Mr Patrick Lusty

Treatment information Some of the principal treatments carried out by Mr Patrick Lusty include: Hip replacement surgery Joint manipulation treatment Joint pain treatment (joint injections) Knee arthroscopy surgery Knee ligament surgery Knee replacement,Sports injury and sports medicine Professional profile I have been a consultant orthopaedic surgeon for nine years. I completed international fellowships specialising in joint replacement and sports medicine surgery. I am an expert in hip and knee surgery. I specialise in hip and knee surgery. I perform joint replacement surgery, revision (redo) joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee. I also practice soft tissue knee surgery such as arthroscopy (keyhole surgery), and arthroscopic anterior cruciate reconstruction surgery, and meniscal (cartilage) repair and resection. I have been running a busy consultant practice for ten years. In my first seven years I performed more than 1,000 primary joint replacements (hips and knees) that are on the national joint registry and more than 150 revision joint replacements (redo hips and knees) on the national joint registry. I perform 250 knee arthroscopic procedures including anterior cruciate reconstructions. To ensure optimum patient outcomes I recruit my patients to the Amplitude clinical outcome system for long term follow up (http://amplitude-clinical.com/) I am the clinical lead for the multidisciplinary team treating fracture neck of femurs in Southend University Hospital. I welcome appropriate patients wishing to refer and pay for treatment themselves without the need for a GP's letter of referral. I am available for appointments at the Spire Wellesley Hospital on Monday, Thursday morning, evening and Saturday morning.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 »

12th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

Mr Lusty was my Knee Replacement surgeon. He was straight talking, exactly what I like. I was operated on the 23rd April 2018 and yesterday 11th June I was signed off. I would say I trust him 100% and would recommend him to anybody. It is up to me now to follow all instructions given by Mr Lusty to improve my knee the best I can, he did say if any complications arise or I am worried in any way to contact him, which of coarse I would. I would also like to add that all the staff at Spire Wellesley that looked after me after my operation were excellent, I cannot see how they can be improved on. Kevin Terry

10th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

Mr.Lusty is a wonderful and caring consultant and excellent surgeon.You could not have had any better care and treatment he worked so hard to make sure I could have my operation and explained everything .There is nothing to change with Mr.Lusty because you are getting the best care and treatment you could ask for.

6th June 2018
Response from Mr Patrick Lusty

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am very glad you are happy with your care.

5th May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

Mr Lusty was recommended by a friend who had hip replacement surgery carried out by him. Everything concerning the operation was fully explain and treatment and outcome after the operation was excellent. I would have no hesitation in recommending him to any of my acquaintances if they require surgery.

6th June 2018
Response from Mr Patrick Lusty

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this review. It is important to me that my patients understand what an operation involves. I am glad you have done well following the surgery.

20th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

Mr Lusty is a straight forward , says it how it is consultant. He was very understanding that I taught tap dancing, and encouraged me to continue with something that was very important to me . To this end he did his very best to keep my knee mobile until knee replacement was my only option. Although my operation was only 9 weeks ago my knee is improving each day and the pain is lessening daily . Through the whole process,it was always my decision on the next step .

6th June 2018
Response from Mr Patrick Lusty

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave this review. I always put my patients in control of their care. I hope you have continued to improve.

1st February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

I first saw Mr. Lusty in October 2016 with a very arthritic left hip. He went through with me all the options that were available and it was agreed between us to schedule hip replacement surgery which was undertaken in March 2017. I have nothing but praise for Mr. Lusty, he is a caring, compassionate, strait talking individual who took time to explain, in as much detail as I wanted, the procedure, the recovery & recuperation timescales, do & don’ts etc and he filled me with complete confidence that he was the right surgeon for me. The aftercare after surgery was also second to none and he and his nursing staff could not have been better. Obviously nobody wants to go through surgery but he made the process as smooth and bearable as anyone possible could. I thank him and his staff for their professionalism and understanding with particular thanks to Mr. Lusty himself. The surgery changed my life (& my wife’s) we can now walk for miles without any pain rather than hobble for a very very painful few yards!

6th June 2018
Response from Mr Patrick Lusty

Thank you very much for taking the time to write this review. I am very glad to hear you are doing well. It is wonderful that your hip replacement has been so life transforming. This is what I expect from my patients after hip replacement.

« 1 2 3 4 »