Spire Wellesley Hospital

Eastern Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, England, SS2 4XH

3rd February 2020

Skilled caring and attentive staff. Good conditions with own room and en-suite. Good food selection. But even more importantly friendly staff that catered for all situations with compassion and absolute professionalism. I would not hesitate to go to this hospital for future treatment.

22nd January 2020

At Southend Spire my wife went for an 'ears pinned back operation' for protruding ears, requiring a clip to be placed in each ear. The clips on two occasions were put in place temporarily and a good result was expected when the clips were to be permanently fitted under the skin. The operation was carried out by the consultant. After the operation, the consultant in his letter to the GP stated that a good cosmetic result was not achieved, with over-compensation of the left ear. It is clear that the right ear was pinned back correctly but the left was simply bent over at the top giving a very bad cosmetic appearance. In my view the clip was placed higher than required. My wife could not leave the house due to the very poor result, depressed and embarrassed by her appearance. The clips were taken out 2 weeks later so that she could look normal again. The consultant offered that he 'could maybe try again' in re-positioning the left clip. We could not accept this offer due to the fact that you are only allowed one follow up operation in the included fixed price. Having already spent £3407 we did not want to spend a further £3000 approx. if the re-positioning also ended in failure. This would have resulted in over £6000 spent with nothing to show for it. I am now, after over 3 months, in constant communication with Spire for a refund. They have so far refused to give any sort of refund for the failed operation but basically say that we should accept that at least one ear was correctly done !! My advice is be prepared that Spire will take your money very efficiently before an operation but the consultant and Spire are entirely reluctant to give any sort of refunds when things go wrong. Also, having the clips put in place temporarily will not guarantee an acceptable result.

1st January 2020

Wellsey hospital in Southend. Booked a consult which cost £100. Initial reception were friendly. Doctor I saw was very rude and patronising. Made me feel as though I wasnt able to get the procedure done. Not friendly or accommodating at all. I left there and went to a different company in chelmsford for a FREE consultation and booked the procedure with them the same week. Would not recommend this doctor to anyone as if I had not gone to another company, my body image of myself would have been left worse than when I had entered.

21st December 2019

All positive, no complaints at all!

30th November 2019

The treatment, care and attention I received from all the medically qualified staff at all levels was superb. The catering staff and cleaners also were brilliant. The non-medical administration of the Spire hospital requires a review. The out-patients department I exempt from the following comments as they were polite, efficient and kept good time. This department was as I expected as a private patient. The main hospital reception needs closer supervision. For example: a forty minutes wait for a 10 minute appointment was caused by a failure in the booking-in system at the main desk. No apology or explanation given about the delay even after it was necessary to query that delay. That day the waiting room was noisy, busy and a number of people were very unhappy. The fact that the hospital director's office is in the immediate vicinity and yet the person in charge did not appear and witness this degree of chaos surprised me. The failure to open the hospital before 7am for patients waiting to be admitted is totally unacceptable. Apparently this situation is a well known feature of the Spire according to a number of patients I have met. The attitude of the staff in this department was well below my expectations.

28th October 2019

All the staff from the receptionists, to the nurses who cared for me when I had my gallbladder removed on 20/09/2019 were amazing. They demonstrated the upmost professionalism, competence and most importantly delivered it with compassion.

14th September 2019

My husband was treated for a really bad groin hernia by Mr Taleb Jeddy, what a wonderful , wonderful man! He is worth his weight in Gold. What a marvellous surgeon! Can't thank him enough for doing such a wonderful job! My hubby is recovering brilliantly and I would definitely recommend anyone who has a hernia to see "OUR HERO" Mr Taleb Jeddy. No words can convey how grateful we both are to him! Thank you Mr Jeddy! Love Barry and Diana Garwood

4th July 2019

Polite, professional staff. Very clean and tidy reception and consultation room. I wasn't in the hospital long however I would recommend this hospital If asked.

{{category}} working at Spire Wellesley Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Spire Wellesley Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4y4