mr-simon-ellis

Written by a patient at One Ashford Hospital
4th July 2020

Mr Ellis has treated my knee problems over the last few years. Last year I had a knee replacement and he continues to see me whenever I have a problem. He is always so patient and understanding. I have complete faith in his knowledge and skills. He always listens to me and I feel that he knows how anxious I can become. He allays my anxiety and always comes up with a solution. Thank you Mr Ellis.

Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital
3rd July 2020

I suffered for years with arthritis pain which resulted in my lower leg being over 17 Degrees out of vertical . I was in lots of pain and walking any distance or down stairs was very difficult.Mr Ellis decided to do a total knee replacement and straighten my leg back to vertical. It is now nearly 5 months since my surgery and I am very pleased to say I am no longer in pain I am walking about 4 miles each day, I have returned to all of my hobbies.Walking up stairs is now normal coming down my knee is still a bit stiff but Mr Ellis has assured me this is usual and will return normal within the next few months. Considering due to Covid there has been no physio visits only telephone follow up, no gym, no swimming, my recovery has been remarkable. Huge thanks to Mr Ellis and his team, the outcome of my surgery is exactly as he predicted, I am most grateful. Barry Rodgers

Written by a patient at Spire Alexandra Hospital
29th June 2020

Having just had an excellent consultation with Simon Ellis today ,be it only on Zoom and not face to face I can say how impressed I am with his knowledge, politeness and how clearly he explained things throughout the meeting. he knew how my knee was just by listening to my problem and for me has made the right decision to replace my knee. I have every confidence in Simon to get my life back to normal and pain free.

30th June 2020
Response from Mr Simon Ellis

Thank you so much for your feedback. Covid 19 is really challenging for everyone but particularly in healthcare it has redtrictec the usuaL doctor- patient relationship. I have worked really hard to maximise the ability to make the right decisions for patients and I am delighted that you appreciate this. With kind regards Simon Ellis

Written by a patient at One Ashford Hospital
29th June 2020

I have seen Simon Ellis a few times now as I have had separate issues with both of my knees, he diagnosed the issues in each knee and clearly explained the options for me going forward. He explains everything very well and is clearly an expert in his field, he makes you feel totally at ease and has given me great advice. I would have no hesitation in recommending Simon and will definitely see him again for any further advice or treatment that I need with my knees.

30th June 2020
Response from Mr Simon Ellis

Thank you so much for this feedback which is really appreciated. With kind regards Simon Ellis

Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital
25th June 2020

Mr Ellis , listened to my concerns and explained matters very well . His manor was relaxed , therefore put me at ease .

26th June 2020
Response from Mr Simon Ellis

Thank you very much for leaving this feedback which is rally appreciated. Do stay safe. Kind regards Simon Ellis

Mr Simon Ellis was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: Simon wishes all his patients safe passage through this difficult time for the whole healthcare sector and patients alike. Despite the current situation he is continuing to offer advice to his patients through virtual consultation and face to face meeting only when essential, his practice team remain available to provide support. Mr Simon Ellis is one of the South East's leading knee surgeons. He has over 20 years’ experience as a consultant based in Kent. Simon has a very simple but important mission statement "I give the same quality of care to my patients as I would want my family and friends to receive". Simon prides himself on communication. He believes that listening, explaining knee problems in understandable terms and ensuring that patients have all the information needed to make their own management decisions is essential. Simon was awarded a Certificate of Excellence for care from iWantGreatCare early in 2019. His reviews have continued to reflect the values he strives to achieve. Simon's base is KIMS Hospital in Maidstone, but he covers North Kent through the Spire Alexandra Hospital, Walderslade as well as East Kent through the One Ashford Hospital in Ashford. Simon specialises in knee sports injuries which include meniscal and ligament issues as well as the management of knee arthritis. Simon was appointed as the Medical Advisory Committee chair at the Spire Alexandra Hospital in March 2020 a role within the management team to oversee the quality of care in the hospital. Whether you are insured, self funding or referred by your general practitioner through the NHS electronic referral scheme - availability is no issue and Simon, supported by his practice management team at KMS Professionals, will ensure that your knee problem is sorted as quickly as possible. You can make an appointment to see Simon by contacting Victoria, his practice manager or his team by telephone on 01622 620920 or by email simonellis@kentmedical.co.uk.

Short link to review Mr Simon Ellis: http://iwgc.net/echkw