Prof. Bijayendra Singh

Prof Bijayendra Singh is one of the leading Upper Limb Surgeons in Kent and South East of England. He is fondly known as Bijay or BJ I qualified from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, India in 1992 and followed this up with a residency training programme in Trauma & Orthopaedics, receiving my Masters in 1995. I worked as a Lecturer for two years before coming to UK for Higher Specialist Training in South East Thames. As part of my specialist training I undertook a fellowship programme at Perth Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Centre, a well renowned centre for Sports and Orthopaedic surgery. I was awarded the Travelling Fellowship of the British Society for Surgery of Hand, which resulted in a fellowship visit to the Kleinert & Kutz Hand Institute in Louisville, Kentucky. I specialize in the management of problems related to Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand joints. I provide expert opinion in the diagnosis and management of all types of Shoulder (Rotator Cuff Tear, Impingement, Arthritis, Dislocation & Frozen Shoulder), Elbow (Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow, Arthritis, Trapped Nerve), Wrist problems (Arthritis, Ganglion, Ligament injury etc.) and Hand problems (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Triggering finger, Arthritis and Dupuytren’s contracture). I carry out key hole surgery for shoulder, elbow and wrist. I also carry out joint replacement surgery for hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder joints. I frequently lecture on both trauma and upper limb related courses at both national and international meetings. I am actively involved in upper limb research and I have over 50 publications in national & international journals and a number of book chapters. I have presented at over 120 national and international meetings. I am an examiner for medical students at GKT Medical School London and for M.Sc. (Orth) conducted by Brighton University. I teach regularly on the regional orthopaedic registrar training programme and am a regular faculty member of the F.R.C.S. (Orth) Course. I am a member of British Orthopaedic Association, British Elbow and Shoulder Society, British Society for Surgery of Hand, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow. I am the Honorary Secretary of the British Indian Orthopaedic Society. I have been awarded the ‘Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Samman’ by the NRI welfare society. In 2013, I won ‘The Best in Medical Field’ at the Annual British Indian Awards. I have been appointed as a Visiting Professor and Pathway Director for the Masters course in Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Canterbury Christchurch University. I have been awarded the Clinical Tutor titles at the Brighton & Sussex Medical School as well as Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh for my educational roles. My NHS base hospital is Medway NHS Foundation Trust. I am also available for private consultations at the Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery in Maidstone, Spire Alexandra Hospital in Walderslade, BMI Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone. My wife is a GP and have two children. I enjoy cooking with Indian cooking my speciality. I make the best Butter Chicken in the world!! I enjoy going on walks, playing badminton and spending on Mario Cart Games with my kids.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

He is just simply superb at what he does. He is totally focused & dedicated on patient care. Truly Outstanding! And thank you for looking after me when I was in great need.

Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

I felt very at ease with Prof Singh and trusted him totally. He is very professional in his work and I would recommend him to anyone.

Excellent all round experience

15th April 2019
Written by a carer at KIMS Hospital

Prof Singh was recommended to my wife by a close after she had fractured her upper left arm and was unhappy about the care she had received at the local NHS A&E. Prof Singh took the trouble to access her X rays and then phoned my wife to listen to her concerns, answer her questions, explain the treatment protocol and period of recovery. This was very important for my wife to hear as she was in extreme pain and this was exacerbated by worrying that she had not had the best treatment thus far. My wife then went to see Prof Singh at a private KIMS hospital where he noticed that the collar and cuff had not been positioned correctly for the type of injury she had sustained. He made adjustments to it and my wife instantly felt considerably more comfortable. Prof Singh is a truly excellent orthopaedic consultant in upper arm and shoulder injuries and my wife feels very fortunate to have received his expert care.

11th April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Alexandra Hospital

I was recently referred to Prof Singh for the second time by BUPA, and I was very pleased to know that he would be taking care of my injury. As with the last time I consulted him, he was polite, professional and retains his way of putting you at ease. He listens to questions and never makes you feel silly if you don't fully understand everything. He takes time to explain medical jargon in less confusing terms to ensure that you are fully aware of what the issue is, and all the options available to you. Always making sure that he does the best reassure you, after my consultation I am assured he is doing his best to make sure I am comfortable and my pain has been addressed before surgery can take place. I know I am in safe hands and would highly recommend Prof.Singh .

Short link to review Prof. Bijayendra Singh: http://iwgc.net/efuml