mr-shivakumar-shankar

Mr Shivakumar Shankar

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital
10th September 2021

Professional from the start, friendly and informative. Showed a good level of understanding with his subject matter, and could still have a quiet joke.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
6th September 2021

I had a left total hip replacement in April ‘21 by Mr Shankar at Spire Hartswood Hospital. I cannot fault the care I was given. Mr Shankar explained the procedure and put me totally at ease. I had spinal anaesthetic & sedation. I had no problem after the operation with no pain and was able to walk with crutches the next day. Apart from slight soreness from the wound the hip gave me no discomfort. Mr Shankar came to see me the following day and gave me advice as to what exercises to do and what not to do. I have just been to see him today and he has now discharged me saying it has been a total success and was pleased to see me walking so well without sticks. If I needed to have the other hip replaced I would not hesitate to go back to Mr Shankar for my surgery as I’ve been completely happy with my treatment.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
6th September 2021

I had total knee replacement by Mr Shankar at the Brentwood Spire on 9th July and cannot praise him, and the surgical and nursing teams at the Spire enough for their skills, courtesy and kindness.

Written by a NHS patient at Springfield Hospital
5th September 2021

A very caring consultant, made sure he explained everything fully and both he and Springfield hospital were very understanding and efficient and comfortable during my stay for a total knee replacement. Ten weeks post operation and I am able to return to playing golf and going walking with friends. Driving my car and going up and downstairs is no problem. Exercise is key, I think for recovery and I will continue exercising and walking for the next few months at least.

Written by a private patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
31st August 2021

Dr Shankar was recommended to me by my GP following several years of physio under the NHS for the arthritus in my right hip. I had a total hip replacement (self financed) undertaken by Dr Shankar at Spires Hartswood Hospital and can confirm that in all my dealings with both the hospital and Dr Shankar my treatment has been first class. All details concerning the operation were fully explained to me by Dr Shankar including any possible set backs that could occur, but thankfully did not. My operation was undertaken on 18 May 2021 as a computer navigated Metha total hip replacement and I have not looked back since then. Since the operation and my returning home to recuperate I have not had any pain or infection, the physio sessions at Hartswood were extremely helpful and I am now back to my normal routine of swimming each morning and going to the gym 5 days a week. I would thoroughly recommend Dr Shankar and all his team.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

Mr Shivakumar Shankar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a consultant orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in Computer navigation assisted and Robotic Hip and knee replacement. I routinely perform knee arthroscopic procedures, knee cartilage reconstruction procedures including PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection. I work as a NHS consultant at Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospital. My work is based at Queens Hospital, Romford and King George Hospital, Good Mayes. I obtained my higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the North East Thames and London Deanery on the prestigious Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) rotation. I trained in University hospitals like RNOH and the Great Ormond Street Hospital. I obtained trauma training at one of the London’s major trauma centre, the Royal London Hospital. I also obtained training in various district general hospitals in London and Essex. I am Fellowship trained. My UK fellowships were the prestigious RNOH, Stanmore lower limb arthroplasty fellowship. Armed with evidence of innovation in the form of computed assisted and robotic lower limb arthroplasty to aid provision of best outcomes for my arthroplasty patients, I completed my fellowship at The Golden Jubilee Hospital, Glasgow in computer navigation assisted hip and knee arthroplasty fellowship. To further my experience, I completed a travelling fellowship in Germany in Rummelsberg in the reputed unit of Professor Wagner with experience in anterior approach hip arthroplasty. I have clinical and academic links with the unit My additional leadership roles in my NHS hospital are Infection lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Current lead supervising and working with multidisciplinary team for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of surgical site infections in elective and trauma patients Clinical Audit Lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Currently supervise all the clinical audit projects in the department Clinical Lead for neck of femur and femur fractures management : Supervise timely management to provide best quality of patient care for these vulnerable group of patients I have published in peer review journals and presented in many international and national orthopaedic conferences.I am a reviewer of original articles in Indian journal of Orthopaedics. Further to my mandatory qualifications of MRCS, FRCSEd (Tr & Orth), I have completed my MSc (Tr &Orth) from the University College of London. I have also completed a formal Diploma in Computer assisted Orthopaedic surgery. I use computer navigated and robotic surgery, which increases the accuracy of hip and knee replacement surgery further to improve the longevity of the artificial joint. My expertise in the computer navigation technology improves the functional outcome of my hip and knee replacement patients. Areas of interest Computer navigated Total Hip Replacement; Computer navigated Total Knee Replacement; Partial (Uni-Compartmental) knee Replacement; Robotic arthroplasty surgery Knee arthroscopy (Keyhole) surgery; Knee Meniscal Repairs;PRP injections; Knee cartilage reconstruction

Short link to review Mr Shivakumar Shankar: http://iwgc.net/egfww