hull-royal-infirmary
1 2 3 4 5 164,762 reviews Write a review

Hull Royal Infirmary

Anlaby Road, Hull, England, HU3 2JZ

4th January 2020

Excellent care and great staff! My elderly mother was treated with respect by very caring health professionals, her treatment was given quickly. The doctor explained thoroughly and concisely his diagnosis. I couldn’t fault the care and treatment my mother received. She has had several stays here over this past year and on each occasion she has received outstanding care. The only negative point I would like to make is the time waiting for ward beds, Which I might add has nothing to do with with the staff or my mother’s treatment. Well Done Hull Royal!!!! You all should be very proud of yourselves.

Review of A&E, written by a family member
15th November 2019

Arrived 4am by ambulance. Paramedics were going to put a cannulae which was refused - was told later that the hospital wouldn't have been able to use it (seems like a waste of effort and resource to do this in the ambulance if true). Arrived at hospital and attempt made and again refused to put in cannulae. Sat in room for 4.5 hours seen by two nurses to take blood pressure. Not seen by doctor. Attempted to discharge self but was told must wait for doctor. Doctor arrived to allow discharge but left without real treatment.

Review of Acute Medical Unit, written by a patient
26th October 2019

Reception staff are rude with no understanding of what patients going through.

19th October 2019

I was admitted on 14.10.19 for my second P.L.I.F had previous one 6 years ago all the staff on ward 4 work so hard nothing is to much trouble they put you at ease explain everything my surgeon Mr Spink is a kind gentle man who speaks to you as a equal he explains everything takes very good care of you and is a very clever gentleman. The ward was spotless the care is excellent you feel safe in control you matter to the staff the staff will have a smile and a joke yet are very professional thank you to each and everyone of you x

16th October 2019

Despite the negativity about the NHS, I've never had cause to complain. Today was no different, the nurses & doctors attended to me quickly, blood tests, ECG & x-rays were all carried out within an hour of admission. Thank you HRI and the doctors & nurses working there, you're all exceptional.

1st October 2019

This surgery can't do enough for you. Never a chore to see my young family... Regularly!!!

Review of A&E, written by a family member
30th August 2019

We came in at 1900 with our elderly mother.we were in assessment for35 mins before been transferred into acute assessment .at time of writing we have been here 7 hours. The toilet off A&E has been out of order all this time,the male toilet on level 2 is locked in a ward unit finally found a male toilet open on level one,while on the subject of level two the coffee machine there ran out of milk but continues to vend drinks( rip off!!) Also the large machine which vends food and accepts card payment also out of order!! After questioning the staff i was directed to women and children unit Fantastic found a mahine with great choice of food ohh doesn't accept cards surprise surprise!. Questions why are there no staff to bring toilets back online ,why are not all food machines card payment ,why cant canteen stay open 24 hours ,we have been here 7 hours with our mother but other than crisps and chocolate bars no proper food. Have to wonder if this was a london hospital see 24 hours in A& E would all this be resolved course not no TV cameras. To close a sheet on the wall asks " would you recommend our hospital?" Answer I would struggle...maybe my mistake was to come to a northern hospital??

1st July 2019

I was admitted to Hull Royal Infirmary Ward 4 during the night. On arrival I was met by a lovely, friendly nurse and a side room was ready for me. During my short stay (2 days) I was kept fully informed about what was happening and all staff did everything they could to make me as comfortable as possible. My room was spotlessly clean. The only part I felt could be improved was when I was taken down for an x-ray, following which I was left in the hospital corridor for some time until the porter came to take me back to my ward. Sitting in a corridor on your own and in considerable discomfort is not a pleasant experience. Everything else was brilliant and I am very grateful for the great care I received during my stay!

Review of A&E, written by a patient
30th April 2019

Arrived in A&E at approx 1700 via ambulance. Constantly being sick. Was cannulated at 1900 with a view to anti emetics being given. Doctor finally came to take history at 2023. Still no anti-sickness. No one has given any indication of what is happening or going to happen. No communication between me or any nurse/doctor etc. I am Type I diabetic. No blood test done. Very poor service in a relatively quiet department.

Review of MRI, written by a patient
9th March 2019

Staff put me at ease. Canula didnt hurt at all. Although Ive had lots of mri's this is by far the fastest. 30 mins from walking through the mri dept door. To leaving.

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at Hull Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Hull Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4c6