dr-fiona-jane-tsang-wright

Dr Fiona Jane Tsang-Wright

Written by a NHS patient at Wycombe Hospital
26th March 2021

I had a consultation with Dr Fiona Jane Tsang-Wright on 23rd of March 2021 at Wycombe Hospital Breast Unit where I was referred to by my GP to have the lump in my breast looked into. I found Dr Tsang-Wright to be very competent as well as reassuring - she listened to my concerns and answered all the questions I had and provided invaluable advice going forward. I received a first class service - Thank you Dr Tsang-Wright.

Written by a NHS patient at Wycombe Hospital
5th March 2021

I really liked Fiona she was very personable and knowledgeable. I will definitely go back to see her again

5th January 2021

Miss Tsang-Wright was professional and informative but caring, she listened to me and I felt throughout that she had my best interests at heart. During my treatment so far, I have been consulted about the next steps and given the details I needed to make an informed decision about my breast cancer care. Even during these challenging times I have felt completely understood and cared for.

25th November 2020

Miss Tsang-Wright is efficient, responsive, caring, kind and very talented at the mechanics of her job too. She and Mr Tanos worked brilliantly together on my mastectomy and reconstruction and both of them took the time to come and see me in hospital afterwards and make sure I was doing well. What impressed me particularly was Miss Tsang-Wright's communication with me and across the team. She always gave me results almost as soon as she had them by telephone, keeping me updated and well informed, which was reassuring and also enabled us to discuss the decisions we made about my treatment so that I felt involved and consulted. She is a really lovely person, but also gets the job done efficiently and my treatment went so smoothly thanks to her effective project management. In terms of the surgery itself, the two surgeons have done an amazing job, saving my nipple and leaving me with a perfectly good figure, healthy scars and a nice flat tummy! My breasts are a little out of sync, but I really can't complain. And I am cancer-free (as far as I know), which is fantastic and I am so grateful for the speed with which I was treated, and the effectiveness of that treatment, based on their advice and expertise. Thank you so much, Miss Tsang-Wright, for everything you have done for me, and for being talented technically as well as empathetic and efficient. One year on, I am running long distances, playing netball and living my normal life, thanks to you.

18th November 2020

Dr Tsang-Wright is an amazing surgeon, professional, skillful with a good bedside manner, I wouldn't hesitate recommending her. Finding myself on the other side as a health professional I was fortunate to be under her care and she didn't disappoint. From prelimary investigations to breast surgery and post op Dr Tsang-Wright found the right balance of instilling confidence whilst being compassionate and had time to listen despite a busy clinic. Dr Fiona Tsang-Wright and the breast clinic team were excellent, friendly and put one at ease, thank-you.

Dr Fiona Jane Tsang-Wright was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Fiona is a full-time Consultant Breast and Reconstructive surgeon at Wycombe Hospital, Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust, treating screening and symptomatic patients with breast cancer. Fiona completed her general surgery training in North West London, and her specialist training in breast and reconstructive surgery at three tertiary oncoplastic and reconstructive breast units in London (Charing Cross Hospital, Royal Marsden Hospital and St Bartholomew’s Hospital). Fiona is involved in all aspects of a patient's pathway for their breast diseases, and particularly the management of breast cancer in younger women. She has an expertise in oncoplastic techniques to give women an increased possibility of conserving their natural breast or for those needing a mastectomy, she is an expert in immediate breast reconstructions using an implant to create a natural breast shape. She also liaises closely with the plastic surgery department for autologous reconstructions such as DIEP. She has been a faculty member for the Royal Marsden Hospital Masterclass and has written papers on oncoplastic and reconstructive techniques, the recovery phase of COVID19 and is a co-organiser of the monthly regional Oncoplastic Multidisciplinary Meeting. Fiona has worked in different healthcare systems around the world and uses the experience gained in Singapore, Hong Kong and Dubai for the management of her patients in the UK. She has a demonstrable record in medical management at national, regional and local levels. Whilst at the Hong Kong Hospital Authority she was involved in workforce planning and the recruitment of doctors qualified overseas, the temporary registration of medical practitioners, and ran an international project bringing together simulation centres together under a united governance structure. She has been a panel member for Health Education Risk Review Panels making recommendations for improving surgical units. Fiona is dedicated to medical education; she was a representative member of the General Surgery Pan-Thames Specialist Training Committee providing the link between trainers and trainees, wrote and introduced a two-year teaching programme for trainees sitting the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons, arranged networking and mentoring events, and was a mentor at the UCL Women in Surgery Conference. She has been a panel member for the London Core Surgical Training interviews and the SITE exams, an examiner of PACES medical school finals at Imperial College London, and an examiner and speaker at the Royal Society of Medicine OSCE for MRCS courses. She is a near-peer teaching advocate with a recent poster at National Association of Clinical tutors. Fiona is keen to widen the diversity of medical school applicants; she was part of Imperial College’s ‘Pathways to Medicine’ scheme seeking to attract highly motivated state school students with academic potential to achieve grades for medical school, as well as supporting sixth form students during their work experience in her department. Fiona is a caring and empathetic breast surgeon who is keen to tailor and individualise the treatment of breast cancer to each of her patients.

Short link to review Dr Fiona Jane Tsang-Wright: http://iwgc.net/efinn