Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Mr Chauhan has been a consultant in trauma and orthopaedic surgery since 2002 with a focus on trauma, arthroscopic and joint replacement work mainly around the lower limb. He graduated from Dundee University & lectured in Sheffield University in Anatomy and Physiology. After completing basic surgical training there, Orthopaedic training commenced in Leeds followed by a fellowship at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham. Arthroscopy and cartilage research was undertaken at Smith and Nephew’s Research Facility in York and University College London helped to validate the early imaging of cartilage and establish an arthroscopic service in Southend-on-Sea where he was appointed as a Consultant. During the time there he has developed minimally invasive approach to anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction making it possible to use a novel approach to hamstring ligament harvesting. Research interests included developing methods of treatment for cartilage damage. Mr. Chauhan is described as a caring individual with his approach to patients and their needs using great attention to detail. These are qualities that keep patients giving the highest recommendation and are also seen in the approach to individualised teaching of Foundation, Core and Speciality Trainees as well as General Practitioner colleagues.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

18th June 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

Mr Chauhan performed a partial knee replacement on me in March 2018.I could not have asked for a better surgeon.He was kind and caring and answered all my questions.My scar is very neat (everyone who sees it comments on that)and i have had no pain since my recovery.Would recommend him to anyone that is having surgery

7th May 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

Mr Chauhan, showed me great respect, listened, and very much in tune with his patients & understood my issues with my left knee. Arranged a replacement in a timely manner. He carried out the operation with skill and expertise leaving me with a very neat minimal scar, not much pain just soreness. I was able to bend my knee to 120 degrees within just 3 weeks. I am now 6mths post op and am able to treat the knee as a normal knee. Now waiting for my other knee to be replaced and can say I would not trust another surgeon to operate on me. Mr Chauhan showed kindness and authority within a good sense of humour, I cannot thank him enough.

21st May 2019
Response from Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Thank you, your words mean so much. The work I do in striving to get the results like your knee rewards me with a great deal of happiness. Thank you.

15th March 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

From the first appointment and throughout Dr Chauhan demonstrated professionalism, courtesy, respect, and a genuine interest in my well being all of which put me at ease and made me feel I mattered to him. Dr Chauhan is a credit to his profession and a tremendous asset to the Hospital

24th April 2019
Response from Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Thank you for your words. I am dedicated to improving the lives that I touch. I am so pleased you have felt that care and compassion.

14th March 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

I found Mr Chauhan kind, friendly and genuinely concerned about the condition of my hips and the pain they were causing. He ensured that I understood the pros and cons of the surgery he was suggesting and allowed me time to consider whether to proceed with the operation. I now have a pain free left hip and am looking forward to having my right hip replaced. I would certainly recommend Mr Chauhan to anyone needing orthopaedic surgery.

24th April 2019
Response from Mr Chatenya Chauhan

My drive in life is to better the quality of existence of those around me and I am so pleased that I have been able to change your life by dealing with your hip pain. Thank you for coming to see me.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

I found Mr Chauhan to be kind, friendly and genuinely concerned about the condition of my hips and the pain they were causing. He ensured that I understood all the pros and cons of the surgery he was suggesting and allowed me time to consider whether to proceed with the operation. I now have a pain free left hip and am looking forward to having my right hip replaced. I would readily recommend Mr Chauhan to anyone needing orthopaedic treatment.

Short link to review Mr Chatenya Chauhan: http://iwgc.net/eeaei