mr-shivakumar-shankar

Mr Shivakumar Shankar

« 1 2 3 4 »

4th May 2021

Mr Shankar, was very good at explaining what was in store for my hip replacement. He listened very well and answered all question I needed answered. When had my op done Mr Shankar even zoomed called me to check how I was and how it all went. The team at king George’s hospital were amazing and with all the new precautions in place I felt very safe due to COVID. Overall I’m very happy with Mr Shankar abs his team at queens hospital and king George’s.

18th March 2021

I have received excellent care from Mr Shivakumar Shankar and his team at Queen’s hospital, Romford, during the past 18 months. Mr Shankar repaired my broken hip with cannulated screws and I am pleased to say the bone is now fully healed and I am back to my previous level of activity. Mr Shankar has a pleasant, caring manner; he showed interest in me as a patient and explained things in a clear and professional way. I am extremely grateful for his knowledge and surgical expertise and the great job he has done on my hip. I am especially grateful that Mr Shankar works for our wonderful NHS, so enabling other people like myself to benefit from his skills. Thank you Shivakumar Shankar.

27th March 2021
Response from Mr Shivakumar Shankar

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a detailed review of your whole hospital outpatient and inpatient journey.I am very pleased your hip operation has enabled you to return to activities of daily life. I am also pleased to hear the team at Queen's Hospital have helped you through the process to your satisfaction. These kind words help make all of us continue to provide the excellent care we strive to provide to all our patients. Please continue with the exercises to achieve your functional goal. Stay safe and best wishes.

11th February 2021

A terrific Consultant very talented and kind man, truly grateful for him and the Orthapedic surgical team. Also all the nursing staff who took care of me such a credit to their profession. Thank you to all.

27th March 2021
Response from Mr Shivakumar Shankar

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review and the kind words.I am very pleased your operation is helping you to return to activities of daily life. Please continue with the exercises to achieve your functional goal. Stay safe and best wishes.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
4th February 2021

Mr Shankar was very informative of the problem and what he could to fix it, he also explained what I could expect as a result ftom the surgery. He is very attentative and is prepared to listen and answer any questions.

27th March 2021
Response from Mr Shivakumar Shankar

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a review .I am very pleased your operation has helped you. Please continue with the exercises to achieve your functional goals. Stay safe and best wishes.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
3rd February 2021

At my first appointment with Mr Shankar in November 20 I was extremely confident in the diagnosis and treatment he suggested. He was calm and reassuring about both my treatment, the outcome and the covid precautions that would be in place. My pre-op appointments were efficient, and the staff were always friendly and reassuring. On the day of the operation everything was done with the utmost efficiency and I felt very safe in the hospital. Everything was spotlessly clean. Mr Shankar spoke to me before and after the op and was very reassuring. I couldn't fault anything. I went home that night and to bed and when I got up in the night I realised that I was already able to walk better which was quite an amazing feeling My recovery has been good and the follow up physio was excellent. I have said to many people that Mr Shankar certainly 'knows his onions'. Excuse the old fashioned expression. When I saw Mr Shankar for the post op appointment I was amazed to be shown the photos of the inside of my knee and was able to follow what had been done to repair the damage. It was a very good experience and I consider myself to be extremely lucky especially during these difficult times. Thank you to all concerned.

27th March 2021
Response from Mr Shivakumar Shankar

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a detailed review of your whole hospital outpatient and inpatient journey.I am very pleased your knee operation is helping you to return to activities of daily life. I am also pleased to hear the team at Spire Hartswood Hospital have helped you through the process to your satisfaction. Please continue with the exercises to achieve your functional goal. Stay safe and best wishes.

« 1 2 3 4 »

Mr Shivakumar Shankar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a consultant orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in Computer navigation assisted and Robotic Hip and knee replacement. I routinely perform knee arthroscopic procedures, knee cartilage reconstruction procedures including PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection. I work as a NHS consultant at Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospital. My work is based at Queens Hospital, Romford and King George Hospital, Good Mayes. I obtained my higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the North East Thames and London Deanery on the prestigious Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) rotation. I trained in University hospitals like RNOH and the Great Ormond Street Hospital. I obtained trauma training at one of the London’s major trauma centre, the Royal London Hospital. I also obtained training in various district general hospitals in London and Essex. I am Fellowship trained. My UK fellowships were the prestigious RNOH, Stanmore lower limb arthroplasty fellowship. Armed with evidence of innovation in the form of computed assisted and robotic lower limb arthroplasty to aid provision of best outcomes for my arthroplasty patients, I completed my fellowship at The Golden Jubilee Hospital, Glasgow in computer navigation assisted hip and knee arthroplasty fellowship. To further my experience, I completed a travelling fellowship in Germany in Rummelsberg in the reputed unit of Professor Wagner with experience in anterior approach hip arthroplasty. I have clinical and academic links with the unit My additional leadership roles in my NHS hospital are Infection lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Current lead supervising and working with multidisciplinary team for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of surgical site infections in elective and trauma patients Clinical Audit Lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Currently supervise all the clinical audit projects in the department Clinical Lead for neck of femur and femur fractures management : Supervise timely management to provide best quality of patient care for these vulnerable group of patients I have published in peer review journals and presented in many international and national orthopaedic conferences.I am a reviewer of original articles in Indian journal of Orthopaedics. Further to my mandatory qualifications of MRCS, FRCSEd (Tr & Orth), I have completed my MSc (Tr &Orth) from the University College of London. I have also completed a formal Diploma in Computer assisted Orthopaedic surgery. I use computer navigated and robotic surgery, which increases the accuracy of hip and knee replacement surgery further to improve the longevity of the artificial joint. My expertise in the computer navigation technology improves the functional outcome of my hip and knee replacement patients. Areas of interest Computer navigated Total Hip Replacement; Computer navigated Total Knee Replacement; Partial (Uni-Compartmental) knee Replacement; Robotic arthroplasty surgery Knee arthroscopy (Keyhole) surgery; Knee Meniscal Repairs;PRP injections; Knee cartilage reconstruction

Short link to review Mr Shivakumar Shankar: http://iwgc.net/egfww