Mr Oliver Warren

Oliver is a consultant general and colorectal surgeon at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital. He has an interest in colorectal cancer and inflammatory bowel disease and the techniques of minimal access surgery and enhanced recovery. Prior to becoming a consultant surgeon he undertook colorectal surgery fellowships at St. Mark's Hospital, London and the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney. He was a visiting fellow at the Cleveland Clinic, USA. Oliver is an honorary lecturer in the Centre for Patient Safety and Service Quality at Imperial College London and has written numerous scientific papers and book chapters on medical leadership, patient safety and surgical education.

21st February 2018
Written by a patient at The London Clinic

Dr Warren was referred to me by my health insurance and I didn't know him before. He immediately inspires confidence being both very friendly and highly professional. I had three procedures performed by him in the course of nine months. The first one went exactly as planned, but unfortunately I had a re-occurrence after six months and was back at his practice where he recommended a second procedure, a little heavier than the first one, but more likely to fix my problem for good. The procedure in itself went fine but my recovery was longer than anticipated. In the follow-up visit after six weeks, Dr Warren showed genuine concerns about it and was very clear and honest about the potential causes and what the next steps could be and always re-assuring. I saw him two weeks later and things had improved quite a bit in the meantime. During the second procedure he identified another issue that he fixed as best as he could given he would have needed my consent to tackle it differently. This is why I needed a very minor third procedure that went extremely well. I am now feeling totally fine and relieved that my issues are over. I have seen two GPs during that period who both told me that this was a very clean and highly professional job. Dr Warren is all a patient needs, a reassuring, friendly figure and a talented surgeon.

13th February 2018
Written by a carer at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

Mr. Warren operated on my son, having to clean up a poorly executed procedure done in the US. His surgical skills, bedside temperament and post surgical care were exceptional. I would recommend him to anyone. He is an excellent!

5th February 2018
Written by a patient at The Lister Hospital

Very clear and reassuring consultation followed by hernia surgery. Felt completely confident in and fully informed at all stages by Mr Warren, and the recommended treatment despite this being my first every surgery. Would certainly recommend.

26th January 2018
Written by a carer at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

My father was diagnosed with colon cancer.He underwent a laparoscopic hemicolectomy by Dr Warren and his team including the amazingly caring and kind Ms Heather Rohan.We couldn't have asked for a better surgeon!!!!!He took an amazing care and interest on my father's case.Such a kind,professional,always with a smile on his face type of person.My father's English is very poor but Dr Warren managed to explain everything to him in detail by going into the extend of creating drawings of his condition and his proposed surgery procedure.What an amazing,down to earth human being!!!!

28th December 2017
Written by a patient at Chelsea and Westminster Hospital

I am from Nottingham and still currently live there. In August 2016 I had a terrible experience at my local hospital which resulted in me having my large bowel removed as an emergency. Because of this I woke up with a stoma and a bag. It took me seven months to recover but I was left with a very unsightly large scar and a stomach that looked huge and out of shape. In the following months it became apparent that I would need to have my rectum removed and my stomach completely reconstructed. I refused to go back to my local hospital to have this procedure so my partner started searching for surgeons in different areas of the country. This is when she came across one of the greatest human beings to ever have walked this earth. Step forward Mr Oliver Warren. The first time I met Oliver I remember walking out of the hospital that day with a big smile on my face and my partner asked why I was smiling so much. My reply was “this man is going to help me and I trust everything he just told me in there”. I can’t imagine many if any people smile after hearing the news that they require a very lengthy complex operation like I did. But I did and I was happy and excited to get on with it. To me what separates Oliver from other Surgeons is his ability to connect with you as a human being and how he explains everything in detail but also simply to you. He fills you with some confidence and reassurance that he can carry out the procedure needed. He was born to be a Surgeon. I found Oliver to be a very humble, caring, down to earth chap who is outstanding and brilliant at his profession. He is also quite a funny chap and we had a few laughs along the way. I liked him from the first moment I met him and I grew to admire him more and more with each visit. After what had happened to me the previous year I believed that he genuinely cared and wanted to help me and put things right. I had my operation on October the 20th 2017 and it was ten and a half hours long give or take. I feel unbelievably privileged to have had Oliver and his team operate on me. The surgical skills he possess are out of this world and he should be very proud of his achievements not just with me but the hundreds/thousands that he helps on a daily basis. Personally I actually think he's the best colorectal surgeon in the world bar none. He is and always will be to me anyway. What struck me on my various visits to Chelsea and Westminster Hospital was that it was a happy hospital where everybody who worked there was proud to do so and nothing was too much trouble. I must give a special mention to two young nurses called Nicole and Georgie. Both are lovely and caring nurses who are a credit to their profession and the hospital. I hope they both go really far within the NHS because they are decent, hard working young ladies who I can't speak highly enough of. So would I recommend Mr Oliver Warren. Yes 100% and if you are lucky enough to have Oliver look after you please see it as a privilege because it really is. I certainly did. Thank you Oliver and to all of your colleagues who helped you give me my life back and have made my future so much better.

Short link to review Mr Oliver Warren: http://iwgc.net/e6kx