mr-oliver-warren

Written by a private patient at OneWelbeck
11th April 2021

Dr Warren saw me for rectal bleeding, after a quick inspection he deduced hemorrhoids and decided on banding. The surgery occurred a few weeks later and was extremely quick and professional. The follow up was also extremely efficient and I had complete confidence in Dr Warren's judgement. I would recommend him to anyone.

Written by a private patient at The London Clinic
1st April 2021

I contacted Mr Warren's PA after finding his details on this website. I've had some anal skin tags, one external and some internal haemorrhoids after having a baby earlier in the year (c-section!) Mr Warren gave very straightforward advice, was friendly, professional, and made it easy to discuss my condition. He performed a surgery under general anaesthetic, at One Wellbeck, which went really well. Four weeks later I forgot I ever had the surgery. I am very pleased with the results and would highly recommend Mr Warren.

Written by a private patient at The Lister Hospital
18th February 2021

I was operated on by Oliver Warren at the Lister Hospital last month and I was extremely happy with the care and expertise he demonstrated. I had severe endometriosis and fibroids, one of which was situated very close to my bowel. Oliver and the other consultant we’re fantastic, putting me at ease and explaining everything to me in easy terms. I really felt like I was in good hands. Surgery was a success and I’m fully healed. I cannot thank him enough.

Written by a private patient at OneWelbeck
18th February 2021

For the past couple of years I have struggled with symptoms of IBS and what I now know is faecal incontinence. I am 58 and in my 30s gave birth vaginally to 3 babies in 3 years. I spent insufficient time on pelvic floor exercises due to poor information and general exhaustion! All was well until I reached menopause when the inevitable change to ligaments meant that I developed faecal incontinence. My love of walking was curtailed as I didn’t dare to venture too far from a loo! This is clearly deeply embarrassing and something no one EVER talks about. My husband heard Mr Warren talk about faecal incontinence on Radio 4 Women’s Hour, along with two brave women sharing their experience. It took 6 months for me to gather the courage to seek an appointment with Mr Warren in Welbeck Street. He was very easy to talk to and completely reassuring. His assistant , Gabriella was friendly and very efficient. In one day I saw Lucy Allen, a specialist physio, had an MRI scan and a consultation with Mr Warren. A special mention for Lucy Allen who was a gold mine of brilliant information and so easy to talk to. She and Mr Warren are a great team. It seems my embarrassing, secret problem can be sorted out!

Written by a private patient at The Lister Hospital
15th February 2021

I was referred to Mr Oliver Warren following a routine medical. He discovered an ‘intruder’ in my upper colon and I had surgery to remove it just over 3 weeks ago. I have just had a post operation consultation with Mr Warren and the tumour turns out to have been pre-cancerous. When a scan showed something in my upper colon, Mr Warren explained clearly the alternatives open to me, also the risks involved with surgery. The surgery has been a success and I have had minimal discomfort. I fully recommend Mr Warren’s surgical skills as well as his manner in helping me through a difficult time. David Peck

Mr Oliver Warren was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Oliver is a Consultant Colorectal, Intestinal and Hernia Surgeon at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, The London Clinic and The Lister Hospital. He has a high-volume practice in coloproctology and is a JAG accredited colonoscopist. He has an interest in hernias, including complex abdominal wall reconstruction. He performs over 50 colorectal resections per year, the vast majority using 'keyhole' surgery. Prior to becoming a consultant surgeon he undertook colorectal surgery fellowships at St. Mark's Hospital, London and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney. He was a visiting fellow at the Cleveland Clinic, USA. Oliver is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London and has written numerous scientific papers and book chapters on medical leadership, patient safety and surgical education. He is the co-author of the book 'Going into Hospital: A guide for patients, families and carers'.

Short link to review Mr Oliver Warren: http://iwgc.net/e6kx