mr-simon-monkhouse

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital
22nd December 2020

Mr Monkhouse removed my galll bladder at Spire Gatwick Park hospital in December 2020 From the outset of the first virtual appointment with Mr Monkhouse I found his quiet confidence very reassuring. He put me at ease, was familiar with the background information, listened to my personal account carefully and then outlined the way forward. His expectation of what needed doing was clear and he explained gave a balanced view of benefits and risks of surgery. He was very considerate of my needs regarding the timing of the surgery and at all times came across as a kind and caring person, concerned about the whole person, not just the surgery and with a quiet confidence in his ability to do a good job. I was justifiably confident in his ability as a surgeon and the healing process has gone very well. As well as following up in hospital, he emailed me twice at home to make sure my recovery was going well and was happy for me to contact him should I need to. There was a scheduled Zoom meeting twelve days later to check on my progress. I would feel fully justified in recommending him to anyone needing a surgeon in his area of expertise. C. M.

Written by a carer at East Surrey Hospital
16th November 2020

I would just like to say a huge thank you to you Mr Monkhouse. You have delivered the most amazing care and help to my partner Darren over the past 15 weeks of him being poorly. I know he wasn’t an easy case for anyone to try and tackle haha. The care you have given him and the time taken out of your day to check on him, asking your team and the constant communication between everyone has been amazing. Please continue to deliver the great care and compassion you give as honestly not only do your patients really appreciate it but also their families too! Thank you so so much again for absolutely everything and also your fantastic team who you have beside you, they have been nothing short of amazing also. Kind Regards Jodie

Written by a carer at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital
24th October 2020

My partner has just recently had a gastric bypass, I was naturally very cautious about the procedure so I thoroughly researched to ensure she was getting the best treatment possible. All sources point to Dr. Monkhouse who had outstanding reviews and mentions over the internet. We were not disappointed, right from the consultation he was surprisingly honest, supportive and professional. Both him and his team have been fantastic throughout the entire journey. My partner is now about 2 weeks out of surgery and you would not even realise it, she just has trapped gas in a part of her stomach which was operated on (that will pass!) which causes her minor discomfort occasionally but aside this she is doing every day things without issues (although I'm reminding her to take it easy), and she is so happy that she is now losing weight effectively. I cannot commend Dr. Monkhouse enough this is a really good package with plenty of professional support throughout the entire process, he was always available to awnser my questions or just talk me through my concerns. The hospital also has strict measures in place in regards to COVID-19 it's very different from a public hospital. Thanks.

Written by a patient at Spire Gatwick Park Hospital
12th October 2020

I saw Mr Monkhouse for hernia surgery privately at the Spire Gatwick. He was professonal, straight-talking and listened to me. He bent over backwards to try to find a date for the operation that I could fit into my work schedule. The operation itself couldn't have gone better. He was calm, re-assuring presence, and has taken the time and care to check how I have progressed. The recovery process was fast and now, 4 weeks later, I am back to 100% thanks to Mr Monkhouse and his team.

Written by a patient at East Surrey Hospital
21st September 2020

I had surgery with this excellent surgeon earlier this year. I have NEVER encountered any medical professional like Mr Monkhouse. He is caring and considerate and makes all his patients feel special! I also found him to be very gentle in his treatment/care of me post-op. Mr Monkhouse has excellent personal skills as well as his exceptional surgical skills. I am very fortunate to have had Mr Monkhouse as my surgeon!

Mr Simon Monkhouse was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

MA MBBChir PGCME FRCS Consultant Upper GI & Bariatric Surgeon Mr Monkhouse was the recipient of the "Your Care Matters: improving the patient experience" award at the SASH Annual Staff Awards of Excellence 2015. This award is presented to a person whose great work is repeatedly highlighted.

Short link to review Mr Simon Monkhouse: http://iwgc.net/eckn6