Mr Simon Monkhouse

MA MBBChir PGCME FRCS Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon Mr Monkhouse was the recipient of the "Your Care Matters: improving the patient experience" award at the SASH Annual Staff Awards of Excellence 2015. This award is presented to a person whose great work is repeatedly highlighted.

25th February 2018
Written by a member of staff at East Surrey Hospital

Saturday 24 February 2018, I was operated by simon monkhouse at east surrey hospitial, I am a diabetic, and I had a diabetic abbccess/cyst. mr monkhouse and his team were absoutelely fabulous.they are very kind, caring, dedecated,and most important they care.i am a staff member at east surrey,and I was very nervous about my operation, mr monkhouse, and sr nikki, really reassured me /and sr sr niki held my hand through the whole procedure. mr monkhouse and his team are so loyal,dedicated.mr monkhouse is one in a million. I cannot thank him enough. he is a wonderful surgeon. mr monkhouse thank you very very much.

22nd January 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Simon Monkhouse has effectively saved my life !!! From the first consultation he and his team have been there for me and have been very supportive. Simon did not pressure me and once I made a decision he has been fully supportive Like I said he has saved my life and now I can truly live my life the way I have always wanted to live it !!!

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Mr Monkhouse was very professional and reassuring, he did a consultation, gave me all the facts and made sure I knew the pros and cons of the surgery, he made sure I understood what the band was and what to expect afterwards. Once I had decided to go ahead he booked in the date introduced me to his team and then fitted my band, he was reassuring through out and has been approachable even 2 years after the surgery I would highly recommend Mr Monkhoouse

Written by a member of staff at East Surrey Hospital

mr simon monkhouse,is a wonderful surgeon/doctor,in the world. he is knd,caring.passionate,considerate. he is very popular. he saved my life a while ago. he was there through out my surgery.i was told if I didn't have the surgery on my abbcess.that I would become very very ill,so I contacted mr monkhouse. I had my surgery.and I healed very nicely.between mr monhouse/east surrey hospitial they both saved my life,and my dressings were changed every single day for 3 weeks.we are very honoured to have simon monkhouse, working in our hospitial. thank you very much again simon.

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Words cant describe how happier my life has been since Simon and his wonderful team took care of me. You All saved my life and everything that i am and will be i only owe it to you all! Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Short link to review Mr Simon Monkhouse: http://iwgc.net/eckn6