Prof. Bijayendra Singh

Prof Bijayendra Singh is one of the leading Upper Limb Surgeons in Kent and South East of England. He is fondly known as Bijay or BJ I qualified from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, India in 1992 and followed this up with a residency training programme in Trauma & Orthopaedics, receiving my Masters in 1995. I worked as a Lecturer for two years before coming to UK for Higher Specialist Training in South East Thames. As part of my specialist training I undertook a fellowship programme at Perth Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Centre, a well renowned centre for Sports and Orthopaedic surgery. I was awarded the Travelling Fellowship of the British Society for Surgery of Hand, which resulted in a fellowship visit to the Kleinert & Kutz Hand Institute in Louisville, Kentucky. I specialize in the management of problems related to Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand joints. I provide expert opinion in the diagnosis and management of all types of Shoulder (Rotator Cuff Tear, Impingement, Arthritis, Dislocation & Frozen Shoulder), Elbow (Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow, Arthritis, Trapped Nerve), Wrist problems (Arthritis, Ganglion, Ligament injury etc.) and Hand problems (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Triggering finger, Arthritis and Dupuytren’s contracture). I carry out key hole surgery for shoulder, elbow and wrist. I also carry out joint replacement surgery for hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder joints. I frequently lecture on both trauma and upper limb related courses at both national and international meetings. I am actively involved in upper limb research and I have over 50 publications in national & international journals and a number of book chapters. I have presented at over 120 national and international meetings. I am an examiner for medical students at GKT Medical School London and for M.Sc. (Orth) conducted by Brighton University. I teach regularly on the regional orthopaedic registrar training programme and am a regular faculty member of the F.R.C.S. (Orth) Course. I am a member of British Orthopaedic Association, British Elbow and Shoulder Society, British Society for Surgery of Hand, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow. I am the Honorary Secretary of the British Indian Orthopaedic Society. I have been awarded the ‘Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Samman’ by the NRI welfare society. In 2013, I won ‘The Best in Medical Field’ at the Annual British Indian Awards. I have been appointed as a Visiting Professor and Pathway Director for the Masters course in Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Canterbury Christchurch University. I have been awarded the Clinical Tutor titles at the Brighton & Sussex Medical School as well as Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh for my educational roles. My NHS base hospital is Medway NHS Foundation Trust. I am also available for private consultations at the Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery in Maidstone, Spire Alexandra Hospital in Walderslade, BMI Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone. My wife is a GP and have two children. I enjoy cooking with Indian cooking my speciality. I make the best Butter Chicken in the world!! I enjoy going on walks, playing badminton and spending on Mario Cart Games with my kids.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

5th September 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Very caring surgeon, explained the proceedure in a language that i could understand. I felt comfortable and well prepared for the operation. The follow up appointment after the operation was very well presented with any explaination on what surgery was done and why, I was also given photoes of before and after the surgery, so i could see what had been done. I would highly recommend Prof. Bijayendra Singh and Kims Hospital to anyone that needed surgery.

4th September 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Being under the care of Professor Bijayendra Singh at KIMS Hospital I felt extremely looked after and in the best possible hands. Prof B Singh explained the procedure in detail and gave me the reassurance that I was in the best care. He was very approachable and answered all the questions raised and had a fantastic outcome. I would highly recommend Professor Bijayendra Singh.

28th August 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Mr Singh has performed keyhole surgery and subsequently a full joint replacement of my right shoulder. He has a calm, reassuring manner and is clearly very knowledgeable on his subject matter. Every time I have seen him, it has been conducted in the manner of a sensible conversation with him listening to my queries and explaining everything to my satisfaction. Clearly I hope not to have to do so, but i would be happy to let him operate on me again!

3rd September 2019
Response from Prof. Bijayendra Singh

Thank you for your feedback. I always try and answer questions that patients raise and hope to be able to answer them satisfactorily

16th August 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Very happy with the care I have received from Professor Singh. He has always been approachable, friendly and very professional. He has taken time to address all my concerns and questions, leaving me feeling confident in his care. I have had a total shoulder replacement recently and will be returning again for a second shoulder replacement. I would have no hesitation in recommending Professor Singh if you are undergoing surgery in his care.

26th July 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Professor Singh was outstanding in his care of myself. Assisting me with transferring from my local NHS hospital to KIMS he ensured that he went above and beyond in his duty of care. He was warm and friendly on each interaction. Answered any questions I had for him.

Short link to review Prof. Bijayendra Singh: http://iwgc.net/efuml