Mr Patrick Lusty

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

20th February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

Mr Lusty is a straight forward , says it how it is consultant. He was very understanding that I taught tap dancing, and encouraged me to continue with something that was very important to me . To this end he did his very best to keep my knee mobile until knee replacement was my only option. Although my operation was only 9 weeks ago my knee is improving each day and the pain is lessening daily . Through the whole process,it was always my decision on the next step .

1st February 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

I first saw Mr. Lusty in October 2016 with a very arthritic left hip. He went through with me all the options that were available and it was agreed between us to schedule hip replacement surgery which was undertaken in March 2017. I have nothing but praise for Mr. Lusty, he is a caring, compassionate, strait talking individual who took time to explain, in as much detail as I wanted, the procedure, the recovery & recuperation timescales, do & don’ts etc and he filled me with complete confidence that he was the right surgeon for me. The aftercare after surgery was also second to none and he and his nursing staff could not have been better. Obviously nobody wants to go through surgery but he made the process as smooth and bearable as anyone possible could. I thank him and his staff for their professionalism and understanding with particular thanks to Mr. Lusty himself. The surgery changed my life (& my wife’s) we can now walk for miles without any pain rather than hobble for a very very painful few yards!

23rd January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

My first appointment with Mr Patrick Lusty was back in may 2017. At 57 years of age I was struggling to walk with a fast deteriorating left hip. He was very sympathetic and understood completely how, although young to have a hip replacement , I just wanted to be mobile again and get back to getting on with my life . Mr Lusty was honest. straight to the point but at the same time diplomatic , compassionate and kind. I had the operation at the Spire Wellesley Hospital in the December and I have nothing but praise for every Nurse , Doctor and all who assisted in my care . My operation has been a great success. I haven't walked this well for a couple of years . I have recovered much quicker than I thought I would . Everybody is amazed that I have done so well , however I do believe it was just the fact that I had an incredible surgeon , great care and after-care with all follow up appointments. A big thank you to Mr Patrick Lusty . He has given me back so much . Priceless! - Kym Axtell

13th November 2017
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

Mr Lusty is very easy to talk to, he has a very pleasant and understanding personality. I can not fault the care that I have received from him. I had a complex replacement hip, and have to say some 7 weeks later, I am pain free. A very clever man who has given me every opportunity to get on with my life. Thank you so much.

11th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital

Mr Lusty was prepared to look at my situation, and identify remedial action that wouId enable me to get back to a semblance of normal activity. I have found Mr Lusty to be very understanding, and helpful in suggesting additional treatments to aid my recovery from an initial knee replacement that had to be corrected. He is very 'straight talking' with his diagnosis, and clear with the treatment that is required. He also expects the patient to help themselves (where possible) by undertaking all the necessary rehabillitation exercises/activity to ensure the best outcome following the surgery. I can only sing the praises of Mr Lusty, and would have no hesitation in recommending him to others.

Short link to review Mr Patrick Lusty: http://iwgc.net/eeze9