Mr Simon Ellis

Mr Simon Ellis is one of the South East's leading knee surgeons. He has over 20 years’ experience as a consultant based in Kent. Simon has a very simple but important mission statement "I give the same quality of care to my patients as I would want my family and friends to receive". Simon prides himself on communication. He believes that listening, explaining knee problems in understandable terms and ensuring that patients have all the information needed to make their own management decisions is essential. Simon was awarded a Certificate of Excellence for care from iWantGreatCare early in 2018. His reviews have continued to refelct the values he strives to acheive. Simon's base is KIMS Hospital in Maidstone, but he covers North Kent through the Spire Alexandra Hospital, Walderslade as well as East Kent through the One Ashford Hospital in Ashford. Simon specialises in knee sports injuries which include meniscal and ligament issues as well as the management of knee arthritis. Whether you are insured, self funding or referred by your general practitioner through the NHS electronic referral scheme - availability is no issue and Simon, supported by his practice management team at KMS Professionals, will ensure that your knee problem is sorted as quickly as possible. His practice manager Victoria can be reached either by telephone on 01622 620920 or by email simonellis@kentmedical.co.uk. You can make an appointment to see Simon by contacting his team on 01622 620920

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

17th September 2019
Written by a patient at One Ashford Hospital

Simon was considerate and instructive and has the quality to put you at ease immediately, which is very comforting in matters relating to health. There was no arrogance or self importance whatsoever and I considered he gave me an honest and helpful assessment of my knee issue which was exactly what I was seeking.

16th September 2019
Written by a patient at One Ashford Hospital

Very approachable and with a caring attitude - I felt reassured and in good hands.

12th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Alexandra Hospital

He was easy to talk to and I feel he listened to us and made us feel comfortable would recommend him to anyone.

Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

From the very first appointment with Mr Ellis i was treated with courtesy, respect, concern and genuine interest as well as with real knowledge and expertise. At all stages, Mr Ellis offered me good advice about the choices I could make and the likely outcomes of each choice. Having agreed on the need for a total knee transplant, the process followed the timetable and development in exactly the way that he said it would. I have no doubts that I could not have been in better hands throughout the process than with Mr Ellis and I would like to take this opportunity to once again thank him for his help and skill - my life is already much better than it was and I now have very realistic expectations that it will continue to improve. To be in good and skilful hands during medical treatment is what all would wish for - with Mr Ellis I knew I was in great hands!!

Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

After going round the houses with a knee problem i was so relieved when first meeting Dr Ellis,he was very thorough and explained my problem in a way that i had not previously had and that is reassuring when you are attempting to explain how something feels inside your own body,he was a very nice and polite man which some doctors im afraid are sometimes not.You are also very much kept in the loop as to what and why is happening,i would whole heartedly recommend him,if you have a knee problem this is the man to see,thankyou.

11th September 2019
Response from Mr Simon Ellis

Thank you very much for this kind feedback. There is no substitute in my experience for listening and taking time to explain the issues to ensure that people understand the problem to allow us to feach the right decision moving forward. With kind regards Simon Ellis

Short link to review Mr Simon Ellis: http://iwgc.net/echkw