Professor Zoe Winters

Professor Zoe Winters is a Senior Consultant Oncoplastic Surgeon. She is an experienced, highly regarded, nationally recognised breast surgeon specialising in the diagnosis, management and treatment of breast cancer and overall quality of life. Specialist areas of work are; Breast cancer and it's biology Oncoplastic reconstructive surgery Oncoplastic breast conserving surgery Therapeutic Mammaplasty Mastectomy Sentinel lymph node biopsy Breast pain Brast lump investigation Cancer tests Nipple discharge Family history patients Intra-Operative RadioTherapy (IORT) Breast reconstruction procedures include: Implant only (under the pectoral muscle or using an ADM) Back flap and implant Back flap tissue only (your own body tissue) Therapeutic Mammoplasty Clinical trials in breast surgery and oncology Chair of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life in Breast Reconstruction subgroup Member of the board of the International Society of Quality of Life (ISOQOL) Chief Investigator in the development of the first European patient reported questionnaire in breast reconstruction called the BRECON23

6th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I have VERY much appreciated the care I have received from Prof Winters. She has been so kind and caring. She has treated me as a thinking person - appreciated that as I was once a scientist (Cambridge 1953-6) I like to know that facts about my situation. Although clearly a busy person she has never seemed to imply she has to hurry up dealing with me. I am being treated at Wycombe hospital, which this form does not seem to allow for

27th October 2018
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

No one wants to hear they have breast cancer but the treatment and care Professor Winters and the breast care team gave me was exactly what I needed. Professor Winters surgical skills are excellent, I had minimum pain and discomfort. Every stage was explained, all questions answered and I felt I was treated like an individual, that I mattered. Literature to read, nurses to phone, all bases were covered by their confidence and competence. Great care was taken at every stage with a nurse always beside you, taking you to all locations you needed to go to within the hospital. I thoroughly recommend Professor Winters, a frightening experience to go through but with one of the best Doctors I have ever met. Thank you very much.

24th October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

Zoe Winters was very sympathetic to my emotional needs. Very informative of my cancer, eg stage it was at. Helped me feel a lot more positive about everything. Explained as much as she could about what procedure and treatment I would have to undergo. Couldn't have been more understanding of my feelings. Came away much happier and positive.

1st October 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

Thank you to Professor Winters and her Specialist Nurse Jackie for their support over the past couple of months. I was immediately put at ease by Professor Winters at my appointment earlier in the Summer at Spire, Bristol. I was given clear and concise information and all of my many questions were answered. I left the appointment feeling well-informed and reassured that I was in good hands. I was very impressed by the follow-up and communcation following my appointment- both Prof Winters and Jackie went the extra mile to ensure that I had all necessary information and received the best care going forward. My consultation with Prof Winters did not just concentrate on the immediate issue. A full assessment of my family history was made and so in accordance with Prof Winters' careful advice and recommendation I underwent Genetic Screening only a couple of weeks later. Fortunately the results came back as negative and now my family and I have peace of mind for the future and ongoing screening put in place.

29th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I had a very pleasant and informative appointment with Prof.Zoe Winters. She was highly professional and empathetic.She listened and gave me clear information( verbal and written) and talked through treatment options plan. She is an unique example of a good doctor. Thank you Prof. Winters and your caring team!

Short link to review Professor Zoe Winters: http://iwgc.net/ecjth