Mr Paras Jethwa

I’m Paras Jethwa. I have beenConsultant General and Laparoscopic Surgeon since 2008 and am based in Surrey and Sussex. I specialise in minimally invasive surgical procedures, which are also commonly referred to as keyhole or laparoscopic operations. I have a particular interest in gallstones & gallbladders, all types of hernias and the surgical correction of reflux disease. I was one of the first surgeons in the UK to perform single site scar-less surgery for gallstones (a cholecystectomy) and strive to continually update and advance my practice. I perform keyhole surgery for gallbladder condition, hernia repairs (groin, abdominal wall and hiatus) and endoscopy. My General Surgery NHS practice is based at East Surrey Hospital and I also have private practices located at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital and Ramsay North Downs Hospital. Qualifications: I studied at St George’s Hospital Medical School and was awarded my MB BS in 1993. I trained in General surgery in Wessex and the West Midlands and received my Fellowship from the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS) in 1997. I completed my higher training in the West Midlands and was awarded a Specialist in General Surgery in 2006. I undertook a specialist year in 2007 in Western Australia learning advanced laparoscopic techniques before returning to take up my Consultant post at East Surrey Hospital. Research: I have Doctoral Thesis in Medicine (MD) from the University of Birmingham and gained a Bachelor of Science – BSc(Hons) from the University of London. I have published and presented extensively and am regularly invited to both National and International meetings to present and teach. I have a particular interest in complex hiatus hernia repair and have the largest series in the UK of mesh assisted reconstruction of recurrent and giant hiatus hernia. Personal Life: I am a keen triathlete and cyclist. I have raced in many triathlons, up to and including the Ironman, but now concentrate on cycling events where I raise money for charities such as Wateraid, SCOPE and cancer charities. I was part of the medical support for the 2012 Olympic Triathlon race. I am married to Polly and we have two children, Arabella and Sachin. Paras Jethwa

« 1 2 3 4 »

15th November 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I was referred to Mr Jethwa to have my gallbladder removed in August 2016. From the very beginning Mr Jethwa's professionalism and open nature put me at ease. He talked me through the procedure and was happy to answer all of my questions. On the day everything went according to plan - both Mr Jethwa and the anaesthetist came to see me prior to my surgery which was very reassuring. My recovery was text book and I was back at work within a week. I can't recommend Mr Jethwa highly enough - his surgical skills are excellent and his open approach is very refreshing.

11th October 2016
Written by a member of staff at East Surrey Hospital

Dedicated, utterly professional but incredibly human. A wonderful surgeon who has really raised the level of surgery at East Surrey, Spire and North Downs. His skill in surgery is borne out by the fact that he is the first choice for members of staff and their families and, his personality and abilities are very clearly seen by all those who work with him.

6th October 2016
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I couldn't speak too highly of the skills of Mr JETHWA as a surgeon. His ability to explain the procedure he was planning (fundoplication) and his kindness and ease of manner were so reassuring. After the operation, I was able to keep In touch with him whenever I wished by email and on the few times I wanted to contact him, he replied immediately. I would not hesitate to recommend him to another patient and, in fact, have already done so. The operation has resulted in my being able to eat normally again, which is a great gift.

6th October 2016
Written by a patient at North Downs Hospital

Double hernia op. Procedure fully explained in advance. On the day I was in and out of theatre within 2 hours - smooth as clockwork. Subsequently no pain, some swelling, which was expected. All gone by follow up review after 3 weeks. At this full explanation was given as to how the op had gone. Small scars from keyhole disappearing rapidly. Can't praise Mr Jethwa and his team highly enough and pre-op and post-op at North Downs first class.

29th September 2016
Written by a member of staff at East Surrey Hospital

Good man, great surgeon, well liked, trusted and respected by patients and professional colleagues. An asset to East Surrey Hospital.

« 1 2 3 4 »