Mr Simon Monkhouse

MA MBBChir PGCME FRCS Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon Mr Monkhouse was the recipient of the "Your Care Matters: improving the patient experience" award at the SASH Annual Staff Awards of Excellence 2015. This award is presented to a person whose great work is repeatedly highlighted.

23rd October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

Mr Monkhouse was very professional, made me feel very at ease and was very informative. I felt confident going into surgery knowing that he had been very clear as to what to expect. The aftercare he provided was brilliant and I would happily recommend him.

19th October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I just can't see how my recent experience of a sleeve gastrectomy could have been any better under Simon and his thoroughly professional and friendly team. You'll be in the safest of hands here. Throughly recommended.

3rd October 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I met a few surgeons before meeting Simon Monkhouse and I knew before the initial consultation was finished that he would have to be my surgeon for a gastric bypass. Simon is very passionate about his work, his knowledge is fantastic and he remains curious in seeking the best techniques for surgery. He puts patients first and his commitment to staying in touch is unheard of. I was treated with complete respect and was encouraged and supported during every step of my journey and know that this will only continue for the next 2 years and lifelong through the fantastic patient support groups. If you're thinking about upper GI or weight loss surgery, go ahead and have a consultation - you won't look back!

23rd September 2017
Written by a patient at East Surrey Hospital

If I could give Simon Monkhouse more than 5 stars I would. He is the ultimate professional, caring and very understanding. This was my third op by Simon- I think I will be getting frequent flyer points soon. He takes time to explain everything, and ensures that you understand before proceeding. Right from the first consultation, through to the aftercare his empathy and knowledge is first class. If you are unfortunate to require surgery, you couldn’t have any one better that Mr Monkhouse. Even his work companions say that he is one of the best upper GI surgeons around. What a better recommendation could you get?

9th September 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I recently had my gallbladder removed by Mr. Simon Monkhouse and I must say how very professional, but also very kind and thoughtful he was throughout the whole procedure which certainly helped ease my trepidation. The procedure (from which I recovered very quickly) was a complete success without any side affects or complications. Simon is a very personable surgeon and his 'bedside manner' and communication is the best I have experienced. I cannot thank him enough!

Short link to review Mr Simon Monkhouse: http://iwgc.net/eckn6