mr-patrick-lusty

3rd February 2020

Honest, straightforward, caring attention together with expert evaluation and recommendations. Professional surgery to the highest standard, with aftercare visits and post operation consultations. The Spire hospital provided associated care to the highest standard.

30th November 2019

Excellent service from the beginning to the end. Thank you.

21st August 2019

I received a total hip replacement on 3rd July 2019, was up and out of bed same day and home the following day. When I met Mr. Lusty I was hugely impressed by his professionalism, high energy, great focus and caring approach to the problems I was experiencing. In my opinion he is surely right at the top of this field in knowledge, patient care and surgical skills. My mobility was so poor I could see I had muscle wastage on my right side and I was housebound through pain and inability to stand up straight. I believe his wonderful, precision surgery has corrected what would have been a life limiting disability. I researched consultants before I went to see Mr. lusty and will always be grateful my good sense and good fortune took me to him. If you need this procedure or are contemplating it, this is the surgeon to go to.

28th August 2019
Response from Mr Patrick Lusty

Thank you for your kind feedback. I am lucky enough to be doing a very successful operation with the support of a great team. I am glad all has gone well. Patrick Lusty

Written by a patient at Southend Hospital
6th August 2019

Mr Lusty carried out revision of canulated screws and a total left hip replacement in March and after 5 months, I have been discharged. I fractured my hip and it was repaired with screws and after some 10 months unfortunately developed necrosis, which meant the bone had died due to lack of blood supply. I had developed leg shortening which made me walk with a bad limp, in fact most of my time was spent resting, due to the the pain I cannot stress how much this operation has improved my life, from immediately after the surgery. I had a general anaesthetic, due to the revision of the screws, but still recovered well and was discharged home on crutches. I had expected severe pain, but am delighted to say that it did not happen. I was advised Paracetamol and codeine, but did not take the latter very often. I did the Physio exercises 3 times a day and progressed to walking with 1 stick extremely quickly. I found the Paracetamol helped and the exercises became easier within a week or so. Prior to my fracture I was at the gym and doing cardiac rehab exercises. This came to a stop with the fracture, but now I am back to walking, all be it a slower pace than before, but then I am an older lady and never ran a marathon before, so that's fine. Mr Lusty, is pleasant, easy to talk to and inspires confidence. He takes the time to listen to you and makes everything sound so straight forward, he has a good sense of humour and is a very pleasant man to deal with. I have only ever heard praise of him from the ward staff. I must also mention his team, who take the time to explain everything fully after the operation. This makes the whole experience much easier.

28th August 2019
Response from Mr Patrick Lusty

Thank you for leaving this review. A fractured hip can often be fixed rather than replaced, Some repairs are at risk of avascular necrosis which unfortunately happened here. I am glad your hip is now working well and that the team all helped improve your experience.

5th August 2019

I had a right hip replacement at the Spire Wellesley hospital on the 19th June last, carried out by Mr Lusty. I was walking unaided after four weeks and signed off after 6 weeks. I have been an OAP for quite a few years so I think that thanks to Mr Lusty this was a brilliant result.

28th August 2019
Response from Mr Patrick Lusty

Thank you for taking to time to leave this review. Hip replacement is a wonderful operation when it goes well. I am glad that our team was able to help.

Mr Patrick Lusty was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2019 for delivering outstanding care.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

Treatment information Some of the principal treatments carried out by Mr Patrick Lusty include: Hip replacement surgery Joint manipulation treatment Joint pain treatment (joint injections) Knee arthroscopy surgery Knee ligament surgery Knee replacement,Sports injury and sports medicine Professional profile I have been a consultant orthopaedic surgeon since 2007. I completed international fellowships specialising in joint replacement and sports medicine surgery. I am an expert in hip and knee surgery. I specialise in hip and knee surgery. I perform minimally invasive joint replacement surgery, revision (redo) joint replacement surgery of the hip and knee. I also practice soft tissue knee surgery such as arthroscopy (keyhole surgery), and arthroscopic anterior cruciate reconstruction surgery, and meniscal (cartilage) repair and resection. I have been running a busy consultant practice for over ten years. I have performed more than 1,500 primary joint replacements (hips and knees) and more than 200 revision joint replacements (redo hips and knees) on the national joint registry. I perform 250 knee arthroscopic procedures including anterior cruciate reconstructions a year. To ensure optimum patient outcomes I recruit my patients to the Amplitude clinical outcome system for long term follow up (http://amplitude-clinical.com/) I am orthopaedic clinical lead for the multidisciplinary team treating fracture neck of femurs in Southend University Hospital. I welcome appropriate patients wishing to refer and pay for treatment themselves without the need for a GP's letter of referral. I am available for appointments at the Spire Wellesley Hospital on Monday, Thursday morning, evening and Saturday morning.

Short link to review Mr Patrick Lusty: http://iwgc.net/eeze9