Mr Saket Tibrewal

Mr Tibrewal completed his Higher Surgical training on the prestigious Percival Pott Orthopaedic rotation in London culminating in gaining his Fellowship to the Royal College of Surgeons in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery. He then embarked upon Fellowship training in Knee and Hip Surgery at international centres of excellence in Sydney (The Mater Hospital), Melbourne (The Royal Melbourne Hospital & Epworth Hospital) and Oxford (The Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre). He is fellowship trained in lower limb reconstruction and trauma surgery and his sub-specialty interests include primary and revision knee arthroplasty, soft tissue and arthroscopic knee surgery, knee preservation surgery and sports injuries.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at The Lewisham Hospital

My initial appointment with Mr Tibrewal was really impressive. He listened, understood and I came away feeling really reassured that he was taking the issue seriously, understanding the impact my condition was having on me. After carrying out scans we discussed all options, with his expertise and taking into account my personal experience of the condition I felt confident that we came to a conclusion together for the best course of treatment, even to the point where he gave me the option of which knee to operate on. Having sufford from this condition for over 18 years it's the first time I felt like there was a considered treatment in consultation with me. I felt mr Tibrewal clearly discussed the options and impact of the treatments available and listened to my concerns at all times Following surgery ( of which for me was a surprising outcome of longer term recovery) I had a follow up appointment with mr tibrewals consultant - this felt a little pointless as the consultant wasn't talking from experience of going inside the knee and was just looking at rough notes. It was only at the 6 weeks post op stage I could discuss properly with mr Tibrewal. As I'd also had emergency surgery on the other knee this it useful to have time to discuss and understand the impact of both surgeries. I was dissapointed not to have been able to see mr Tibrewal for both treatments, due to my location at the time of my accident this was not possible. I feel I trusted mr tibrewals recommendations much greater than other consultants at the Royal free. I have been really impressed by mr tibrewals consistent genuine care and understanding and clarity in communicating possible treatments and outcomes. I am very thankful for his time, care and expertise.

6th June 2017
Written by a patient at The Lewisham Hospital

When the doctor explained to me what he will do to my knee he made it so easy ant complicated very well explained i felt very comfortable , it's important to have a good communication with the doctor it helps a lot , you can't imagine how i apriciate his help I can't thank him I was in constant pain he changed my live I can train again and I'm thinking to comeback to compete in my sport which something I thought I will never be able to do it again !! I don't have words to thank him Many thanks doctor . Samir Morchid

28th April 2017
Written by a patient at The Lewisham Hospital

He had an easy going down to earth approach, he was kind and considerate and explained every step of the procedure. I can not make any suggestions on how he could improve, he made me feel confident and reassured he was great and I would recommend him to everyone.

28th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Lewisham Hospital

Dr Tibrewal was very thorough in assessing the extent of damage to my knee, and left no stone unturned in terms of the range of procedures that would help me regain as much use of my knee as possible. He explained the options to me very clearly, as well as any risks and consequences. I felt like I was taken good care of, and knew that I could ask for support or clarifications at any time.

17th March 2017
Written by a patient at The Lewisham Hospital

I had been waiting over a year to have my operation due to being previously cancelled at the last minute by the hospital and me having to get a new referral (no fault of Mr Tibrewal), this made me concerned about my health but also more anoxious in having to wait again. When I eventually went back to the hospital I met Mr Tibrewal for the first time and we discussed my case. He is a good listener and I was able to ask all my questions and explain my current health, Mr Tibrewal in return was very informative and was understanding of my situation. He was prepared and committed to ensure that he would do everything to ensure my knee would have the best possible outcome; during and after surgery. I know this because he was able to relieve some of my initial worries of likely getting arthritis and was able to discuss multiple options and offer the further option of repair if at all possible. He was even able to fit me in for my surgery the same week as my consultation. Upon doing my research after my initial consultation I discovered that this procedure should not be performed by all surgeons, only those who are capable and highly skilled. The surgery was successful and it was done efficiently, therefor I was able to go home two hours sooner than expected. My recovery went really well and I was able to go back to normal duties sooner than anticipated. When I went back to see Mr Tibrewal he immediately noticed me and kindly see me early (nobody like's waiting in a hospital). I did have some questions to ask but before I could ask him, he had already answered them. This was my first surgery and in summary it was a really positive experience. Mr Tibrewal is a friendly yet professional individual and highly skilled. I would highly recommend him for anyone who needs surgery, I know I can trust him and would be keen for him to do any future surgery I may need. Thanks again Saket :)

Short link to review Mr Saket Tibrewal: http://iwgc.net/egds9