Professor Zoe Winters

Professor Zoe Winters is a Senior Consultant Oncoplastic Surgeon. She is an experienced, highly regarded, nationally recognised breast surgeon specialising in the diagnosis, management and treatment of breast cancer and overall quality of life. Specialist areas of work are; Breast cancer and it's biology Breast health care Oncoplastic reconstructive surgery Oncoplastic breast conserving surgery Therapeutic Mammaplasty Mastectomy Sentinel lymph node biopsy Breast pain Brast lump investigation Cancer tests Nipple discharge Family history patients Intra-Operative RadioTherapy (IORT) Breast reconstruction procedures include: Implant only (under the pectoral muscle or using an ADM) Back flap and implant Back flap tissue only (your own body tissue) Therapeutic Mammoplasty Clinical trials in breast surgery and oncology Chair of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life in Breast Reconstruction subgroup Member of the board of the International Society of Quality of Life (ISOQOL) Chief Investigator in the development of the first European patient reported questionnaire in breast reconstruction called the BRECON23

« 1 2 3 4 »

9th September 2019
Written by a carer at Kingston Hospital

My Mum had a lump on her breast that had gotten badly infected and it needed a small surgical procedure. We took her to A&E and they wasted 8 hours of our day only to send us home in the end. They referred us to the breast clinic and that's the good that came out of it as we were able to meet Dr Winters. She was extremely helpful and very understanding of the situation. My Mum was unable to move her left side due to the spread of the infection and was in extreme pain but thank you to Dr Winters she was able to have the procedure on the day. She's an amazing person and a skilled Doctor. Thank you so much.

6th September 2019
Written by a patient at The Lister Hospital

Professor Winters is someone who immediately inspires the patient with the confidence needed in this type of situation. She is to the point and certainly gives you the information you need. I felt honoured to be seen by such a highly thought of and eminent surgeon.

21st August 2019
Written by a carer at Kingston Hospital

My wife regrettably was diagnosed with stage 1 cancer of the breast ,I am writing this on behalf of my wife Christine -Professor Zoe Winters met us both at Sir William Rous unit and explained in great calming detail the procedure Christine would have to go through realising my wife was nervous she took the time to reassure Christine ,on the day of the surgery she popped in to say a quick hello in her hectic schedule and the day after when I was taking Christine home we met her in the corridor and she said hello Christine all these patients and she knew her name and told her she had organised her pain killers .Today fortunately we met Professor Zoe Winters and again in great calming detail explained the procedure and after care ,the pathology results had not come through during the appointment which was disappointing as Professor Zoe Winters had been chasing these up ,fortunately just as appointment was coming to an end she tried one more time and they had come through and all clear !!! We both cannot thank Professor Zoe Winters enough for her expertise ,kindness and care Thank you from Christine and Michael Browne

8th July 2019
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I count myself so lucky for being assigned to Professor Winters for my treatment. Right from the start she was absolutely honest with me, but at the same time as being firm and forthright she was very very caring and you could see that she had a natural empathy for how myself and my daughter who accompanied me on every stage of treatment, felt when she explained the next stage and why it was necessary. I had the added difficulty of implants which had leaked and calcified over the years which she removed at the same time as the cancer, she was the first person who I felt really understood how having these had been such a blight on my life and how I hated them and how uncomfortable they were. I originally had them done for an emotionally abusive husband and not my owN vanity, and when having mammograms Professor Winters ensured they used a special way of doing them as the pain caused by the implants was excruciating and I had avoided having scans because of this, so in essence Professor Winters did indeed save my life by insisting and organising the mammogram that found the cancer. I can’t thank her enough for her amazing care, skills and dedication to her work. The only thing that I think could be taken from my experience that other professionals who deal with ladies who have implants do not always assume there is vanity behind the reason for having them and that the pain is far worse for women when having a mammogram with calcified capsules around the implants. Thank you.

10th May 2019
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I found Professor Winter to be very professional , caring and direct. She gave me the opportunity to ask questions and listened to my comments. I would highly recommend her and have total confidence in my treatment from her.

« 1 2 3 4 »