Southend Hospital

Prittlewell Chase, Westcliff on Sea, Essex, England, SS0 0RY

19th May 2018

Fantastic service and care was seen in under an hour by nurse xray and doctor , amazing care couldnt recommend highly enough

4th April 2018

Unfortunately due to an ongoing viral/brnchitas condition going on for 5 weeks I was admitted for treatment at this hospital. From A and E to the ward I could not have received better treatment even if I had gone private. This covers treatment from ambulance service, cleaners, porters, nurses and finally doctors who are all running around none stop.This is a great unique service which we should treasure. I know there are problems with it getting over crowded and hopefully this can be sorted out sooner rather than later. There are equally lots of patients who are treating staff and doctors in a really rude manner. I even had a top doctor helping to move my bags to another room for me whilst waiting for transport home. You treat people with respect and I found that they equally reciprocate especially in Eleanor Hobbs ward. Thank you.

19th September 2017

My GP sent me to the surgical assessment unit in a hurry with a suspected inflamed appendix. The two nursing sisters and the consultant who initially dealt with me were brilliant. My appendix had burst and was contained by an abscess. I was admitted and spent five days in the hospital while they worked to reduce the infection and inflamation. I was fitted with a drain and eventually discharged. It was my first time in hospital for decades and I was so very impressed with everyone I encountered, from the surgeon Mr Wright, to the friendly cleaners and catering staff. The nurses were fantastic. Very careful and considerate. I spend time on Chalkwell ward and Stambridge ward. I think also Hockley ward, it is a bit of a blur. The staff at Southend Hospital were brilliant. Thank you.

13th June 2017

I was hospitalised 9 years ago for three months on George Foster Taylor Ward, my surgeon was the wonderful Casper Tsokodyi, with out his determination I would not be here today. During my stay I was on High Dependency and GFT Ward and was treated with professionalism, kindness and care from all staff. I will always be grateful to them all for saving my life.

12th April 2017

In the very busy environment of an eye department we expected the two stage process of initial consultation and eye drops to be separated by some time from the final detailed eye scan. The time between can be quite long so I recommend having food before your visit if possible as consuming a snack has to be outside which can break up what seems like an interminable time. The final consultation can seem a bit hurried but has to be seen in the context of there being very many others waiting to be seen. Slightly disappointed that a 3rd stage .. Treatment has to be put off for 2 weeks but there may be reasons not explained to us at the time. Glad to be able to get so much done in a day though. Thank you NHS.