dr-fiona-jane-tsang-wright

Dr Fiona Jane Tsang-Wright

24th September 2020

A very straight forward and simple appointment on a busy clinic day. I was given the opportunity to ask questions at the end but did not need to as Dr Tsang-Wright had been very thorough. A professional, polite, pleasant and highly efficient interaction that was no longer than it needed to be.

17th June 2020

I visited the Breast Unit yesterday. I was treated with great respect by every healthcare professional involved in my visit. Everyone smiled! I cannot praise Dr. Fiona Jane Tsang-Wright too highly. She listened attentively to my concerns, she was extremely patient when I struggled to express myself and took great pains to put me at my ease. Most of all she reassured me that I was not wasting her time. I will certainly follow all the constructive advice she offered. I left the hospital much better informed and very reassured. With my thanks.

4th April 2020

Fiona Tsang-Wright is currently treating me for breast cancer at Wycombe Hospital. She exudes competence and confidence and immediately put me at ease with an appropriate balance of professionalism and empathy. She has always listened to my concerns and taken time to answer my questions fully and clearly. Appointments and telephone calls have never been rushed, despite busy clinics and, on the days of surgery, she took time to put me at ease and explain everything clearly (again, despite a very busy list). I believe that Fiona is an excellent surgeon, both in terms of her technical competence and experience and her manner with patients - a balance that surgeons do not always manage to strike! I cannot recommend her highly enough to anyone in the unfortunate position of needing her care for breast cancer.

28th February 2020

I have recently been under the care of Fiona Tsang-Wright for breast cancer. Ms Tsang-Wright has always treated me with the utmost care and compassion. Every stage was explained in great detail. Appointments were never rushed. I would have no hesitation in recommending her. She is a great asset to both women’s healthcare and the NHS.

1st February 2020

Dr Tsang-Wright was very friendly and very efficient. The consultation was pleasant and positive. I don't think the consultation could have been improved.

Fiona is a full-time Consultant Breast and Reconstructive surgeon at Wycombe Hospital, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, treating screening and symptomatic patients with breast cancer. Fiona completed her general surgery training in North West London, and her specialist training in breast and reconstructive surgery at three tertiary oncoplastic and reconstructive breast units in London (Charing Cross Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital). Fiona is involved in all aspects of a patient's pathway for their breast diseases, and particularly the management of breast cancer in younger women. She has an expertise in oncoplastic techniques to give women an increased possibility of conserving their natural breast or for those needing a mastectomy, she is an expert in immediate breast reconstructions using an implant to create a natural breast shape. She also liaises closely with the plastic surgery department for autologous reconstructions such as DIEP. She has been a faculty member for the Royal Marsden Hospital Masterclass and has written papers on oncoplastic and reconstructive techniques, the recovery phase of COVID19 and is a co-organiser of the monthly regional Oncoplastic Multidisciplinary Meeting. Fiona has worked in different healthcare systems around the world and uses the experience gained in Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai for the management of her patients in the UK. She has a demonstrable record in medical management at national, regional and local levels. Whilst at the Hong Kong Hospital Authority she was involved in workforce planning and the recruitment of doctors qualified overseas, the temporary registration of medical practitioners, and ran an international project bringing together simulation centres together under a united governance structure. She has been a panel member for Health Education Risk Review Panels making recommendations for improving surgical units. Fiona is dedicated to medical education; she was a representative member of the General Surgery Pan-Thames Specialist Training Committee providing the link between trainers and trainees, wrote and introduced a two-year teaching programme for trainees sitting the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, arranged networking and mentoring events, and was a mentor at the UCL Women in Surgery Conference. She has been a panel member for the London Core Surgical Training interviews and the SITE exams, an examiner of PACES medical school finals at Imperial College London, and an examiner and speaker at the Royal Society of Medicine OSCE for MRCS courses. She is a near-peer teaching advocate with a recent poster at National Association of Clinical tutors. Fiona is keen to widen the diversity of medical school applicants; she was part of Imperial College’s ‘Pathways to Medicine’ scheme seeking to attract highly motivated state school students with academic potential to achieve grades for medical school, as well as supporting sixth form students during their work experience in her department. Fiona is a caring and empathetic breast surgeon who is keen to tailor and individualise the treatment of breast cancer to each of her patients.

Short link to review Dr Fiona Jane Tsang-Wright: http://iwgc.net/efinn