Mr Simon Monkhouse

MA MBBChir PGCME FRCS Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon Mr Monkhouse was the recipient of the "Your Care Matters: improving the patient experience" award at the SASH Annual Staff Awards of Excellence 2015. This award is presented to a person whose great work is repeatedly highlighted.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

11th November 2019

I have had 2 pre-operation consultations with Dr Simon Monkhouse followed by hernia surgery and a post-operation consultation. Without a doubt Simon is the best doctor/medical professional I have come across. He is very caring, calm and excellent at explaining medical problems. Having answered all my questions, I underwent hernia surgery with Simon and the surgery went perfectly. 4 weeks on I am recovering well and I can say nothing but the best things about Simon Monkhouse. Would highly recommend!

20th September 2019

Having had surgery at my local hospital I had been re admitted four times in less than two months I was discharged the fourth time with no answer as to my condition . Within 54 hours I was seen by Mr Monkhouse who examined me and told me what he suspected was wrong . He then admitted me to East Surrey, and did further tests which confirmed his diagnosis . He has been my saviour because I truly believe I would have DIED!! Without his help He listens! He has empathy and a genuine kindness and care that goes above and beyond any other surgeon I’ve ever met ! He clearly loves and is devoted to the job he does . Every hospital NEEDS a Mr Monkhouse but of course there is only one I am so incredibly blessed and lucky to have found him Simon Monkhouse!! THANKYOU for my life I wouldn’t be writing this without you

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital
31st August 2019

I was under Mr Monkhouse’s care at East Surrey but when my operation kept being delayed I opted to go privately and chose Gatwick Spire so I could remain under his care. Mr Monkhouse was professional at all times and explained the procedure in plain and simple language. He has a kind and caring manner and listened and took onboard my frustrations about the delays to my operation. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Monkhouse either within the NHS or Private domains. He is very approachable and has a friendly caring manner.

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital
18th August 2019

I felt really listened to & felt that my needs were fully appreciated & understood by the doctor. I had amazing post op care & instant replies to any queries. I think it’s great that an MDT approach is utilised to enhance patient experience. I totally trust this doctor & would recommend him to anyone. I would also go back to him if needed.

31st July 2019

Simon Monkhouse exceeds expectations in every way. His knowledge, expertise, professionalism, compassion and understanding are incomparable. Earlier this year I began to experience serious gastric symptoms. I got turned away by another hospital with no follow up after an A&E admission. Upon contacting Mr Monkhouse he arranged a consultation within 1 week and was operating on me a few days after that. Without his swift intervention my outlook would have been extremely poor. The surgery he performed was complex - Linx removal with a fundoplication. Despite this stress Mr Monkhouse was calm, hugely efficient in organising urgent surgery and extremely clear and understanding in his communication. I felt and indeed was completely safe in his care. 4 weeks on I was completely recovered with no adverse symptoms. Mr Monkhouse was in contact throughout my recovery period and having that reassurance was invaluable. I cannot recommend Simon Monkhouse highly enough.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »