mr-chatenya-chauhan

Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Written by a NHS patient at Southend Hospital
21st September 2021

First met Mr Chauhan about 3 years ago after injections in my left knee stopped treating the pain, Mr Chauhan listened to all my worries and suggested I think about surgery. I agreed and was put on the waiting list. I received a date for surgery in March 2020 this was then cancelled due to the covid lockdown and a couple of other dates were also cancelled, Mr Chauhan rang me to see how I was in early 2021,he said he would get my operation booked in as soon as it was safe. I had the surgery for a partial knee replacement on the 6th of May 2021 it was a great success and within a few weeks after the operation I had no pain or painkillers for the first time in years. Great job and and a great surgeon who cares a great deal for his patients. I would recommend Mr Chauhan to anyone with no hesitation at all. He has a good sense of humour and great stitching skills as almost months on the scare is hardly noticeable.

Written by a NHS patient at BMI Southend Private Hospital
25th July 2021

Mr Chauhan did my carpal tunnel op 2 1/2mths ago. I can honestly say my hand feels amazing and completely back to normal now. I’ve had this coming on for 10yrs and due to our friend covid, had a 2yr wait on nhs, but it was worth it. Very very happy with my surgery, treatment and aftercare. Highly recommend. Many thanks.

Written by a private patient at BMI The London Independent Hospital
3rd July 2021

Very caring, understanding and excellent Surgeon. Highly recommend. Had Knee replacement by Mr Chauhan several bad experiences elsewhere. Excellent. I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Chauhan.

Written by a NHS patient at Southend Hospital
10th May 2021

I was treated by Dr Changan as an NHS patient for carpal tunnel. He gave me confidence straight away, and the steroid injection treatment has been a great success.

Written by a NHS patient at BMI Southend Private Hospital
28th April 2021

I have been treated by Doctor Chauan, I was referred to him for treatment of my carpal tunnel syndrome. I am very happy with the treatment received and Dr Chauhan has always taken the time to thoroughly explain my treatment.

Mr Chauhan has been a consultant in trauma and orthopaedic surgery since 2002 with a focus on trauma, arthroscopic and joint replacement work mainly around the lower limb. He graduated from Dundee University & lectured in Sheffield University in Anatomy and Physiology. After completing basic surgical training there, Orthopaedic training commenced in Leeds followed by a fellowship at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham. Arthroscopy and cartilage research was undertaken at Smith and Nephew’s Research Facility in York and University College London helped to validate the early imaging of cartilage and establish an arthroscopic service in Southend-on-Sea where he was appointed as a Consultant. During the time there he has developed minimally invasive approach to anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction making it possible to use a novel approach to hamstring ligament harvesting. Research interests included developing methods of treatment for cartilage damage. Mr. Chauhan is described as a caring individual with his approach to patients and their needs using great attention to detail. These are qualities that keep patients giving the highest recommendation and are also seen in the approach to individualised teaching of Foundation, Core and Speciality Trainees as well as General Practitioner colleagues.

Short link to review Mr Chatenya Chauhan: http://iwgc.net/eeaei