Mr Simon Monkhouse

MA MBBChir PGCME FRCS Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon Mr Monkhouse was the recipient of the "Your Care Matters: improving the patient experience" award at the SASH Annual Staff Awards of Excellence 2015. This award is presented to a person whose great work is repeatedly highlighted.

5th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I can’t recommend enough , Mr Monkhouse and his team genuinely care about their patients, I wish I did it sooner , I had a bypass in jan 2018 , Iv lost 8 stone in eight months , have never looked back and I love the personal service I received through them being independent and not part of a large conglomerate.

7th August 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I recently had the privalige to meet Simon Monkhouse. After many months of terrible pain from a pervious private surgery with a different doctor at a different hospital - my daughter found me Simon Monkhouse. I feel more than blessed to have gone to speak with him about all my troubles I was having from my band port issues. Simon is a very good listener and explained all my options in a very professional manor - I felt very relaxed throughout our meeting and he gave me time to go away and think of what was best for me and explained in full detail followed by a little diagram on the best way forward. I have used Two previous Sugeons and had surgery in Birmingham and Hove and nothing can compare to the 5* treatment Simon Monkhouse and his team at Gatwick Park Hospital gave me. The rooms at the hospital are immaculate and the staff are the best treatment one could wish for, truly professional, friendly and nothing ever seems to much trouble. Simon Monkhouse not only helped me get back out of the severe pain I had been in for over 6 months, he treats you like your family. Checking up to make sure your ok, asking if any issues. He even seen me at the hospital on a Sunday ( on his own time) when I was worried about something. I don't believe there is a more professional, kind Baratic Surgeon. My experience has gave me my health back, life back and even my sanity after previous bad experiences - I wish I had met Simon and his team 5 years ago. I cannot thank Simon and the whole team for looking after me with such TLC If anyone every comes across the same issues I did I would be happy for Simon to pass on my details so I can tell you my experience and how the team at Gatwick Park and of course Mr Monkhouse fixed me and I will never look back. I'm one very happy healthy customers thanks to Simon. Forever Grateful Alison

4th August 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

The treatment my mother received from Mr.Monkhouse was amazing. He was kind and considerate, he explained everything for us and never made us feel rushed. He always responded to our queries promptly and provided a top class service the whole way along. Ultimately though- he resolved my mother’s ongoing problems in a successful surgery and has given her a quality of life back after many months in agony. I would thoroughly recommend him to anyone considering bariatric surgery or corrective surgery. The Gatwick park hospital staff/nurses are lovely and very attentive. I felt very comfortable leaving my mother for the night knowing she was in good hands. Mr.Monkhouse called me straight after surgery to explain what had gone on in surgery, and that my mother was ok- this was greatly appriciated as it’s always a worry for any over weight patient to have a GA. Good luck to anyone considering surgery and their loved ones!

5th July 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

I had my gallbladder removed (laparoscopic cholecystectomy) at Gatwick Spire in June’18 and I just can’t praise Mr. Monkhouse and his team enough. I found he was professional, caring and gave me all the reassurance and information I required. My operation went without any problems, my recovery has been great and my scars after only 3 weeks are barely noticeable. Mr. Monkhouse has been truly outstanding pre and post operation and I can’t thank him enough for all his help. I feel better than I have in years!

7th June 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital

5 stars is not enough for Simon Monkhouse. I received the most outstanding care under Simon. From the second I met him I trusted him implicitly and have found my whole surgical experience amazing. He is kind, knowledgeable, friendly, caring, everything you would ever want. The after care is second to none. Before my surgery, Simon said to me that I would be treated like family, and that is exactly how I feel. Simon is always around to ask questions and so responsive. At no point did I ever feel judged or criticised. I am just over 4 weeks post gastric sleeve and already I know I made the best decision possible to have Simon do my surgery. I feel truly honored and beyond lucky to be Simons patient.

Short link to review Mr Simon Monkhouse: http://iwgc.net/eckn6