Mr Rajesh Shah

I am currently a Consultant Orthopaedic and Spinal Surgeon at Hull and East Yorkshire NHS Trust.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

9th September 2014
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

Mr Shah recently performed spinal surgery to correct a collapsed disc & out of line spine which had been causing me excruciating back, leg & knee pain for over 12 months. He was friendly, informative, clear & honest in his assessment of my condition as well as the detail of the operation & the improvement I should expect. He has a reputation for meticulous care which was born out by the way he handled my case from the beginning & especially when it came to 'the crunch' of the actual operation which was very successful giving me an almost pain-free life again after the inevitable trauma of the procedure & after-effects had subsided. He also goes out of his way to see his patients in person prior to surgery which I found very reassuring. I would not hesitate in recommending Mr Shah to anyone needing the surgery in which he specialises.

29th May 2014
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

Mr shah was excellent at explaining every thing about my spinal op , what could and not go wrong . 8weeks in hospital 3 operations , I got an infection but mr shah would come early morning to see how I was and late evening plus other medical teams and they got me over every thing .THANKS TO MR SHAH AND TEAM I CAN NOW WALK WITHOUT FALLING. after care has been great physio comming to the house ect . If I had not taken the chance of the op I would have been in a wheel chair no doubt. So thanks to Mr shah.

15th May 2014
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

Mr Shah was understanding and listened to my concerns. He was thorough in his explanations. He has a professional and reassuring manner. He has given me confidence about coping with my condition.

11th May 2014
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

I have complete confidence in Mr Shah. He explained my condition and the procedure I needed to give me back my quality of life . He was one of the first people to come and see me when I was taken back to my room after the operation and explained to me that the operation had gone well . He visited me the following day and helped to get me out of bed and walk about. I have just been to see him for my follow up a year on , he showed me my recent x rays and explained them to me . I have nothing but praise for Mr Shah

9th May 2014
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

His explanations of the procedures were excellent and gave me confidence when I went in for the operation. I felt very much at ease and am very pleased with the result as I convalesce. The nurses were short-staffed but I have no complaints. They worked very hard.

Short link to review Mr Rajesh Shah: http://iwgc.net/eeyyh