hull-royal-infirmary

Hull Royal Infirmary

Anlaby Road, Hull, England, HU3 2JZ

Review of Acute Medical Unit, written by a patient
26th October 2019

Reception staff are rude with no understanding of what patients going through.

19th October 2019

I was admitted on 14.10.19 for my second P.L.I.F had previous one 6 years ago all the staff on ward 4 work so hard nothing is to much trouble they put you at ease explain everything my surgeon Mr Spink is a kind gentle man who speaks to you as a equal he explains everything takes very good care of you and is a very clever gentleman. The ward was spotless the care is excellent you feel safe in control you matter to the staff the staff will have a smile and a joke yet are very professional thank you to each and everyone of you x

16th October 2019

Despite the negativity about the NHS, I've never had cause to complain. Today was no different, the nurses & doctors attended to me quickly, blood tests, ECG & x-rays were all carried out within an hour of admission. Thank you HRI and the doctors & nurses working there, you're all exceptional.

1st October 2019

This surgery can't do enough for you. Never a chore to see my young family... Regularly!!!

Review of A&E, written by a family member
30th August 2019

We came in at 1900 with our elderly mother.we were in assessment for35 mins before been transferred into acute assessment .at time of writing we have been here 7 hours. The toilet off A&E has been out of order all this time,the male toilet on level 2 is locked in a ward unit finally found a male toilet open on level one,while on the subject of level two the coffee machine there ran out of milk but continues to vend drinks( rip off!!) Also the large machine which vends food and accepts card payment also out of order!! After questioning the staff i was directed to women and children unit Fantastic found a mahine with great choice of food ohh doesn't accept cards surprise surprise!. Questions why are there no staff to bring toilets back online ,why are not all food machines card payment ,why cant canteen stay open 24 hours ,we have been here 7 hours with our mother but other than crisps and chocolate bars no proper food. Have to wonder if this was a london hospital see 24 hours in A& E would all this be resolved course not no TV cameras. To close a sheet on the wall asks " would you recommend our hospital?" Answer I would struggle...maybe my mistake was to come to a northern hospital??

1st July 2019

I was admitted to Hull Royal Infirmary Ward 4 during the night. On arrival I was met by a lovely, friendly nurse and a side room was ready for me. During my short stay (2 days) I was kept fully informed about what was happening and all staff did everything they could to make me as comfortable as possible. My room was spotlessly clean. The only part I felt could be improved was when I was taken down for an x-ray, following which I was left in the hospital corridor for some time until the porter came to take me back to my ward. Sitting in a corridor on your own and in considerable discomfort is not a pleasant experience. Everything else was brilliant and I am very grateful for the great care I received during my stay!

Review of A&E, written by a patient
30th April 2019

Arrived in A&E at approx 1700 via ambulance. Constantly being sick. Was cannulated at 1900 with a view to anti emetics being given. Doctor finally came to take history at 2023. Still no anti-sickness. No one has given any indication of what is happening or going to happen. No communication between me or any nurse/doctor etc. I am Type I diabetic. No blood test done. Very poor service in a relatively quiet department.

Review of MRI, written by a patient
9th March 2019

Staff put me at ease. Canula didnt hurt at all. Although Ive had lots of mri's this is by far the fastest. 30 mins from walking through the mri dept door. To leaving.

Review of Acute Medical Unit, written by a carer
9th March 2019

From the paramedics,Doctors,Nurses in A&E and the ward staff on the IDU I had the most caring of care Thank you. ANGELS EVERYONE OF YOU

Review of A&E, written by a family member
24th February 2019

Unbelievable how ambulance staff have to wait to handover a patient but then you are left in a cubicle where no one watches over you. 7 ambulances outside the hospital waiting to save people’s lives but unable to do their jobs because of the back log

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at Hull Royal Infirmary ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Hull Royal Infirmary: http://iwgc.net/eb4c6