Mr Simon Ellis

Mr Simon Ellis is one of the South East's leading knee surgeons. He has over 20 years’ experience as a consultant based in Kent. Simon has a very simple but important mission statement "I give the same quality of care to my patients as I would want my family and friends to receive". Simon prides himself on communication. He believes that listening, explaining knee problems in understandable terms and ensuring that patients have all the information needed to make their own management decisions is essential. Simon was awarded a Certificate of Excellence for care from iWantGreatCare early in 2018. His reviews have continued to refelct the values he strives to acheive. Simon's base is KIMS Hospital in Maidstone, but he covers North Kent through the Spire Alexandra Hospital, Walderslade as well as East Kent through the One Ashford Hospital in Ashford. Simon specialises in knee sports injuries which include meniscal and ligament issues as well as the management of knee arthritis. Whether you are insured, self funding or referred by your general practitioner through the NHS electronic referral scheme - availability is no issue and Simon, supported by his practice management team at KMS Professionals, will ensure that your knee problem is sorted as quickly as possible. His practice manager Victoria can be reached either by telephone on 01622 620920 or by email simonellis@kentmedical.co.uk. You can make an appointment to see Simon by contacting his team on 01622 620920

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Written by a patient at Spire Alexandra Hospital
20th November 2019

Mr Ellis took the trouble to listen to my concerns regarding the pain I was having in my left knee and assured me that the pain did not arise from the replacement knee joint and fully explained in detail the options I had regarding the pain.

20th November 2019

Dr Ellis is extremely kind and polite. He is clearly well practiced and enthusiastic about his work. I would recommend him to anyone seeking orthopaedic help in any form.

20th November 2019
Response from Mr Simon Ellis

Thank you very much for this positive feedback. It is really appreciated. With kind regards Simon Ellis

19th November 2019

Mr Simon Ellis is a very considerate, conscientious Consultant He listen to my concerns regarding having a knee replacement. I had one knee replaced 12 years ago but have other health problems these days. He listened and advised me. Every concern and problem I had during my stay was handled with care by the wonderful staff at KIMS and Mr Ellis. I would highly recommend Mr Ellis and his team to everyone. Thank you.

19th November 2019
Response from Mr Simon Ellis

Thank you very much for your review. Knowing that patients feel well looked after and confident in my care is really important to me. With kind regards Simon Ellis

18th November 2019

Mr Ellis is a total professional and ensures that his work is precise and accurate. Having had both knees replaced by him I am extremely grateful for the attention and care he has given me.

20th November 2019
Response from Mr Simon Ellis

Thank you so much for this review. Attention to detail in my opinion is of paramount importance. I am delighted you are pleased with my care. With kind regards Simon Ellis

Written by a patient at One Ashford Hospital
16th November 2019

From my first appointment with Mr Ellis he gave me the confidence to go ahead with my knee replacement operation at One Ashford. At every meeting he listened to my concerns and explained everything in understandable language. The hospital stay was made easier by the helpful friendly team who looked after me. I was able to have follow up appointments until we were both happy that I was ready to be discharged. Whilst recovery has been a long, slow process, as expected, I am now more mobile than before the operation. I was very grateful to receive frequent physio appointments which were very supportive and encouraging.

19th November 2019
Response from Mr Simon Ellis

Thank you very much for this feedback. Recovery from knee replacement is often long and slow but the benefits are generally well worthwhile in the end. I am delighted that you felt so well supported throughout your experience. With kind regards Simon Ellis

Short link to review Mr Simon Ellis: http://iwgc.net/echkw