queens-hospital-1

Queen's Hospital

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

1 2 3 4 5 250,197 reviews

12th June 2021

I got into Urgent care at approx 02.20pm. I should have been sent to Majors, but waited in great pain, till approx 8.30pm to be told this. The you woman behind the Urgent care desk, was extremely nice, Kind, sincere & informative. I was the only person waiting, who showed any sign of distress & pain! When I got to majors, Every one of the staff were wonderful!! So sincere!! So helpful! Caring! Friendly, & I had to ask some of them to stop making me laugh, as it hurt so much!! Xray etc were also great! Thank you all so much!!

Maybe sent me to majors earlier??

11th June 2021

Thank you to all the staff in majors B, especially to Fatou and Emma and to the matron team working in the department. Thank you to the ENT SHO for great care and understanding.

Nothing!

11th June 2021

Based on my experience for that 1 night.

I understand how busy the Hospital is at this time. The only issue is long waiting.

10th June 2021

Only interacted with a nurse for medication, mostly dealt with the doctor.

My only complaint would have been the fact that I was asked to do a urine sample. I placed it where asked, on a table and it stayed there until I left. It wasn't even tested. There was a long wait but that is part and parcel of being in A & E. Once seen though, things started to move a bit quicker. The doctor was great and everything else was good to be honest

Review of Harvest Ward B,
10th June 2021

My uncle was on Harvest B ward at Queens hospital in Romford. The initial care he received after suffering a stroke was very good. However, when he was moved to Harvest B ward there was a complete change in his care. The lack of care and empathy shown by the nursing staff is appalling. Due to the stroke he was unable to feed himself and needed help. He has told us how food would be left infront of him, many times out of reach, and then would be collected later without anyone feeding him. He would be left many hours in soiled clothes and bed linen. He also received minimal oral care and was left in one position for many hours at a time. It has been devastating to hear him tell us what he has been put through at the hands of the people we trusted to take care of him. I think the no visitors/ one visitor for an hour rule has been used by nursing staff at this ward to avoid doing their job and looking after patients as they should. They have used this rule put in place as a social distancing rule during covid to hide the true extent of neglect from families of patients on the ward. We as a family feel extremely guilty for trusting the nursing staff on this ward with our uncles care and not suspecting or questioning the care he was receiving. It is only now that he is out of there and able to communicate enough to be able to tell us how he was treated. Staff on this ward need to awaken their conscience and question whether they are in the right job. Don’t work in healthcare if you lack the care and empathy that these patients need to get back to health.

-Nursing staff should do the job that they are there to do! - Show some care and empathy. These patients may not be able to communicate or be mobile now but only several days before they were completely mobile and independent. - If you can’t take care of patients then allow family members to visit more often so they can at least be fed and not miss meals.

10th June 2021

The care I received was “pretty “ fast. 5 hours to wait in the A & E I guess is not too bad. Thank you

Better , more comfortable seats

10th June 2021

I was treated with the highest quality. Every test and examination was carried out and I was informed all the way through of results and what was happening.

Nothing comes to mind

10th June 2021

Was made to feel like nothing was wrong and that I was wasting their time. Staff was very rude. When in actaul fact a week later I had to loose money take time off of work and find someone for little boy as it was half term and I got worse after "apparently" nothing was wrong.

Actually help patients

10th June 2021

I was there for 6 hours and in that time was seen approx 7 times by various departments. I felt very well cared for and wasn’t left for any long lengths of time.

Social distancing was not reinforced

10th June 2021

On my last visit 2/6/21 from ambulance crew to Dr at Queens Hospital the care and service was great. The only downside is the waiting for results.

The above. If there’s anything that can be done to speed up results for scans etc

Doctor communication

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2