queens-hospital-1
1 2 3 4 5 231,898 reviews Write a review

Queen's Hospital

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

8th December 2019

I went with my friend on maternity emergency as she was bleeding and in so much pain.Her delivery date was due on 10th of December. Despite she was in a critical position they make her wait for 8 hours to get her a bed.After being examined by a nurse she realise that her Bp is high and she's suffering from pre eclampsia.she did an emergency delivery and was send to a ward the next day.She was on coral ward but she was treated rudely by staff.I myself could hear their tone of voice towards vulnerable new born mother is so harsh.Nurses at this wards are not only rude but they lack professional manner towards patients and their family.I have never see or heard any hospital who would discharge patient at 1am with a newborn baby.The treatment was absolutely absurd and disgusting.

Review of Ocean Ward B, written by a patient
8th December 2019

Care I received was fantastic. My ward was not quite for sleeping at night. Staff members we’re always out and about and talking loudly

Review of Outpatient Team 1, written by a family member
7th December 2019

The care given at outpatients at this second appointment was very good. The initial appointment a few months ago was disappointing due to the lengthy delay (aprox 1 hr) and because an MRI was needed we required a follow up appointment. It would have been helpful and cause less anxiety if the MRI could have been part of the initial appointment. This would also mean the same patient needs less appointments if the MRI showed there was no treatment needed. And on this occasion my daughter has now been referred for Physio and Pain clinic and so we now have another wait for treatment. The only other cause for concern is the parking at Queens. It is atrocious. The appointment was for 10.15am. We allowed over an hour for the journey and half of that was spent queuing from the main road into the car park. It was not as if the car park was full, because it was not but exceptionally slow moving. The same applied to departing from the car park. This is a serious concern if a patient needed urgent medical attention or if the car park needed to be evacuated quickly.

Doctor communication

Review of Gynaeoncology, written by a patient
7th December 2019

All I would say that the consultant I saw seemed very good but following up from my visit the staff at the Qeens were unhelpful

6th December 2019

Unfortunately I had to wait six hours for an ambulance but once at the hospital I had wonderful treatment . EVERBODY was so kind and looked after meso well..

5th December 2019

I had surgery & was on Cornflower B ward for 4 days afterwards. The nursing staff were wonderful, the HCA's were also very good. I was given excellent care.

Review of Outpatient Team 3, written by a patient
5th December 2019

Excellent staff and treatment both in Team 3 and the oncology department.

Review of Accident & Emergency, written by a family member
4th December 2019

Was sent to A&E from the GP for my 3 year old. The department was extremely busy as expected. I had to wait in the Queue to see the streaming nurse for over an hour whilst standing and holding my unwell child, who couldn't stay awake and was having a high temperature at the time. There was many elderly people also queuing for this long period who looked very unwell indeed. I feel that this could be a risk and there must be a better way to ensure better patient flow into the department during busy times. I don't agree with making unwell and injured patients stand in a queuing system for such a long time. The streaming nurses had to leave their position to take ill patients to majors light and other departments which them leaves the streaming desks unmanned.

Doctor communication

Review of Radiology, written by a family member
2nd December 2019

My visit to the hospital this morning was so fast it almost took my breath away! I entered reception at 10.05, went to X-ray which started at 10.20 and was out at 10.30! Went to blood tests with a previously issued number and was tested at 10.50. Left the hospital at 11.00 after donating to the school choir carol singers. I am partly disabled, walk very slowly with the aid or a rollator and if I had good health I am sure my visit would have been even quicker. Well done, X-ray Dept and Phlebology.

Review of Sahara Ward B, written by a patient
2nd December 2019

I found all the staff very helpful.

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2