prof-bijayendra-singh

Prof. Bijayendra Singh

« 1 2 3 4 »

Written by a NHS patient at Medway Maritime Hospital
28th April 2021

You couldn’t be in more caring hands than Prof Singh. I have an underlying medical condition and also had a fractured clavicle that needed surgical intervention, he has taken his time to explain to me the pros and cons of surgery, he made it clear that he has wanted to do the right thing for me even tho it has not prob felt that to me. He has treated me with total regard and supported me whilst I am waiting for surgery by appointments and phone calls,. It’s been a horrible time to live with this medical condition and he has been totally understanding and supportive and when the time comes to have the surgery he has prepared me and I trust him fully.

3rd May 2021
Response from Prof. Bijayendra Singh

Thank you for a wonderful feedback. I always treat patient as a whole rather than an injury in isolation and plan treatments keeping in the centre of decision making.

12th April 2021

2nd April 2021

A very nice manner in difficult times . It was a pleasure to discuss my options with him going forward as he was prepared to listen and explain the alternative keyhole procedure if my condition deteriorates in the future . I left feeling happy with the decision we made together to leave things until it becomes necessary .

8th April 2021
Response from Prof. Bijayendra Singh

I beleive that its very important to involve patients in management of their problems.

1st April 2021

Prof. B Singh took the time to understand my injury and share with me the process involved in bringing me back to full health. He actively listened and spoke to me respectfully. There was a misunderstanding with the time of my post op appointment and rather than discharge me I received a phone call asking if there was any problem as to why I had not made my appointment. I was still able to see the doctor with no inconvenience to me. Patient care is exemplary throughout Kim's. As an NHS patient I feel fortunate to have been given the opportunity to access private healthcare and surgery from such an experienced medical professional. Efficient, exceptional, excellent and exemplary results following my operation. Thank you Prof. Singh and everyone @ Kim's.

8th April 2021
Response from Prof. Bijayendra Singh

Thank you for your kind words. I believe most patients are here to get proper treatment and admin errors do happen. Best wishes

Written by a NHS patient at Medway Maritime Hospital
29th March 2021

Spot on

« 1 2 3 4 »

Prof. Bijayendra Singh was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Prof Bijayendra Singh is one of the leading Upper Limb Surgeons in Kent and South East of England. He is fondly known as Bijay or BJ My practice is solely limited to management of Upper Limb Orthopaedic conditions and trauma surgery. My expertise in the field of work is recognised by my appointment as a Consultant at Medway NHS Foundation Trust, since 2009. I am available for private consultations at the Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery in Maidstone, Spire Alexandra Hospital in Walderslade. I qualified from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, India in 1992 and followed this up with a residency training programme in Trauma & Orthopaedics, receiving my Masters in 1995. I worked as a Lecturer for two years before coming to UK for Higher Specialist Training in South East Thames under leading Upper Limb surgeons. As part of my specialist training I undertook a fellowship programme • Perth Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Centre, a well renowned centre for Sports and Orthopaedic surgery. • Travelling Fellowship of the British Society for Surgery of Hand, Kleinert & Kutz Hand Institute in Louisville, Kentucky. I specialize in the management of problems related to Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand joints. I provide expert opinion in the diagnosis and management of all types of Shoulder (Rotator Cuff Tear, Impingement, Arthritis, Dislocation & Frozen Shoulder), Elbow (Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow, Arthritis, Trapped Nerve), Wrist problems (Arthritis, Ganglion, Ligament injury etc.) and Hand problems (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Triggering finger, Arthritis and Dupuytren’s contracture). I have expertise in carrying out key hole surgery for shoulder, elbow and wrist. I perform the largest number of shoulder joint replacement across the country (based on NJR) with fantastic outcomes I frequently lecture on both trauma and upper limb related courses at both national and international meetings. I am actively involved in upper limb research and I have over 100 publications in national & international journals and a number of book chapters. My research work has been presented at over 120 national and international meetings. I am an examiner for medical students at GKT Medical School London and for M.Sc. (Orth) conducted by Brighton University. I teach regularly on the regional orthopaedic registrar training programme and am a regular faculty member of the F.R.C.S. (Orth) Course. I am a member of British Orthopaedic Association, British Elbow & Shoulder Society, British Society for Surgery of Hand, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow. I am the President of the British Indian Orthopaedic Society. I have been awarded with numerous awards both from India and UK including ‘Hind Rattan Award’ in 2019, ‘Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Samman’ in 2013 and I won ‘The Best in Medical Field’ at the Annual British Indian Awards. I am a Visiting Professor & Pathway Director for the Masters course in Regenerative Medicine & Surgery at the Canterbury Christchurch University. I have been awarded the Clinical Tutor titles at the Brighton & Sussex Medical School as well as Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh for my educational roles. My wife is a GP and have two children. I enjoy cooking with Indian cooking my speciality. I make the best Butter Chicken in the world!! I enjoy going on walks, playing badminton and spending on Mario Cart Games with my kids. For more info please visit these websites: www.kentorthopaedicpractice.co.uk YouTube : UC9Wr8U2TkfrivcnH9BUM1WQ https://www.slideshare.net/bijayendrasingh

Short link to review Prof. Bijayendra Singh: http://iwgc.net/efuml