The Lister Hospital

Chelsea Bridge Road, London, England, SW1W 8RH

15th October 2019

Mr Smellie was my surgeon for an umbilical hernia. Having read a great deal about how umbilical hernias are usually performed I was less than enthusiastic to undergo the procedure. That was until, while doing some research on the subject, I found Mr Smellie's website and read several reviews all of which were very positive. Mr Smellie's pioneering procedure which entails undertaking the entire procedure via a small incision inside one's belly button has essentially led to zero visible scarring and no pain at all. The procedure was explained very clearly and the concerns I had regarding what I had read about mesh procedures was very delicately dealt with. Given that the piece of mesh Mr Smellie intended using was in his words 'smaller than a postage stamp', I opted for the mesh procedure. The procedure at the Lister Hospital was as uneventful as one could ever hope for. I admitted myself in the morning and was discharged the same afternoon. Made my own way home. Everyone who dealt with me at the Lister was very professional and friendly. Was up on my feet 2 days later and back at work a few days after that. As per Mr Smellie's recommendation, I started easing back into exercise 2 weeks later and was running slowly again after 4 weeks. I do not hesitate to give Mr Smellie and the Lister the highest possible recommendation.

5th September 2019

The staff at the Lister Hospital was wonderful and definitely exceeded my expectations. They have made my procedure much more pleasant and certainly less stressful. I am ever so grateful for their professionalism and care.

21st August 2019

VGC

{{category}} working at The Lister Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Lister Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb49l