mr-simon-monkhouse

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital
24th March 2020

This man is hands down all about making sure the patient is cared for!! To give him a 5 out of 5 for his service I feel does not do justice for just how excellent he is. I underwent a gastric sleeve two weeks ago and can honestly say my journey was so smooth and I felt extremely looked after. If you are thinking about having any type of procedure done, You will not receive a better service than from Mr Monkhouse. Highly professional, treats patients with the upmost care.

6th March 2020

I had surgery with Mr Monkhouse earlier this year. He is kind, considerate and very caring. I have never encountered a surgeon like Mr Monkhouse in my life - exceptional inter-personal skills and excellent surgeon. He kept in touch with me after the surgery (even on his day off!) and arranged follow-up when necessary. I'm very impressed with this surgeon both personally and professionally. 5 stars aren't enough!

23rd February 2020

Mr Monkhouse has been an outstanding consultant for me during a recent diagnosis. Can’t quite express how supportive he has been. He has gone above and beyond in terms of clinical and emotional support. I couldn’t recommend him more highly. Myself and my family will be forever grateful to him.

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital
14th February 2020

I saw Mr Monkhouse about continuing pain following removal of my appendix. He is kind and caring and took the time to listen carefully to my concerns. He is very approachable and I was able to contact him easily for advice with any worries I had during my treatment. He has genuine concern for his patients and I am extremely happy with the care that I received. My experience from start to finish has been excellent and I cannot recommend him highly enough.

27th January 2020

From the first consultation Mr Monkhouse treated me with a very caring and re-assuring approach. This was continued through my procedure and during my time in the Hospital under his expert care. Even during my recovery I was contacted daily by Mr Monkhouse himself to check that I was recovering well and had no concerns. First class service from a first class Surgeon. 5 stars from this happy and now very well patient. Dave Lapsley

Mr Simon Monkhouse was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

MA MBBChir PGCME FRCS Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon Mr Monkhouse was the recipient of the "Your Care Matters: improving the patient experience" award at the SASH Annual Staff Awards of Excellence 2015. This award is presented to a person whose great work is repeatedly highlighted.

Short link to review Mr Simon Monkhouse: http://iwgc.net/eckn6