mr-oliver-warren

Written by a patient at The London Clinic
13th October 2020

I'd been diagnosed with a bilateral inguinal hernia by my GP. Oliver was recommended by my longstanding cardiac consultant at the Brompton. Each stage of the subsequent process was easy, professional and painless (well, almost) - from booking up for a consultation via Gabriella, to the consultation, the the London Clinic operation day experience and the post-op follow up. A great result with a minimum of fuss. I'm happy to have got this important task done. It had been worrying me for a while, before I took action. Thank you, Oliver and team.

Written by a patient at OneWelbeck
8th October 2020

Very highly recommended . Dr Warren made me feel very comfortable and natural during what is generally an awkward discussion - absolutely professional and made me feel at ease. Very direct, matter of fact yet kind and friendly. The procedure itself went as Dr Warren explained to me, my recovery went as expected and the follow-up appointment confirmed the procedure delivered the absolute best outcome. OneWelbeck is brand new and I didn’t feel like I was in a hospital at all - more like a hotel. My procedure was during COVID times so Dr Warren and all the nurses were extremely caring and took all the precautions. Lastly Gabriella (Dr Warren’s PA) is an absolute dream. She is extremely responsive (even during full lockdown I was able to be scheduled in for when lockdown lifted), effective and very efficient. A dream team !

Written by a patient at OneWelbeck
7th October 2020

Outstanding care from the whole team from initial referral throughout outpatient procedure and up to follow up consultation. Getting appointments during Covid lockdown was easy and always timely and all my questions were quickly answered. Additionally Dr Warren is approachable, very clear in his explanations and a reassuring physician. Totally recommend his services.

Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital
6th October 2020

I have now been under the care of Mr Warren for 18 months. What was an unimaginably difficult diagnoses of bowel cancer at 32, became bearable and beatable under Mr Warren's professional, accurate and sympathetic stewardship. Since the successful removal of my stage 3 cancer, I moved on to develop an incisional hernia (simply bad luck), which Mr Warren has repaired successfully too. Mr Warren has been faultless and I always leave seeing him feeling more confident; from diagnosis, surgery, after care he's simply an exceptional health care professional.

Written by a patient at The Lister Hospital
29th September 2020

I was referred to Mr Warren by a former junior colleague of his, who described him as an outstanding surgeon who would do the right thing. As a retired consultant radiologist this was praise indeed and greatly reassuring. From the first appointment to discharge I felt he ran hIs practise very professionally and efficiently, ably assisted by Gabriella White his PA. I had a clear explanation of the procedure, risks and outcome. I was treated at the Lister hospital where the care was superb. Mr Warren managed to successfully perform a laparoscopic repair of bilateral inguinal hernias, faced with an abdomen scarred by 2 Caesarian scars and an appendicectomy. The whole procedure was surprisingly non traumatic requiring virtually no pain relief. He is very approachable and quickly understands the issues. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is a highly competent safe surgeon with great expertise and clearly in his prime.

Mr Oliver Warren was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Oliver is a Consultant Colorectal, Intestinal and Hernia Surgeon at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, The London Clinic and The Lister Hospital. He has a high-volume practice in coloproctology and is a JAG accredited colonoscopist. He has an interest in hernias, including complex abdominal wall reconstruction. He performs over 50 colorectal resections per year, the vast majority using 'keyhole' surgery. Prior to becoming a consultant surgeon he undertook colorectal surgery fellowships at St. Mark's Hospital, London and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney. He was a visiting fellow at the Cleveland Clinic, USA. Oliver is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London and has written numerous scientific papers and book chapters on medical leadership, patient safety and surgical education. He is the co-author of the book 'Going into Hospital: A guide for patients, families and carers'.

Short link to review Mr Oliver Warren: http://iwgc.net/e6kx