Southend Hospital

Prittlewell Chase, Westcliff on Sea, Essex, England, SS0 0RY

3rd August 2018

During my treatment for breast cancer i attended Southend hospital for my chemotherapy, PICC line insertion and radiotherapy. I was treated very well by professional and friendly staff. The chemo unit was NOT the dreadful experience i thought it would be, it was excellent. Apart from the problems parking (my radiotherapy was often completed before my husband had parked the car) I cannot think of any aspect which could be improved.

27th July 2018

I have had to use Southend Hospital many times, always find the staff helpful and kind. Although extremely busy, as everywhere in NHS nowadays, I always feel well cared for.

15th July 2018

The appointments system simply does not work. No consideration given to waiting times defined in the NHS constitution. Complete lack of contact.

19th May 2018

Fantastic service and care was seen in under an hour by nurse xray and doctor , amazing care couldnt recommend highly enough

4th April 2018

Unfortunately due to an ongoing viral/brnchitas condition going on for 5 weeks I was admitted for treatment at this hospital. From A and E to the ward I could not have received better treatment even if I had gone private. This covers treatment from ambulance service, cleaners, porters, nurses and finally doctors who are all running around none stop.This is a great unique service which we should treasure. I know there are problems with it getting over crowded and hopefully this can be sorted out sooner rather than later. There are equally lots of patients who are treating staff and doctors in a really rude manner. I even had a top doctor helping to move my bags to another room for me whilst waiting for transport home. You treat people with respect and I found that they equally reciprocate especially in Eleanor Hobbs ward. Thank you.