queens-hospital-1

Queen's Hospital

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

1 2 3 4 5 252,436 reviews

21st September 2021

Was very satisfied with the service my mum was given

There was nothing in my overall experience at the hospital that I would change doctors nurses and other staff were all very polite and made my mum very comfortable

21st September 2021

I had little or no communication with nursing staff in A and E from the time I arrived by ambulance to the time I left. The only person I had contact with was the phlebotomist who was kind. I arrived at approximately 1720 was shown to a chair where I waited without any communication from any staff member until 2015. Having had an ECG and blood tests as there was nowhere to sit so I stood in the corridor.

I was led to believe that because I came in by ambulance I would receive a quick blood test and would have to wait a couple of hours for the results. After my tests I was walked to a totally different area with another patient (who had been in A and E simce1200) to be told by the duty nurse that I would have to wait 8-10 hours to be assessed. This was 9pm and I was not prepared to wait with approx 70 other patients for my results the following morning. My dr was going to request my results to be sent to him otherwise the whole event was a waste of everybody’s time. I can honestly say there was no system in place and experiencing other patients in distress and not receiving any attention from anybody was distressing. It was worse than a war zone. I would hope that the assessment of my tests has now been sent to my GP. On a positive note the ambulance crew were exceptional and very professional. I think the whole system of A and E needs to be restructured as the staff are working in unacceptable conditions.

Review of Radiology,

staff were helpful

nothing

21st September 2021

Well firstly I was left in a and e with a broken flapping arm which was clearly broken. No pain killers issued when I did get seen they took x-rays then left there and then put a cast on to then get it cut off then I waited another 2 hours for a specialist to cast my arm and then had to wait another 4 hours in the end I got fed and kept having to ask what's going only to be told go home someone will contact you. The next I got a call saying did you know your booked in for surgery tomorrow. Which I replied no I wasn't informed and doctor said that they wanted to try and let bone heal in a cast. So then went to appointment on the ward at 7am as requested only to be told there's no room wait outside. After an hour of waiting got into ward and shown to a plastic where I had to wait for 4 hours until I had surgery my bum was really numb. I was such pain as my was broken fractured and and flapping around if I moved. Had the operation then kept in overnight doctor se me next day and said will see you in 2 weeks I was then discharged with only a discharged notice. No information on what to expect no appointment made and basicall ushered out the door. Really disappointed in my care really feel I've been left by the wayside left to fend for myself and now I'm coming rashes and infection from arm and still no appointment

Yes gave pain killers seen to me straight not left in corrider with drunks and not told to go home and then have to come backfor major operation on Tuesday Also would have nice for clear instructions of what to expect after surgery as I have nothing. A phone call to make sure I'm ok would have great Or a number I could contact to put my mind at rest rather than keep calling 111

21st September 2021

I was in A&E for a total of 16hours although my GP made prior arrangements and I was medically expected, I had to try sleep on two chairs with lots of other sick people even though they were made aware that I shouldn’t be in A&E and that I have a very rare genetic condition which my immune system is compromised and I am on immune suppressants so is very dangerous for me to be around others, especially with Covid or any other virus/infections around.

Treat patients with dignity and respect and handle things in a more to rely humane manner

21st September 2021

Overall the care I received was great.

Triage doctor was hard to understand behind a screen and wearing a mask.

20th September 2021

7 hour wait before seeing a doctor No updates from nursing team Asked nursing team questions and nursing team did not get back to me

Better information about waiting time, update regularly When asked questions, nursing team need to get back in timely manner

20th September 2021

It was so busy the waiting times were so long between things happening. The staff on the whole were very polite and helpful even when under so much pressure. Surgical doctors were all very rude and abrupt. I had to keep asking what was happening with my care as I wasn't told when decisions were made but nursing team were all very helpful and patient.

The inniskilling triage into the hospital a&e/ UTC needs to be looked at. It takes a very long time to get through the queue before getting to the next department only to be triaged again.

20th September 2021

I was treated how i wanted to be

Nothing

20th September 2021

I was shown care and respect and compassion. It was on a day when the computers went down and staff had to do everything the old fashioned way and write it down ! So I was there for a very long time .

Just wish it didn’t take so very long

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2