Professor Zoe Winters

Professor Zoe Winters is a Senior Consultant Oncoplastic Surgeon. She is an experienced, highly regarded, nationally recognised breast surgeon specialising in the diagnosis, management and treatment of breast cancer and overall quality of life. Specialist areas of work are; Breast cancer and it's biology Breast health care Oncoplastic reconstructive surgery Oncoplastic breast conserving surgery Therapeutic Mammaplasty Mastectomy Sentinel lymph node biopsy Breast pain Brast lump investigation Cancer tests Nipple discharge Family history patients Intra-Operative RadioTherapy (IORT) Breast reconstruction procedures include: Implant only (under the pectoral muscle or using an ADM) Back flap and implant Back flap tissue only (your own body tissue) Therapeutic Mammoplasty Clinical trials in breast surgery and oncology Chair of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life in Breast Reconstruction subgroup Member of the board of the International Society of Quality of Life (ISOQOL) Chief Investigator in the development of the first European patient reported questionnaire in breast reconstruction called the BRECON23

8th July 2019
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I count myself so lucky for being assigned to Professor Winters for my treatment. Right from the start she was absolutely honest with me, but at the same time as being firm and forthright she was very very caring and you could see that she had a natural empathy for how myself and my daughter who accompanied me on every stage of treatment, felt when she explained the next stage and why it was necessary. I had the added difficulty of implants which had leaked and calcified over the years which she removed at the same time as the cancer, she was the first person who I felt really understood how having these had been such a blight on my life and how I hated them and how uncomfortable they were. I originally had them done for an emotionally abusive husband and not my owN vanity, and when having mammograms Professor Winters ensured they used a special way of doing them as the pain caused by the implants was excruciating and I had avoided having scans because of this, so in essence Professor Winters did indeed save my life by insisting and organising the mammogram that found the cancer. I can’t thank her enough for her amazing care, skills and dedication to her work. The only thing that I think could be taken from my experience that other professionals who deal with ladies who have implants do not always assume there is vanity behind the reason for having them and that the pain is far worse for women when having a mammogram with calcified capsules around the implants. Thank you.

10th May 2019
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I found Professor Winter to be very professional , caring and direct. She gave me the opportunity to ask questions and listened to my comments. I would highly recommend her and have total confidence in my treatment from her.

19th April 2019
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I was a pathetically nervous patient, Prof Winters and her team were wonderful, kind and very sensitive, taking time to answer my questions and put my mind at rest. We are so lucky to have this efficient breast screening facility locally and of course, the NHS, which is the best. Thank you.

17th April 2019
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

Professor Winter listened to my answers and advised me accordingly. I was reassured that there was nothing to concern me regarding the pain as I had feared secondaries. I was treated with consideration and professionalism which I much appreciated.

14th April 2019
Written by a patient at Wycombe Hospital

I was under professor Winter’s care late last year for a rare, and fortunately benign, tumour. Everything was explained to me, care was professional, honest, sensitive and very personal - I felt like a human being, even under the pressures of Nhs time allocations/number of patients to see. The level of care throughout my treatment by the entire team was superb, Professor Winters was excellent in her diagnosis, and surgery, I am now recovered, with very little cosmetic impact and feel I had the best care possible. Thoroughly recommend Professor Winters and her team. Thank you for great care. Emma

Short link to review Professor Zoe Winters: http://iwgc.net/ecjth