queens-hospital-1

Queen's Hospital

Rom Valley Way, Romford, Essex, England, RM7 0AG

21st March 2017

20th March 2017

Maternity unit.. on arrival in labour in pain, receptionist rude dismissive oblivious to the fact I couldn't stand with contractions. I also rang ahead, they didn't know I was coming. In triage I asked for pain relief, epidural or pethedine, refused. Once on labour ward again asked, was disregarded every time by rude nurses repeatedly, until it was too late. Once on ward after staff were lovely.

20th March 2017

I have a comment about this electronic form! My last appointment was a consultation in the Ophthalmology department, I did not see a nurse just the consultant, but I still have to comment on how I was communicated to by a nurse as this is a required field...the form needs to be redesigned to allow for a Non Applicable answer otherwise you get an untrue response, as I have done. On a better note my consultation, communication and teated was first class as always...just didn't see a nurse!

20th March 2017

My first appointment went ok and I was seen fairly close to my appointed time. the consultant I saw said I needed to see a plastic surgeon regarding my injury and that I needed surgery. He told me there wasn't 1 available at Queens and I needed to go Broomfield the next day. So I went to Broomfield the next day, after 2 hours there the surgeon said it was a waste of time seeing him as I needed to see an Orthopaedic surgeon back at Queens. I received a letter telling me I was to meet a consultant on Wednesday. When I got there I waited over 2 hours past my appointment the consultant I saw questioned why I was there and that I didn't need to come in. I had many questions regarding what surgery I was to actually have and he had no answers or any clue about my case. He then sent me to see his boss, I was told I would see him in a matter of minutes half hour later I actually saw someone useful who explained everything to me. My appointment was 10:45am I left at 1:30 for what was a 5 minute conversation.

19th March 2017

My Aunt, who is the patien and 94 Years old, had always been very concerned about going into hospital as there are so many awful stories in the media about older people's care. The treatment and care that she received from the moment the paramedics came to the house to transport her to Resus, Elderly Receiving Unit, and then onto Sunshine ward B was exemplary. Kindness and Caring was uppermost in everything that happened to my Aunt and all procedures from washing to medication were explained to her before being carried out. I cannot give any suggestions on improvements as I found no faults, however, I would ask that all family and friends that visit the patients on the wards, remember that their relative is only one patient and to give respect to the other patients around them, by abiding by the 'Rules of the Ward' not using their mobiles and being aware that the patient in the next bed can hear everything being said. I wish to give thanks to everyone involved in my Aunt's care and to give the highest praise to the Hospital and Staff. My Aunt is now back with me at home and is continuing to receive excellent care from Carers and District nurses. Excellent.