Mr Oliver Warren

Oliver is a consultant general and colorectal surgeon at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. He has an interest in colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease and the techniques of minimal access surgery and enhanced recovery. Prior to becoming a consultant surgeon he undertook colorectal surgery fellowships at St. Mark's Hospital, London and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney. He was a visiting fellow at the Cleveland Clinic, USA. Oliver is an honorary lecturer in the Centre for Patient Safety and Service Quality at Imperial College London and has written numerous scientific papers and book chapters on medical leadership, patient safety and surgical education.

9th November 2017
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

Reading the reports of Oliver Warren's work was very helpful to both my family and me so I wanted to add my own account of my recent experience. I was referred to Oliver Warren for a right hemi-colectomy, following discovery by excellent endoscopist Dr Ainley of a polyp that could only be removed surgically. I had never had major surgery before. Of course I was anxious-- it was possible it would turn out to be cancer-- but in the pre-op meetings Mr Warren was immediately clear, reassuring and realistic. He gave excellent and helpful advice on coming into hospital, never rushed me, answering my questions with sensitivity as well as directness. The pre-op tests were all thorough and again reassuring. I knew at once that I was in excellent hands. The operation took place at the London Clinic, lasted less than 2 hours and Mr Warren did it with a single small incision. I had suffered bad reactions from anaesthesia in the past but had absolutely no problems this time thanks to him and Rebecca, the excellent anaesthetist. Obviously having such a small incision minimized the risk of post op complications. I was up the next day, have had remarkably little pain, and came home on Day 3. And the pathology results were good. It’s now about a month later and I’m doing amazingly well. One thing Mr Warren did on visiting me in the hospital—-I still had a wad of cotton wool on my hand from a cannula recently removed—he casually took it off, “Too much like a patient” he said. A small thing perhaps, but oddly empowering. I felt better for it. And now feel very lucky to have received such all round excellent care. I cannot recommend him too highly.

21st October 2017
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I found the reviews of Oliver Warren's work very helpful a few weeks ago and I thought I should add the details of my own excellent treatment . Just over a month ago I had my annual checkup and when I asked my doctor if there was anything else I should do he pointed out that I hadn't had a colonoscopy since 2003. Insurance Companies wouldn't pay the fee, however , as I didn't have any red flag symptoms . Taking the view that I should self finance just in case I made the decision to have a CT Colonography scan. Just in case turned into just as well as the radiologist immediately spotted an abnormality, a large tumour lurking in my right colon. He advised I should have it looked into quickly. In his opinion it could only be removed surgically. Forty-eight hours laters my wife and I found ourselves, through my GP's referral , in Mr Warren's office at the London Clinic. He explained my situation in the most concise and clear manner and advised what I should do next. Obviously, I was very lucky that the problem had been picked up so early; it would certainly turn into a much bigger problem in due course. On 4 October I found myself in the London Clinic after lots of pre-operation checks ( all very impressive) . My operation was about 2.5 hours and Mr Warren used a single umbilical incision for all the necessary work. I was walking around the clinic the next day, the wound was very small and just tender rather than painful. My progress was so encouraging that I was allowed to go home on the fourth day. After just two weeks I feel extremely well and have to make myself concentrate carefully on the postoperative recovery advice. I know I am lucky on two counts. The first was, of course, having the voluntary scan. The second was being sent to Mr. Warren who was wonderfully professional in every way: my whole family are very grateful to him. I recommend him most happily!

26th September 2017
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

I only met this man today at C and W, OP clinic , and as a rather cynical and disappointed retired health care professional I was impressed by his manner, willingness to engage and professional approach, He was clear and forthright and for me, he hit the right note to give me confidence in him.

5th September 2017
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

Dr Oliver Warren was my surgeon for major abdominal surgery. He was excellent - I felt safe, informed and listened to, as well as receiving great care. I had an acute presentation after being unwell for a short period of time. I also had been told I may have cancer. It was very scary time for me and my husband. From the moment I met Dr Warren he was empathetic, really wanting to understand what had happened to me beforehand, extremely clear about the surgery (major abdominal surgery on my bowel) and the risks and gave me all the time I needed when I was scared and quite emotional. I had a slow post operative recovery as is normal to some people. Mr Warren saw me very regularly, was clear about the situation, and was so kind and empathetic. He also ensured I knew the outcome of my results as soon as possible which was a huge relief to my husband and I. I am now home and recovering well. I have seen Mr Warren as an outpatient for a follow-up and yet again he gave me all the time I needed, was thorough in his assessment and is ensuring I have all the follow up tests and procedures I need. I could not recommend Mr Warren enough. It is not just the amazing surgical expertise which I have benefitted from but so importantly the empathy, really listening to me and my worries and ensuring despite me being scared that I felt safe. fully informed and in control. Having worked in health for many years - Mr Warren is a trued role model. I feel lucky to have been under his care and am deeply grateful.

2nd August 2017
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

I was referred to Dr Mr Oliver Warren by Dr Harbord for haemorrhoids treatment. I had the medical procedure at the London clinic and all went supper well with the support of his professionalism and immaculate skills. i strongly recommend Dr Oliver.

Short link to review Mr Oliver Warren: http://iwgc.net/e6kx