mr-patrick-lusty

« 1 2 3 4 »

10th June 2022

If you are reading this review you already have a problem and are simply looking for the best surgeon to correct it. I have one simple piece of advice - don't look any further, Mr Lusty is your man, don't waste any more time simply book an appointment with him - the man is a genius. I had had a problem for a number of years which various physio's had told me with a groin issue and treated it as such. My latest physio was of the opinion that something else was wrong and in December sent me to a sports medicine specialist. After an MRI he diagnosed that I had advanced arthritis in my hip and gave me a cortisone injection. This lasted just over a month and what happened next was like my hip falling over a cliff. By the time I saw Mr Lusty for my initial consultation I was in constant pain, my sleep was non existence (if I got 20 minutes deep sleep a night per my Garmin watch that was a good night), I had a bad limp, was unable to walk any distance - I had given up walking the dogs as it was a chore note enjoyable, I was unable to play golf and was struggling to get my pants, trousers, shoes and socks on (on some occasions I had to ask my wife to do it). I had also got to the stage where the joint was beginning to lock which was unbelievably painful. When I saw Mr Lusty he had access to the MRI scans and after an examination and x-ray he advised me that I needed a total hip replacement and booked me in. The operation was due to take place on Wednesday 27 April and he suggested that I would be in hospital until the Saturday. I was taken down for the operation at 3pm on the Wednesday afternoon and was back in my room by 6.30pm. A physio came round later in the evening and got me to stand up with the aid of a zimmer frame. The physio's came round again Thursday morning and after seeing me use the zimmer frame gave me some crutches. I was able to walk to the end of the ward, down and up the stairs and back to the room. Mr Lusty came round Thursday afternoon and after an examination advised that everything was fine and I could go home. I have followed the instructions of Mr Lusty and the physio's to the letter - including sleeping flat on my back for 6 weeks, doing the exercises at least 5 times a day and getting out and walking - first with the crutches and then quickly without. I saw Mr Lusty yesterday - 9 June - being 6 weeks after my operation and he said everything was fine and signed me off. I can go back to the gym, albeit it there are limitations on what I am allowed to do, I can start driving again and basically I can get on with enjoying life again. Golf will follow in a few months but it is so long since I last played what is a couple more months. I have no pain whatsoever from my hip and between 14 May, 2022 and 8 June, 2022 I walked 100 miles - I think I have given the hip a good test. I now get between 90 and 150 minutes deep sleep every night (again the same watch recording it) am able to put my own pants, trousers socks and shoes on an am enjoying walking the dogs once again. An added bonus of all the walking whilst I have been recovering is that I have lost just over a stone. One other point to make - ignore what you see on the internet - yes like everyone else I did the google searches and was horrified by the scars that I saw. All I can say is that my incision is just under three inches and I understand it was stitched on the inside but glued on the outside. I was also pretty pain free from the moment I came round. I can't tell you how much Mr Lusty has changed my life for the better. So, as I said at the start - don't waste your time looking any further, pick up your phone and book an appointment to see Mr Lusty - I can assure you you will not be disappointed. Chris

4th June 2022

Over the last few months my left knee had deteriorated to the point when walking even a few yards out of the house left me in complete agony. I knew that the current waiting time for surgery by the NHS was at least two years. I just couldn't live like this. I was recommended to Mr Lusty, and went to see him at the end of last year. I found that Mr Lusty listened intently to my problems, and couldn't have been kinder and more reassuring, especially important to me as I am very nervous of medical procedures. But he did put everything into perspective, and gave me a completely realistic assessment of my condition. He recommended a total left knee replacement. He also advised me that because I told him my husband had recently undergone major heart surgery, it would be better to wait a couple of months rather than us both being incapacitated together. And so on March 23 I entered the Wellesley Hospital to undergo surgery. Four weeks after coming home on March 26 I was able to walk without crutches around my neighbourhood for half a mile - with very little pain. Now I can walk for at least a mile, and go up and down the stairs in the normal way! I must also add that Mr Lusty's post-operative dedication and reassurance are second to none. He went out of his way to ensure that my "getting back to normal" was going to happen, and gave me much help with exercises and other post-operative information. He went "over the top" to put me on the right road, and there is no way I could have wished for better treatment. I am eternally grateful to Mr Lusty and would recommend him to anybody.

27th May 2022

Mr Lusty explained the procedure thoroughly and professionally. I would recommend him to anyone. I Had a total hip replacement and was up walking properly after 4 weeks And now walking miles each day. I was also looked after by caring and dedicated nursing staff.

24th May 2022

Mr Lusty performed a total right hip replacement for me 6 weeks ago. From the first consultation I felt reassured and confident about the procedure. I am very happy with the outcome of the operation and it is wonderful to be pain free. I would highly recommend Mr Lusty as a skilled and caring surgeon.

15th April 2022

At my consultation, there was no hesitation by Mr. Lusty that I should have my hip replaced. After dialogue with the anaesthesiologist I opted to have an epidural and only felt a short sharp pain momentarily. Following that, Mr Lusty's team were professional, friendly and reassuring. I was given ear phones and chose my music to listen to. I was given a sedative just to make me sleepy and it was the most relaxing experience. The only thing I felt was some movement I guess when the hip was being moved. Contrary to previous reports, I didn't hear any noise, or felt any other discomfort but just enjoyed the experience. Following surgery, I had a couple cups of tea in the recovery room and was then taken back to my room where I enjoyed another cup of tea and a sandwich. The first night was uncomfortable only due to the epidural wearing off but was given pain killers. The next few nights I slept well. After having constant pain and not being able to go for walks or taking ages to put my shoes on, there is no pain and I no longer walk hunched, which I hadn't been aware of . There really isn't anything to worry about, Mr Lusty and his team are professional, reassuring and since my operation I can now enjoy being active again.

22nd April 2022
Response from Mr Patrick Lusty

Thank you so much for your detailed account of your surgery. I am sure this will reassure other people coming up for hip replacement. Best wishes Patrick Lusty

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Patrick Lusty was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Treatment information Some of the principal treatments carried out by Mr Patrick Lusty include: Hip replacement surgery Joint manipulation treatment Joint pain treatment (joint injections) Knee arthroscopy surgery Knee ligament surgery Knee replacement,Sports injury and sports medicine Professional profile I have been a consultant orthopaedic surgeon since 2007. I completed international fellowships specialising in joint replacement and sports medicine surgery. I am an expert in hip and knee surgery. I specialise in hip and knee surgery. I perform minimally invasive joint replacement surgery, revision (redo) joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee. I also practice soft tissue knee surgery such as arthroscopy (keyhole surgery), and arthroscopic anterior cruciate reconstruction surgery, and meniscal (cartilage) repair and resection. I have been running a busy consultant practice for over ten years. I have performed more than 1,500 primary joint replacements (hips and knees) and more than 200 revision joint replacements (redo hips and knees) on the national joint registry. I perform 250 knee arthroscopic procedures including anterior cruciate reconstructions a year. To ensure optimum patient outcomes I recruit my patients to the Amplitude clinical outcome system for long term follow up (http://amplitude-clinical.com/) I am orthopaedic clinical lead for the multidisciplinary team treating fracture neck of femurs in Southend University Hospital. I welcome appropriate patients wishing to refer and pay for treatment themselves without the need for a GP's letter of referral. I am available for appointments at the Spire Wellesley Hospital on Monday, Thursday morning, evening and Saturday morning.

Short link to review Mr Patrick Lusty: http://iwgc.net/eeze9