Mr Simon Monkhouse

MA MBBChir PGCME FRCS Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon Mr Monkhouse was the recipient of the "Your Care Matters: improving the patient experience" award at the SASH Annual Staff Awards of Excellence 2015. This award is presented to a person whose great work is repeatedly highlighted.

20th May 2019
Written by a patient at East Surrey Hospital

Mr Monkhouse is an absolute Hero!! Always around for advice before and after surgery. Very good at explaining procedures and answering questions!! 5* Surgeon - 110% recommended!!

20th May 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

The most amazing care I have ever received. I have been to many different hospitals and seen many drs over the years, but never have I received the quality of care that I did from Simon Monkhouse. I went in with abnormal pain after having my appendix removed 7/8 weeks prior by a different Dr at east surgery hospital. It was very un-clear as to what could be causing the pain I was feeling. I underwent many scans and tests to eliminate different possibilities. Simon was consistent and intent on finding the problem. This was all in a very short space of time. Simon was in constant contact with me throughout. Eventually it came down to have another laparoscopy to look inside to find out the problem. Simon found the problem and removed it. A brilliant DR that I would highly recommend. The care and service that I received was second to none. I honestly have no idea what I would have done if my problem was not resolved. Simon I felt took great care and time to resolve my issue and was an over all calm experience considering the situation I was in. Thank you for all you have done.

18th May 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

The simply is no better Dr than Simon Monkhouse, I had bariatric surgery with him and his team. He was so nice and supportive and I felt so reassured and comfortable. The care and aftercare have been second to none. He deserves huge recognition for the system of 360° care he has tailored. For any surgery you are in good hands with Simon Monkhouse. I cant recommend him enough.

17th April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I recently underwent a femoral hernia repair carried out by Mr Simon Monkhouse. Having experience such amzing care and professionalism, I feel compelled to highlight this in my review. During my initial consultation, Mr Monkhouse was extremely professional. He listened to my concerns and took a great deal of time to explain (in detail with impressive diagrams!) my options and possible outcomes. His warm, personable manner, put me at ease, and I left his office confident that I was in safe and very capable hands. On the day of my procedure, I was a little nervous - but Mr Monkhouse put me at ease when he visited me beforehand to explain what would be happening and asked if I had any questions. My procedure went very well, and I experienced very little pain afterwards. The whole experience surpassed my expectations. I have complete confidence in Mr Monkhouse and I wouldn't hesitate in recommending him to any one needing this type of procedure. I have recovered remarkably well and I feel very grateful to Mr Monkhouse for everything he's done.

11th April 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

We came to Mr Monkhouse after seeking private consultation. After 6 months of constant pain we felt we couldn't wait any longer for treatment. Our initial enquiry was dealt with very quickly and efficiently. We were impressed on our consultation that Mr Monkhouse had already requested previous scans and investigations. He listened to my very complex medical history with compassion and understood our anquish about being in so much pain. He explained the procedure fully using diagrams to help us understand what needed to be done. (cholecystectomy) The procedure was booked in very quickly which would give us a chance to go on our Annual family holiday with our two children. It was very reassuring to have a chat with Mr Monkhouse before and after the procedure and we felt we were in very capable and confident hands. The Aftercare I recieved was nothing like we have experienced before and all helped towards a rapid recovery. Thankyou Simon for your outstanding care and understanding at a very difficult time for us.

Short link to review Mr Simon Monkhouse: http://iwgc.net/eckn6