Prof. Bijayendra Singh

Prof Bijayendra Singh is one of the leading Upper Limb Surgeons in Kent and South East of England. He is fondly known as Bijay or BJ I qualified from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, India in 1992 and followed this up with a residency training programme in Trauma & Orthopaedics, receiving my Masters in 1995. I worked as a Lecturer for two years before coming to UK for Higher Specialist Training in South East Thames. As part of my specialist training I undertook a fellowship programme at Perth Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Centre, a well renowned centre for Sports and Orthopaedic surgery. I was awarded the Travelling Fellowship of the British Society for Surgery of Hand, which resulted in a fellowship visit to the Kleinert & Kutz Hand Institute in Louisville, Kentucky. I specialize in the management of problems related to Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand joints. I provide expert opinion in the diagnosis and management of all types of Shoulder (Rotator Cuff Tear, Impingement, Arthritis, Dislocation & Frozen Shoulder), Elbow (Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow, Arthritis, Trapped Nerve), Wrist problems (Arthritis, Ganglion, Ligament injury etc.) and Hand problems (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Triggering finger, Arthritis and Dupuytren’s contracture). I carry out key hole surgery for shoulder, elbow and wrist. I also carry out joint replacement surgery for hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder joints. I frequently lecture on both trauma and upper limb related courses at both national and international meetings. I am actively involved in upper limb research and I have over 50 publications in national & international journals and a number of book chapters. I have presented at over 120 national and international meetings. I am an examiner for medical students at GKT Medical School London and for M.Sc. (Orth) conducted by Brighton University. I teach regularly on the regional orthopaedic registrar training programme and am a regular faculty member of the F.R.C.S. (Orth) Course. I am a member of British Orthopaedic Association, British Elbow and Shoulder Society, British Society for Surgery of Hand, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow. I am the Honorary Secretary of the British Indian Orthopaedic Society. I have been awarded the ‘Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Samman’ by the NRI welfare society. In 2013, I won ‘The Best in Medical Field’ at the Annual British Indian Awards. I have been appointed as a Visiting Professor and Pathway Director for the Masters course in Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Canterbury Christchurch University. I have been awarded the Clinical Tutor titles at the Brighton & Sussex Medical School as well as Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh for my educational roles. My NHS base hospital is Medway NHS Foundation Trust. I am also available for private consultations at the Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery in Maidstone, Spire Alexandra Hospital in Walderslade, BMI Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone. My wife is a GP and have two children. I enjoy cooking with Indian cooking my speciality. I make the best Butter Chicken in the world!! I enjoy going on walks, playing badminton and spending on Mario Cart Games with my kids.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

7th February 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Initially Prof. Singh injected the area with steroid, hoping the shoulder would heal itself. After two months it was no better and an operation was next on the agenda. Prof. Singh could have offered the operation initially but he thought of me, knowing that an operation would be invasive. I had my operation in December and it could not have gone any better. A torn tendon was never going to heal itself, but I’ve recovered very well and with regular physio, I know I’m on the road to recovery. Thank you Prof. Singh for all that you have done for me.

6th February 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Professor Singh was knowledgable and very reassuring, pre and post operation. My injury is now healing very well with little or no issues

Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Prof Singh took care to explain exactly what was going to happen. He is a very gentle, quietly spoken person, who makes you feel at ease immediately.

17th January 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

I was very impressed with how quickly and smoothly I was dealt with by Professor Singh. I felt very confident that I was in safe hands and would be treated well. He was professional and courteous at every step.

Response from Prof. Bijayendra Singh

14th January 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Alexandra Hospital

Saw me early so I could race to work, which was great. Prof Singh was very friendly and approachable which gave me confidence in him operating on me.

23rd January 2019
Response from Prof. Bijayendra Singh

Thank you.

Short link to review Prof. Bijayendra Singh: http://iwgc.net/efuml