queens-hospital-1

Queen's Hospital

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

1 2 3 4 5 243,231 reviews

21st February 2020

I found the appointment-making process rather frustrating, as I was unable to find an appointment online. I was then not permitted to call at my convenience; rather; I had to wait for a call from a call centre. My GP initially referred to me to King George's Hospital; however, I was told that there was only one appointment available and this was at Queen's Hospital. I was told if I did not take this, I would be discharged back to my GP. While I understand that it is difficult to fit all patients in and that there are targets to be met, it also has to be taken into account that people work, have other commitments etc and cannot always make a given appointment. Greater flexibility would be very much appreciated. Moreover, the ability to make an appointment in person would be more effective and less wasteful, as people would be able to negotiate a day and time that suits all parties. If I'm doing something for my health that is worrying me, I don't want to be made to feel like I've done something wrong for not accepting an appointment or being pressured into doing something I'm not comfortable with. In terms of my appointments and treatment, there was nearly an hour's delay for my initial consultation, which was not made clear to me. I was then asked to take documents to a reception elsewhere but it was not made clear to me what I was actually supposed to be doing or which direction to go in. On a separate occasion, the ultrasound team did a great job and I was seen pretty much on time. I cannot fault them. The walk-in blood test area I attended later was very busy and not easy to negotiate for somebody who has never been there. The wait was some 80-90 minutes plus, which is not ideal if you've fasted since the previous day and haven't got a specific appointment, for those with young children etc.. The staff there seemed very much over-worked and under a lot of pressure, as the technology had failed them. It meant that one staff member had to run around, simultaneously shouting out ticket numbers, answering questions and so on, when she would've been more effectively used as a phlebotomist. The lady who took my blood was patient, kind and efficient. Under the circumstances, I do not feel this team can be criticised on the basis of the work they were doing. On the whole, I felt there was a lot of rushing and sometimes it was like I was on a conveyer-belt to tick boxes. That said, I felt that the vast majority of the staff did the best they could under challenging circumstances. Ultimately, I've received the care and treatment I needed, within a reasonable time-frame from my GP referral. In an ideal world, I would've preferred to attend a hospital closer to my home and a more flexible booking system would make for a smoother build-up to appointments.

Review of Outpatient Team 2, written by a patient
21st February 2020

The doctor spent most of the time talking to his computer and not to me. Sometimes I couldn't understand him because he was mumbling so much! What he did say seemed good but he never looked me in the eye once! Nurses were great. Appointment was 40 minutes late - I was in pain during the wait and during the consultation and the whole experience was wasn't good..

18th February 2020

Queens hospital is a big hospital but is run very well,it is clean and the staff that were involved in my treatment treated me with care and respect. All the staff whether paid or voluntary are well informed and respectful.

Review of Sahara Ward A, written by a patient
17th February 2020

I could not fault the care that I have received whilst on Sahara A. All of the staff have been so caring and have kept me involved throughout my stay. Thank you so much to all of the nursing staff, doctors, matron, ward sisters, domestics and helpers. I hope that I do not have to visit you again as a patient but if I were I know that I would be in great hands. Thank you so much for care that you have given me. I cannot put into words how grateful I am. Regards Sharon

Review of Adult Day Unit, written by a patient
17th February 2020

I had the most helpful and kind staff in the ADU on Friday. Every single person was amazing and I was so looked after..

Review of Outpatient Team 2, written by a patient
16th February 2020

Excellent all round. They didn't have enough evidence to pursue a case against me but I enjoyed watching them try

Everything so far.

Good care seen quickly.

16th February 2020

Your staff are amazing and extremely kind. The process of transferring care from the paramedics to the hospital is extremely painful. Incredibly frustrating for your paramedics who can't get back out. The doctors were forced to consult without privacy in the waiting room. This is in no way a criticism of your incredible staff.

16th February 2020

Happy with care so for waiting times.

{{category}} working at Queen's Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Queen's Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4r2