mr-shivakumar-shankar

Mr Shivakumar Shankar

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
8th June 2022

From my initial consultation through to the surgery Mr Shankar and the team at Spire Hartswood Hospital have been fantastic. The full knee replacement surgery was text book, and the actual scar which was glued together, healed perfectly. I was walking unaided within 10 days and did not experience any major knee pain. All in all, a perfect experience.

Written by a NHS patient at Queen's Hospital
24th May 2022

I found this consult listened and understood the problem’s associated to my knees and replaced my knee with care and followed up regularly. I can not thank him enough he is a credit to our NHS

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Wellesley Hospital
29th April 2022

Mr. Shankar is a very polite, professional, and skilled surgeon. Nothing was too much trouble for him and this reflects on his surgical results. He has given me a new lease of life. Thank you Mr. Shankar.

Written by a private patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
24th April 2022

A very kind man, who knew I was extremely nervous, but was very patient with me. I had a hip replacement operation and I was walking the next day. I am very pleased with how I am doing now. I will definitely go to him if I need any more operations.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Hartswood Hospital
6th April 2022

From my first consultation to my operation of a hip replacement, I found Mr Shankar professional and very approachable. The operation went exceptionally well, I came home after just two days on crutches, armed with all my medication and suggested exercises. Let’s just say that after four days I did not need the crutches and was walking unaided but most of all, I was pain free from my arthritic joint. Went for a wound check at two weeks and even the nurses could not believe it was only two weeks since my operation as I was walking perfectly …..continuing with my physio exercises to strengthen my hip, overall delighted with my outcome after a few years of extensive pain day and night! I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Shankar to anyone in need of treatment.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr Shivakumar Shankar was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

I am a consultant orthopaedic surgeon with special interest in Computer navigation assisted and Robotic Hip and knee replacement. I routinely perform knee arthroscopic procedures, knee cartilage reconstruction procedures including PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injection. I work as a NHS consultant at Barking, Havering and Redbridge Hospital. My work is based at Queens Hospital, Romford and King George Hospital, Good Mayes. I obtained my higher surgical training in Trauma and Orthopaedics on the North East Thames and London Deanery on the prestigious Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital (RNOH) rotation. I trained in University hospitals like RNOH and the Great Ormond Street Hospital. I obtained trauma training at one of the London’s major trauma centre, the Royal London Hospital. I also obtained training in various district general hospitals in London and Essex. I am Fellowship trained. My UK fellowships were the prestigious RNOH, Stanmore lower limb arthroplasty fellowship. Armed with evidence of innovation in the form of computed assisted and robotic lower limb arthroplasty to aid provision of best outcomes for my arthroplasty patients, I completed my fellowship at The Golden Jubilee Hospital, Glasgow in computer navigation assisted hip and knee arthroplasty fellowship. To further my experience, I completed a travelling fellowship in Germany in Rummelsberg in the reputed unit of Professor Wagner with experience in anterior approach hip arthroplasty. I have clinical and academic links with the unit My additional leadership roles in my NHS hospital are Infection lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Current lead supervising and working with multidisciplinary team for accurate diagnosis and effective treatment of surgical site infections in elective and trauma patients Clinical Audit Lead for Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics: Currently supervise all the clinical audit projects in the department Clinical Lead for neck of femur and femur fractures management : Supervise timely management to provide best quality of patient care for these vulnerable group of patients I have published in peer review journals and presented in many international and national orthopaedic conferences.I am a reviewer of original articles in Indian journal of Orthopaedics. Further to my mandatory qualifications of MRCS, FRCSEd (Tr & Orth), I have completed my MSc (Tr &Orth) from the University College of London. I have also completed a formal Diploma in Computer assisted Orthopaedic surgery. I use computer navigated and robotic surgery, which increases the accuracy of hip and knee replacement surgery further to improve the longevity of the artificial joint. My expertise in the computer navigation technology improves the functional outcome of my hip and knee replacement patients. Areas of interest Computer navigated Total Hip Replacement; Computer navigated Total Knee Replacement; Partial (Uni-Compartmental) knee Replacement; Robotic arthroplasty surgery Knee arthroscopy (Keyhole) surgery; Knee Meniscal Repairs;PRP injections; Knee cartilage reconstruction

Short link to review Mr Shivakumar Shankar: http://iwgc.net/egfww