Mr Simon Monkhouse

MA MBBChir PGCME FRCS Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon Mr Monkhouse was the recipient of the "Your Care Matters: improving the patient experience" award at the SASH Annual Staff Awards of Excellence 2015. This award is presented to a person whose great work is repeatedly highlighted.

5th July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I had my gallbladder removed (laparoscopic cholecystectomy) at Gatwick Spire in June’18 and I just can’t praise Mr. Monkhouse and his team enough. I found he was professional, caring and gave me all the reassurance and information I required. My operation went without any problems, my recovery has been great and my scars after only 3 weeks are barely noticeable. Mr. Monkhouse has been truly outstanding pre and post operation and I can’t thank him enough for all his help. I feel better than I have in years!

7th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

5 stars is not enough for Simon Monkhouse. I received the most outstanding care under Simon. From the second I met him I trusted him implicitly and have found my whole surgical experience amazing. He is kind, knowledgeable, friendly, caring, everything you would ever want. The after care is second to none. Before my surgery, Simon said to me that I would be treated like family, and that is exactly how I feel. Simon is always around to ask questions and so responsive. At no point did I ever feel judged or criticised. I am just over 4 weeks post gastric sleeve and already I know I made the best decision possible to have Simon do my surgery. I feel truly honored and beyond lucky to be Simons patient.

6th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I went to see Simon for a ‘second opinion’ as my Inguinal Hernia repair on the NHS had not been successful. He carefully listened to my back story and examined me: he was quietly confident that I had a different problem: a Femoral Hernia. He carefully drew a picture of the issue and how he proposed to fix it: this really set my mind at rest and gave me confidence to proceed. He organised an ultrasound scan to verify his diagnosis, which we discussed via email. The procedure went smoothly at Spire Gatwick Park. He saw me a month later to check that all had gone well, which it had. I had no side issues. He then drew another picture of what he had done and we both admired the results :) Simon is very personable and he seemed happy to have a few emails to and fro to plan the procedure and check I was happy. I would recommend him in a heartbeat for hernia repairs.

23rd May 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

The moment I met Simon Monkhouse I knew he was the doctor I would trust with my procedure of a Obera 365 Gastic Balloon. Simon fully explained the procedure and gave other options too . The support pre insertion was amazing and was invited to a group meeting. Simons team ate wonderful the day of the procedure again Simon fully explained each step and reassured me everything was going to be fine. His theatre team again -amazing ! The support since has been something I have never experienced before, absolutely wonderful. I do not think there is a better surgeon to be had. If I ever have a upper stomach issue I’ll look forward to calling upon Mr Monkhouse ! Thank You Simon !

26th February 2018
Written by a patient at East Surrey Hospital

I was referred to Simon Monkhouse in 2017 and from our first meeting felt completely reassured by his professionalism, empathy and caring approach. The condition I had was extremely miserable with constant acid reflux, heartburn and nausea and the operation I needed to have was a Hernia Repair through keyhole surgery. Everything regarding the operation was clearly explained to me. Mr Monkhouse said “ I am sure I can improve the quality of your life. “ The four hour procedure was duly carried out on 19th October and I gather it was an extremely challenging operation. I am pleased to say all went well and I now enjoy a much happier life with all previous symptoms now gone. The difference it’s made is incredible. I can,t speak highly enough of the care and attention I received from Mr Monkhouse and his entire team at East Surrey. Thank you all.

Short link to review Mr Simon Monkhouse: http://iwgc.net/eckn6