Professor Zoe Winters

Professor Zoe Winters is a Senior Consultant Oncoplastic Surgeon. She is an experienced, highly regarded, nationally recognised breast surgeon specialising in the diagnosis, management and treatment of breast cancer and overall quality of life. Specialist areas of work are; Breast cancer and it's biology Oncoplastic reconstructive surgery Oncoplastic breast conserving surgery Therapeutic Mammaplasty Mastectomy Sentinel lymph node biopsy Breast pain Brast lump investigation Cancer tests Nipple discharge Family history patients Intra-Operative RadioTherapy (IORT) Breast reconstruction procedures include: Implant only (under the pectoral muscle or using an ADM) Back flap and implant Back flap tissue only (your own body tissue) Therapeutic Mammoplasty Clinical trials in breast surgery and oncology Chair of the European Organisation for Research and Treatment of Cancer (EORTC) Quality of Life in Breast Reconstruction subgroup Member of the board of the International Society of Quality of Life (ISOQOL) Chief Investigator in the development of the first European patient reported questionnaire in breast reconstruction called the BRECON23

14th August 2018
Written by a patient at Queen Alexandra Hospital

I would like to thank Zoe for her very professional, caring, thorough examination and very explicit explanation of my symptoms which I presented with at Wycombe Hospital Breast Clinic today. Zoe talked to my Husband and I regarding the importance of a cancer genetic referral. This is very important to us as we lost our dear Daughter to Breast and Ovarian Cancer. She was involved with tests to see if she had the BRACCA gene, which we understand she did and her two young Daughters were checked at the time. Zoe explained how vital this is for my benefit and also the rest of my family. Zoe made me feel very much at ease. Knowledge is key. A big thank you Zoe.

4th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I don't think I have ever had such clear and easy to understand advice and instructions about my health given to me before. I left feeling very positive and she has put me on the right path and didn't rush me at all, thank you ! I saw the Professor at Hereford Hospital.

3rd June 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Bristol Hospital

Professor Zoe Winters is exactly and precisely the kind of consultant that you would want to have on your side when you discover that you have breast cancer. And that is what happened to my aunt. We have met her twice now and she is a joy. She manages to project a brilliant mix of humour and intelligence into her consultations. We felt safe in her hands and confident that her depth of knowledge and her continuing research into the subject will lead us to make informed decisions when the time comes.

3rd June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

If one has to have consultations about breast cancer, I can not think of a kinder, more helpful person to have encoiuntered. She filled me with confidence from the outset and did everything she could to make me as relaxed as possible. She was very professional, direct speaking which I respected, but made clear the available options. There is no doubt that she treated me as a person, not just as someone with cancer. She was understanding of my position, with touches of humour that helped greatly. She appeared to have all the time in the world, so there was no sense of hurry. . I also appreciated the fact that she offered to send me a research paper on the issue of age and breast cancer.

25th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Bristol Hospital

I`ve just concluded months of unsure times, but thanks to Professor Zoe Winters who listened to me at a moment of absolute tears I have ended up the lucky one. Had calcifications of the breast and had a vacuum assisted biopsy which was less evasive than what was originally planned. Her team and nurses have kept me informed at all times and have been so sympathetic towards me. I am training for a half marathon so kept asking questions about exercise. Today I ran again and feel free from all this worry at last. Huge massive thanks to Professor Zoe Winters - diolch yn fawr.

Short link to review Professor Zoe Winters: http://iwgc.net/ecjth