medway-maritime-hospital

Medway Maritime Hospital

Windmill Road, Gillingham, Kent, England, ME7 5NY

7th September 2021

The staff on the Sunderland Day ward on 1/9/21 were exceptional. They were caring, empathetic, funny and supportive. Rosie and her team were amazing. The team I had for surgery were also second to none. They took time to explain what was going to happen and one of the anaesthesia nurses came and checked on me after as I had been upset going in. Miss Toma is the most wonderful surgeon. So informative, caring and talented. She is the ultimate professional with a wonderful bed side manner!

12th July 2021

Amazing care from Medway Hospital for my AC Joint stabilisation surgery, the entire experience was excellent, thank you!!

17th June 2021

16th June 2021

You could stop making this box mandatory and don’t ask for my self definition twice,

20th May 2021

my response to the above say everything.

30th April 2021

My wife had to attend the medddoc service after suffering for hours from lower abdomen pain..it got to that extent that the paramedics had to be called and had to administer intravenous analgesic suspecting the worse..following being streamed to meddoc at 12 am , my wife had to wait for 3 hours to be seen ..the doctors had finished their shifts and were walking out ..finally at about 3 am , my wife is called in ..in the mean time, the iv morphine has continued to cause dizziness, mild disorientation and also fortunately calmed the pain in the stomach. Upon calling my wife in , the doctor starts with abusing the patients attending the hospital , as to how inconsiderate they are for not seeing their GP but rather coming in late at night for abdomen pain..She comments on how full the hospital is when obviously meddoc had only 4 patients and seemed very empty .. further on, she squeezes her tummy to show how uncomfortable the fatty tissue around her tummy makes her and went on talking about her abdomen pain and the episode of loose tummy she had the week before. also, courteously described her family problems including her child being ill with a similar diarrhoea episode...remember , all this happened when my wife is desperate for medical help, hoping that the right people can help her , hoping medway hospital is a reliable place to be. My wife stops her politely and reminds her that she is the doctor and my wife herself is the patient who needs to do the talking ..The GP ignores the fact and goes on about herself for 30 minutes ..My wife eventually gets up from her seat , dazed and amazed with disbelief that this was happening to her after she suffered with pain for hours and waiting desperately and eagerly for some help ..She says, she surely did not expect a miracle , a scan or a specialist opinion at night , but even some assuring words and a plan of action and a follow up with the specialist clinic would suffice..But alas, the doctor did not once ask my wife of her pain and did not once even examine her .. Eventually disappointed, frustrated ,my wife rushed out of the OPD mumbling that this is the worst doctor experience she has ever had in her life ..she goes to the receptionist and is denied to see another doctor ..so it was 6 hours of precious time wasted which will serve no purpose .. The receptionist finally gave the name of the GP which I wouldn't disclose here .. To summarise, meddoc experience was horrible ..Iwe personally feel its not the place for a patient to be, the doctors invllved were inconsiderate , in experienced..I have heard of doctors who Google search symptoms in front of patients , but this doctor was on another level of incompetence.. This issue will be shared on more platforms so patients are given the respect they deserve and they are treated the right way. if a doctor is incompetent or inconsiderate , then Medway hospital should take strict actions to replace them if not shut down the service ..

4th April 2021

Dr Habeeb removed two, grapefruit size fibroids from my uterus AND gave me a hysterectomy via keyhole surgery which was incredible!!! I believe any other surgeon would have opened me up. But Dr Habeeb took the extra time and care needed (2.5 hrs) so he would not have to leave me with with a massive scar. That is how incredible he is as a surgeon. 8 weeks on and I am astonished how easy the healing was. He prepared me for what to expect and was completely wonderful. I could not recommend him more. When he called me for my follow up and told be the tumors were benign I was so happy he made my day, which was actually also my birthday, so I could not have wanted a better gift. Amazing hospital, amazing staff and care. Rosie the sister on the ward was an angel for my recovery. If you need this surgery, if you can request Dr Habeed. You will be very glad you did.

4th March 2021

Never had any problems.

19th January 2021

Given the circumstances due to the pressure everyone was visibly under at the time due to the pandemic not only was i treated with dignity and respect i felt i was being treated privately .... i was informed cancerous cells had been detected and 3 weeks later i had a hysterectomy performed by Mr Habeeb. He is excellent along with his team and the others i came into contact with in pre op xray MRI and also the after care from Karen and her team in Macmillan. Words can not describe how grateful and thankful i am to everyone there.

{{category}} working at Medway Maritime Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Medway Maritime Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4jt