Mr Chatenya Chauhan

Mr Chauhan has been a consultant in trauma and orthopaedic surgery since 2002 with a focus on trauma, arthroscopic and joint replacement work mainly around the lower limb. He graduated from Dundee University & lectured in Sheffield University in Anatomy and Physiology. After completing basic surgical training there, Orthopaedic training commenced in Leeds followed by a fellowship at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital in Birmingham. Arthroscopy and cartilage research was undertaken at Smith and Nephew’s Research Facility in York and University College London helped to validate the early imaging of cartilage and establish an arthroscopic service in Southend-on-Sea where he was appointed as a Consultant. During the time there he has developed minimally invasive approach to anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction making it possible to use a novel approach to hamstring ligament harvesting. Research interests included developing methods of treatment for cartilage damage. Mr. Chauhan is described as a caring individual with his approach to patients and their needs using great attention to detail. These are qualities that keep patients giving the highest recommendation and are also seen in the approach to individualised teaching of Foundation, Core and Speciality Trainees as well as General Practitioner colleagues.

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

15th March 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

From the first appointment and throughout Dr Chauhan demonstrated professionalism, courtesy, respect, and a genuine interest in my well being all of which put me at ease and made me feel I mattered to him. Dr Chauhan is a credit to his profession and a tremendous asset to the Hospital

14th March 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

I found Mr Chauhan kind, friendly and genuinely concerned about the condition of my hips and the pain they were causing. He ensured that I understood the pros and cons of the surgery he was suggesting and allowed me time to consider whether to proceed with the operation. I now have a pain free left hip and am looking forward to having my right hip replaced. I would certainly recommend Mr Chauhan to anyone needing orthopaedic surgery.

13th March 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

I found Mr Chauhan to be kind, friendly and genuinely concerned about the condition of my hips and the pain they were causing. He ensured that I understood all the pros and cons of the surgery he was suggesting and allowed me time to consider whether to proceed with the operation. I now have a pain free left hip and am looking forward to having my right hip replaced. I would readily recommend Mr Chauhan to anyone needing orthopaedic treatment.

31st January 2019
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

Mr Chauhan this surgeon deserves a medal , he explained in great depth on the problem i had , and how he would fix the problems , always answering any questions arrissing , totally put ones mind at rest , showing he cared for his patients and always smiling , the after care after the operation was tremendous , and follow up appointments , cant say anything but praise for this great Man .

13th December 2018
Written by a patient at Southend Hospital

I had a total hip replacement and from day one I have had no pain in the hip or that leg. Itis amazing considering I was iin agony before. I found Mr Chauhan both pleasent and funny and very reassuring. I was confident he what he was doing. .

Short link to review Mr Chatenya Chauhan: http://iwgc.net/eeaei