Mr Oliver Warren

Oliver is a Consultant Colorectal, Intestinal and Hernia Surgeon at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, The London Clinic and The Lister Hospital. He has a high-volume practice in coloproctology and is a JAG accredited colonoscopist. He has an interest in hernias, including complex abdominal wall reconstruction. He performs over 50 colorectal resections per year, the vast majority using 'keyhole' surgery. Prior to becoming a consultant surgeon he undertook colorectal surgery fellowships at St. Mark's Hospital, London and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney. He was a visiting fellow at the Cleveland Clinic, USA. Oliver is an Honorary Senior Lecturer at Imperial College London and has written numerous scientific papers and book chapters on medical leadership, patient safety and surgical education. He is the co-author of the book 'Going into Hospital: A guide for patients, families and carers'.

1st December 2019

I am an active 28 yo male and a recreational tennis player. I have been having quite unpleasant discomfort in the groin area for a few months which prevented me from playing tennis pain free and I was having physiotherapy to help address the pain. After a few months of physio that did not resolve the problem I was sent to do ultrasound and was diagnosed with a reducible inguinal hernia. I have never had a surgery in my life and was really scared of the surgery and anaesthesia. One of my friends has helped me find Dr Warren as a top surgeon in this field. I cannot speak more highly of Dr Warren - he is very professional, reassuring, full of energy, and very pleasant to deal with. He has guided me through the process from start to finish - initial diagnostics, surgery (at London clinic) and follow ups. It has been 6 weeks since my surgery and I am in a much better state than before surgery. I am pain free during tennis and sports activity and only having a residual tiny discomfort post exercise which I am noticing less and less with time and expect to disappear altogether. Would not hesitate to recommend Dr Warren and his team.

Written by a patient at The Lister Hospital
20th November 2019

Mr Warren was one of a few specialists I met when researching my intended abdominoplasty. He immediately understood my condition and what would be the best procedure for me. He also made me feel confident about having the surgery, having previously been very unsure. Throughout the process, and both pre and post op, Mr Warren was professional, caring and demonstrated excellent, current subject knowledge, leaving me in no doubt that I had chosen the best person for the job. I would not hesitate to see Mr Warren again should the need arise, or to recommend him to anyone else.

12th November 2019

I have seen Mr Warren for two unrelated procedures over the last year with the first extremely positive experience giving me no hesitation in asking to be referred to him when I was diagnosed with a hernia earlier this year. On both occasions it has been the level of care and ability to listen combined with an obviously expert knowledge and clear explanation of my problems that has lead to a high level of confidence in him personally. Additionally, my options have always been explained clearly and tailored to my personal circumstances along with details of any associated risks and their likelihood. Both procedures have been highly successful and I wouldn't hesitate to visit him again or recommend to his services anyone.

12th November 2019

I was recommended Mr Warren as I had been struggling after previous surgery elsewhere. From the initial consultation he got to the nub of the problem, he fully explained my options and I opted for some further surgery, but I was apprehensive due to earlier bad experiences. Everything went like clockwork, he has a great team working with him. I recovered quickly and life is getting back to normal. He's a lovely guy and I felt that he cared very much.

12th November 2019

I am so very grateful to Dr Warren for improving the quality of my life and treating my condition effectively. He was very responsive and caring.

Short link to review Mr Oliver Warren: http://iwgc.net/e6kx