cath-dixon

Cath Dixon

38 reviews

19th June 2023

I had been struggling with my bowel for such a long time especially after my total colectomy ileostomy reversal and anastomosis and it has become increasingly harder to cope each day and care for my husband. I had come across Cath Dixon during my Ace button and stoma days and always found her helpful and so knowledgeable. I’ve been referred to her again and she has been such a great support in helping me with pain, discomfort and now the irrigation process. She is very supportive,, kind and such an asset to Swansea Bay Heath Board.

17th April 2023

I met Cath, at my home, last Friday, 14th April. She was everything that you could wish for as a Nurse. She sat down and listened to all my concerns and answered each one in turn. Totally putting my mind at rest. She is such a down to earth person that you instantly feel at ease about the situation that you are coming to terms with. I don't think that there is anything that I would change about the care and support that I have received. I feel that I have been very lucky to have the best care and support available.

24th March 2023

I met Cath for the first time in person a week ago. She was immediately warm and welcoming. After 13 plus years of unmanageable bowel symptoms/ constipation and bloating daily, Cath taught me how to perform home irrigation. Since following her advice for a week. I have finally experienced pain free evenings which have always been particularly difficult. I am sleeping at night without being woken up with bowel symptoms and generally feeling ‘well’ for the first time in years. The irrigation itself is extremely user friendly, quick to perform and packs away neatly into a discreet zip up bag. The ordering process is easy with the luxury of home delivery. The service is just wonderful. Cath is the first person I have spoken to medically about my chronic bowel issues who actually ‘gets it’. Not only did she understand, she had a potential solution. I would encourage everyone to speak to Cath for her to share her invaluable experience. I am incredibly grateful to have been given the opportunity to meet her. She has introduced me to a new and better way of life. Long may it continue! Thank you so much Cath.

23rd February 2023

Cath listened, gave adequate time and had the knowledge to advise appropriately.

7th February 2023

Cath Dixon is the best nurse ever. She explained things very well and listen to my problems. She understood what I was going through and helped me to make my life better. :)

• Urology
  • Gastroenterology

Qualifications:

• Nurse Independent/Supplementary Prescriber
  • Adult Nurse, Level 1

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to view this profile and potentially leave a review. I have been a Stoma care Nurse specialist for over 26 years and in that time it has been a pleasure to provide care and support to patients from West Wales and further afield who have had bladder and colorectal surgery at Morriston Hospital in Swansea. In the last 12 years I have had the honour of mostly caring for patients who have undergone surgery for bladder cancer providing inpatient and outpatient support. I have recently joined Fittleworth Medical to continue the support and care for patients now into the future . Although I specialise in Stoma care I can provide support and expert advice on all aspects of bowel and bladder surgery and conditions including ACE. IAP, Fistula management, high output stoma management, ISC and ISD, and patient counselling. Your feedback and support will be used to shape the service Fittleworth and myself will provide in the future.