queens-hospital-1

1 2 3 4 5 248,369 reviews

Review of Gynaecology Outpatients, written by a patient
24th September 2020

Satisfaction:
I met the most amazing team of ladies today, Michele Madula (aka Nicole Kidman), Mercy Ameyaw (aka Naomi Campbell) and Bama (aka Jennifer Lopez) - my celebrity dream team who made me laugh and totally put me at ease during my procedure. Dr Bama explained the whole procedure very carefully to me so I understood at every step of the way what was happening. Thank you all so much for your support, kindness and much needed laughs, the procedure isn't a highlight for any woman, but you made it the best possible experience that it could be for me and it was very much appreciated.

Improvement:
From an admin perspective, it would have been nice to have a formal letter for the appointment, just to make things easier on arrival with various checks and having to explain that I don't have a letter on several occasions.

23rd September 2020

everyone took care of me and helped me make everything easier

21st September 2020

I receive the most amazing care by Miss Sharma (Consultant Obstetrician/Gynaecologist). I could never thank her enough for everything she did for me. I felt so special.

20th September 2020

I cannot thank the Upminster and Cranham midwifes enough for the care they gave me throughout my pregnancy! They have been so helpful and responsive I couldn’t of done it without them! X

Review of Accident & Emergency - Children's,
17th September 2020

Satisfaction:
The entrance streaming team should be advised about infection control procedured

Improvement:
I brought my child to A and E on Thursday 17th Septemberat 19:30. I joined the queue at the entrance of A and E waiting to be screaned. To my surprise, i didnt see the HCA cleaning either the chair or the BP cuff between patients. I felt bad at my experience especially at this time of Covid that infection prevention and control should be priority The HCA should be trained properly and supervised i think. Patients are not ignorant.

Parent Dignity
Suitable Location
16th September 2020

I have attended this hospital twice in the last six months and all the staff have been wonderful and very caring. I was very well looked after and because of their care I am now able to live a full live without pain. Thank you to everyone in Queens Hospital.

Review of Accident & Emergency, written by a family member
16th September 2020

Satisfaction:
My husband and I came to A & E at around 10.00pm due to an emergency situation. As we reach A & E we have find out from rest of the people that we have to wait outside in the queue to be called. There was no communication from any of the staff members about the reason for making us wait outside. There was a security guy who was sitting in the desk inside the room can’t even see what is happening to the people who are waiting in the queue. People like us who came at that time of the night need some sort of urgent care. My husband was already in pain and we have been told to wait in the queue. The guy who was in the main desk on that night shit was not even wearing a mask and he was asking everyone to wear a mask. I think it should be both ways. Staff should be wearing a mask as well to protect the patient. I have asked the guy why are you not wearing one. He said he is diabetic and hence he can’t wear it. He has already address this issue to his security department but they have advised him not to wear a mask. People who are in the front desk like in A and E should be wearing a mask to protect each other.

Improvement:
If your staff who can’t wear a mask like him shouldn’t be having a direct contact with patients. It is not fair to the patient as well as to that person. Even though he is not treating anyone with direct contact but he is talking to all these patients and asking us to use the hand sanitiser bottle from the desk which is very close to him. So all these precautions you are asking the patients to take is just a waste of time.

14th September 2020

After an Outpatients Appointment with Dr Achari I wanted to find out what had happened to my Orthotics appointment as the the doctor said the department had closed for lockdown and had not reopened. A nurse at the hospital, Elizabeth Obisesan helped me above and beyond her duty to show me the Orthotics department and to communicate with the office staff to find out all the information I needed. She was so helpful to me, I would have hugged her if I had been permitted. Thank you so much Nurse Obisesan, you are an angel!

Review of Accident & Emergency, written by a patient
14th September 2020

Satisfaction:
Very disappointed with the lack of organization in A&E at the moment as well as lack of communication between the hospital and walk-in centres/111 advice. (I am aware this is not entirely the hospitals fault). I have had a possible ear infection for over 2 weeks now. I first didn't seek treatment as I knew it would be hard to get an appointment anywhere due to the pandemic. On Sunday 13/9, I went to my local walk in centre (South Hornchurch)that was listed as open on the NHS website, only to find it was closed and the nearest one was at Harold Wood. I called 111 and spoke to a doctor who advised me to seek medical attention within the next 2 hours and booked me an appt. at Harold Wood. I got to Harold Wood to be told they don't have appts., it was a 3 hour wait and I would be better going to Queens A&E. (Again I understand that this is not the fault of Queens but I was already fed up of being pushed around by this point) I arrived at A&E to find we had to queue outside the door in the direct, hot sunlight. I waited around 30 mins, a nurse came out to take my details, I asked if I could go to the Urgent Care Centre located in Team 1 as I had been there before and did not have an 'emergency' as such and was told it would likely be a 3 hour wait just for triage before I could go there but she would find out the waiting time. However she did not come back within the next 20 mins and by this time I had a bad headache and was feeling sick from sitting in the sunlight for so long. I left without treatment as the longer I was sitting there, the worse I was feeling. I understand things have changed due to coronavirus, but as this is likely to be an ongoing issue, there should be a better system in place than leaving sick patients outside in extreme weather conditions, which are likely to make them worse.

Improvement:
Move waiting areas inside the hospital or at the very least not in the direct sunlight. Provide more seating outside for patients that are waiting for A&E. Communicate better with other healthcare providers to give patients accurate and timely information.

Review of Amber Ward A, written by a patient
12th September 2020

Satisfaction:
All the staff on Amber Ward A theatre staff and Recovery staff were wonderful, kind and funny. I was looked after very well.

Improvement:
Upon arrival I was greeyed and shown straight to a side room. I did wait some time before someone came to see me but it was lunchtime and staff were very busy.

Doctor communication

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2