queens-hospital-1

Queen's Hospital

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

1 2 3 4 5 248,300 reviews

4th July 2020

2 unrelated operations in last 6 months (thyroid removal and a plate inserted after I broke my arm.) On both occasions the care was excellent, I was well informed, the surgery was very successful (and the scarring has virtually disappeared from both operations.) The follow up has been very good - even after the COVID 19 outbreak which meant that the follow ups have been a mixture of phone calls and visits. The physiotherapist calls every 2 weeks and sends me a new set of exercises and is available for queries and concerns. The cleanliness of the hospital was also excellent - the ward was cleaned every few hours, beds changed and the toilet seemed to be cleaned every hour at least. The food was also very good. Since the COVID 19 outbreak the hospital has been exceptionally well-organised and I was very very confident that it was a safe environment that I was entering.

Review of Accident & Emergency, written by a patient
2nd July 2020

I spent over 24 hours in SDEC and watched the nurses go from patient to patient (including myself) undertaking observations and not once did they clean the blood pressure cuff or sats probe between each patient use. I watched a night sister strip a dirty bed without gloves or an apron and then remake the bed with linen she had just dropped on the floor. I also observed the attending medic sit on the bed of the patient opposite just before he sat on my bed during my consultation. Not once did I observe anyone use the hand gel located at the end of the beds in my bay before attending to their duties. I was offered breakfast and received toast from an ungloved hand taken from a compartment on a hot drinks trolley. In the current COVID climate this is both shocking and unacceptable.

Kindness
Doctor communication
28th June 2020

Always had first class service at queens hospital, and staff are extremely caring.

25th June 2020

My Mother, Mrs Lilian Strutton was admitted to Queens Hospital 22nd June 2020; I was in attendance with her. She was seen by Theresa Barron; Advanced Clinical Practitioner, who was amazing and brilliant. Ms Barron's level of care, diligence and professionalism gave great comfort at a very difficult time. Everything was explained cleary and her smiles and good nature helped along the way. Whilst writing this recommendation, I would like to comment that although I am a UK Citizen I do not live in the UK. During my Mother's Hospital stay at Queens, all the staff were absolutely amazing; Efficient, caring and professional. The ambulance crews who took my Mother to Hospital and later returned her home, even taking her upstairs to her room were kind and warm and caring. People say the NHS is the best of British. It most definitely is. Thanks NHS. Ian Strutton

22nd June 2020

I gave birth to my first baby at the birth centre during the height of the lockdown in April and can’t rate the care and support I received highly enough. From the moment I called to say I thought labour had started, right through to my discharge from the postnatal ward, I was met with nothing but efficient, kind, expert care and advice. The restrictions put in place because of Covid meant that my husband wasn’t allowed into the unit until I was in established labour. Whilst this could have been incredibly daunting, my wonderful midwife Joanna kept me feeling safe and calm and ensured my experience was incredibly positive. The communication explaining the need for a quick trip to theatre post birth was excellent and the drs and nurses involved in both theatre and recovery were incredibly compassionate and professional. The team in the postnatal ward were equally wonderful, with nothing being too much trouble. The midwives provided brilliant advice and support with breast feeding and kept me informed and involved with all aspects of my care. My experience of birth, thanks to the kindness and respect of everyone I encountered in the hospital was hugely positive, even in such unusual and scary times and that is something that will stay with me forever. Thankyou very much Queens, keep up the good work!!

21st June 2020

The nurses and doctors were amazing today

18th June 2020

Everything is fine the doctor and the stuff in the hospital and the service.just only the stuff in ambulance They not treating well the patient thanks

17th June 2020

My experience at Queens hospital was by far the most disgusting traumatising event I've ever experienced ever. It was my first time giving birth . I was bullied, made fun of, picked on and had threats from the nurses did if I refused to take the lift I will not give birth and that I should go home and have a family deliver my baby if I continued to be silly. One of the nurse was extremely aggressive physically when doing a sweep check with me because I was very uncomfortable with her physically checking me and very tense because the way she carried herself was extremely disturbing.

16th June 2020

Queens provided a great srvice in tough Covid conditions Dr Chandu Wickramarachchi was amazing

Review of Queen's Birth Centre, written by a patient
11th June 2020

I gave birth in Queens Birth Centre, having a water birth and the two midwifes who were with me were fantastic and made my birthing experience extremely positive. I just want to say a massive thank you to them, Lauren and Mary Joy.

Kindness
Doctor communication

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2