mr-simon-ellis

Written by a NHS patient at KIMS Hospital
10th June 2022

At my meeting with Mr Ellis I was extremely happy how the meeting went , he informed me very clearly of what was going to happen re the upcoming operation. I found him to be extremely polite and a caring person.

Written by a NHS patient at KIMS Hospital
30th May 2022

Although Mr Ellis will not be performing my TKR due to his injury he spoke to me about my operation and filled me with confidence as I do like to worry. Mr Ellis is very engaging and talks to you as an equal which put me a ease

Written by a private patient at KIMS Hospital
27th May 2022

Having decided to have a total knee replacement, and to go down the self-pay route, Mr Simon Ellis was recommended to me. I was seen by Mr Ellis, and he greatly impressed me with his depth of knowledge, and the way he explained the whole procedure, the pros and cons of various anathesia, and the likely recovery time. It was arranged that he would perform the procedure, but unfortunately as a result of an accident, he was unable to perform the operation. Although ultimately my operation was not performed by Mr Ellis, my experience of him, leaves me in no doubt, that anyone selecting him as their surgeon, will have made an excellent choice.

Written by a private patient at Spire Alexandra Hospital
5th May 2022

Simon Ellis performed a partial knee replacement on me two weeks ago, a relative recommended him to me and I am so pleased that I decided to see him. From our very first meeting he listened to everything I had to say and then explained in layman’s language all my options. He treated me with great care and kindness and took it upon his self to personally contact my husband to let him know my operation was over. I would not hesitate to see him again in the future if needs be.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Alexandra Hospital
5th May 2022

I had a total knee replacement two weeks ago and I am very pleased. From the first appointment with Mr Ellis I was reassured by his calm, professional manner and confidence. He listened to me and gave me the confidence to go ahead with a total knee replacement. The procedure went well and Mr Ellis rang my husband to confirm m that it had been done. A very thoughtful, caring consultant. The nurses said he was kind and thoughtful to them too.

Mr Simon Ellis was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: After over 12 months of difficulties as a result of the coronavirus pandemic, the future is now bright and surgical services are returning to the new norm. Simon is able to see patients and offer surgery with safety in all three hospitals. He continues to provide the highest quality care supported by his practice team. Mr Simon Ellis is one of the South East's leading knee surgeons. He has over 20 years’ experience as a consultant based in Kent. Simon has a very simple but important mission statement "I give the same quality of care to my patients as I would want my family and friends to receive". Simon prides himself on communication. He believes that listening, explaining knee problems in understandable terms and ensuring that patients have all the information needed to make their own management decisions is essential. Simon was awarded a Certificate of Excellence for care from iWantGreatCare early in 2019. His reviews have continued to reflect the values he strives to achieve. Simon's base is KIMS Hospital in Maidstone, but he covers North Kent through the Spire Alexandra Hospital, Walderslade as well as East Kent through the One Ashford Hospital in Ashford. Simon specialises in knee sports injuries which include meniscal and ligament issues as well as the management of knee arthritis. Simon was appointed as the Medical Advisory Committee chair at the Spire Alexandra Hospital in March 2020 a role within the management team to oversee the quality of care in the hospital. Whether you are insured, self funding or referred by your general practitioner through the NHS electronic referral scheme - availability is no issue and Simon, supported by his practice management team at KMS Professionals, will ensure that your knee problem is sorted as quickly as possible. You can make an appointment to see Simon by contacting Hana, his practice manager or his team by telephone on 01622 620920 or by email simonellis@kentmedical.co.uk.

Short link to review Mr Simon Ellis: http://iwgc.net/echkw