mr-shivakumar-shankar

Mr Shivakumar Shankar

Written by a patient at Springfield Hospital
20th January 2021

A welcoming doctor explained very clearly what surgery was required for a knee damaged by an accident. Surgery date was deferred due to the pandemic, a replacement involved coming to Springfield for the one operation on a convenient date which was done. An apparently entirely successful operation has been followed up with a clear long term prognosis. Could not have been more pleased both with Doctor and the excellent service from Ramsay Health and the team of nurses working in very difficult circumstances due to the pandemic.

Written by a patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
19th January 2021

Replacing both your knees surgically is a daunting to contemplate, doubly so during an epidemic. Mr Shankar has been the perfect consultant listening to and answering my concerns, performing the surgery expertly and establishing and checking on recovery.

Written by a patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital
13th January 2021

I have just undergone a hip replacement by Mr Shankar. I am 6 weeks post op and am managing to walk without a stick indoors, still need to use the stick for longer walks outside the house. I am extremely happy with my new hip and at every consultation appointments I had with Mr Shankar he explained clearly the procedures and experience I would be going through. I would definitely recommend Mr Shankar for orthopedic surgery . I still need a replacement knee and would like Mr Shankar to preform this procedure for me in the further.

Written by a carer at King George Hospital
14th December 2020

Mr Shankar from our first appointment was wonderful .He really could see the impact of the diseased hip was having on my Mother's quality of life. She is 95 and is living with other health conditions as you can imagine so was not with out risk . Mr Shankar gave her a chance . He got in touch before and after surgery and we have been so delighted with the care from his whole team , the nurses and the COPE team . My mother intends to do you and your team proud!

14th December 2020
Response from Mr Shivakumar Shankar

Thank you very much for taking time to provide a review. We are very glad we could help your mother and even more glad she is recovering very well. She already has made herself and us proud.

Written by a patient at Queen's Hospital
1st December 2020

I would like to thank Mr. Shankar and his team for the best care I have received. I am very happy with the result of my surgery and aftercare. I definitely recommend Mr. Shankar and I would like to wish him great success in the future. Liuda

2nd December 2020
Response from Mr Shivakumar Shankar

Thank you very much for taking time to provide a review. We are very glad we could help relieve your pain and help you get back to your active life style.

I am a consultant orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in Computer navigation assisted and Robotic Hip and knee replacement. I routinely perform knee arthroscopic procedures, knee cartilage reconstruction procedures including PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection. I work as a NHS consultant at Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospital. My work is based at Queens Hospital, Romford and King George Hospital, Good Mayes. I obtained my higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the North East Thames and London Deanery on the prestigious Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) rotation. I trained in University hospitals like RNOH and the Great Ormond Street Hospital. I obtained trauma training at one of the London’s major trauma centre, the Royal London Hospital. I also obtained training in various district general hospitals in London and Essex. I am Fellowship trained. My UK fellowships were the prestigious RNOH, Stanmore lower limb arthroplasty fellowship. Armed with evidence of innovation in the form of computed assisted and robotic lower limb arthroplasty to aid provision of best outcomes for my arthroplasty patients, I completed my fellowship at The Golden Jubilee Hospital, Glasgow in computer navigation assisted hip and knee arthroplasty fellowship. To further my experience, I completed a travelling fellowship in Germany in Rummelsberg in the reputed unit of Professor Wagner with experience in anterior approach hip arthroplasty. I have clinical and academic links with the unit My additional leadership roles in my NHS hospital are Infection lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Current lead supervising and working with multidisciplinary team for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of surgical site infections in elective and trauma patients Clinical Audit Lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Currently supervise all the clinical audit projects in the department Clinical Lead for neck of femur and femur fractures management : Supervise timely management to provide best quality of patient care for these vulnerable group of patients I have published in peer review journals and presented in many international and national orthopaedic conferences.I am a reviewer of original articles in Indian journal of Orthopaedics. Further to my mandatory qualifications of MRCS, FRCSEd (Tr & Orth), I have completed my MSc (Tr &Orth) from the University College of London. I have also completed a formal Diploma in Computer assisted Orthopaedic surgery. I use computer navigated and robotic surgery, which increases the accuracy of hip and knee replacement surgery further to improve the longevity of the artificial joint. My expertise in the computer navigation technology improves the functional outcome of my hip and knee replacement patients. Areas of interest Computer navigated Total Hip Replacement; Computer navigated Total Knee Replacement; Partial (Uni-Compartmental) knee Replacement; Robotic arthroplasty surgery Knee arthroscopy (Keyhole) surgery; Knee Meniscal Repairs;PRP injections; Knee cartilage reconstruction

Short link to review Mr Shivakumar Shankar: http://iwgc.net/egfww