Prof. Bijayendra Singh

Prof Bijayendra Singh is one of the leading Upper Limb Surgeons in Kent and South East of England. He is fondly known as Bijay or BJ I qualified from Maharaja Sayajirao University, Vadodara, India in 1992 and followed this up with a residency training programme in Trauma & Orthopaedics, receiving my Masters in 1995. I worked as a Lecturer for two years before coming to UK for Higher Specialist Training in South East Thames. As part of my specialist training I undertook a fellowship programme at Perth Orthopaedics & Sports Medicine Centre, a well renowned centre for Sports and Orthopaedic surgery. I was awarded the Travelling Fellowship of the British Society for Surgery of Hand, which resulted in a fellowship visit to the Kleinert & Kutz Hand Institute in Louisville, Kentucky. I specialize in the management of problems related to Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist and Hand joints. I provide expert opinion in the diagnosis and management of all types of Shoulder (Rotator Cuff Tear, Impingement, Arthritis, Dislocation & Frozen Shoulder), Elbow (Tennis Elbow, Golfer’s Elbow, Arthritis, Trapped Nerve), Wrist problems (Arthritis, Ganglion, Ligament injury etc.) and Hand problems (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Triggering finger, Arthritis and Dupuytren’s contracture). I carry out key hole surgery for shoulder, elbow and wrist. I also carry out joint replacement surgery for hand, wrist, elbow and shoulder joints. I frequently lecture on both trauma and upper limb related courses at both national and international meetings. I am actively involved in upper limb research and I have over 50 publications in national & international journals and a number of book chapters. I have presented at over 120 national and international meetings. I am an examiner for medical students at GKT Medical School London and for M.Sc. (Orth) conducted by Brighton University. I teach regularly on the regional orthopaedic registrar training programme and am a regular faculty member of the F.R.C.S. (Orth) Course. I am a member of British Orthopaedic Association, British Elbow and Shoulder Society, British Society for Surgery of Hand, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and The Royal College of Physicians & Surgeons Glasgow. I am the Honorary Secretary of the British Indian Orthopaedic Society. I have been awarded the ‘Mahatma Gandhi Pravasi Samman’ by the NRI welfare society. In 2013, I won ‘The Best in Medical Field’ at the Annual British Indian Awards. I have been appointed as a Visiting Professor and Pathway Director for the Masters course in Minimally Invasive Surgery at the Canterbury Christchurch University. I have been awarded the Clinical Tutor titles at the Brighton & Sussex Medical School as well as Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh for my educational roles. My NHS base hospital is Medway NHS Foundation Trust. I am also available for private consultations at the Kent Institute of Medicine & Surgery in Maidstone, Spire Alexandra Hospital in Walderslade, BMI Somerfield Hospital in Maidstone. My wife is a GP and have two children. I enjoy cooking with Indian cooking my speciality. I make the best Butter Chicken in the world!! I enjoy going on walks, playing badminton and spending on Mario Cart Games with my kids.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

13th June 2019
Written by a patient at Medway Maritime Hospital

Could not recommend any higher, very friendly and put me completely at ease, explained everything very well and carried out the procedure amazingly.

22nd May 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Prof. Singh has a quiet but very professional manner and is very reassuring. He gave me full details of my procedure and recovery verbally which was backed up by a very concise information sheet. The follow-up and final consultations were very detailed and consoling. My main concern before my procedure was the risk of a post op infection which has happened to me twice over the last forty years. Prof. Singh assured me that this wouldn't happen - and it didn't. The man is a genius!

18th May 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Prof Singh is very professional but easy to talk to, I appreciated his willingness to explain my procedures in a manner I would understand & answer all my questions.. I felt at all times that my well being was his first concern. His secretary also deserves a mention as all enquiries were dealt with in a prompt & friendly manner

16th May 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Alexandra Hospital

Very informative and curtious

15th May 2019
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

Professor Singh was recommended to me by my Physio and he came highly recommended - I was not let down as he proved to be very thorough. helpfula dn efficient. A very pleasant consultant.

Short link to review Prof. Bijayendra Singh: http://iwgc.net/efuml