mr-gerard-kelly

29th June 2022

Mr Kelly totally put my 82 year old mother in law at ease. He listened to her history and immediately explained his findings in an easy to understand manner and vocabulary. He gave her a plan that could be followed with options at each stage. My mother in law felt very supported by Mr Kelly.

10th June 2022

Dr Kelly was fantastic throughout the whole process of my tonsils being removed. Dr Kelly was able to put me at ease and explain what would happen during the procedure and during my recovery. He was able to see me after the procedure, whilst I was still in hospital, to explain what happened during the procedure which I appreciated. I found Dr Kelly very approachable and friendly. Dr Kelly has also replied quickly to any emails I have sent him before and after my procedure. I would recommend Dr Kelly to anyone who requires a tonsillectomy.

Written by a NHS patient at Leeds General Infirmary
8th June 2022

Mr Kelly was so lovely. He was very professional explained everything that he was looking at and doing. He was very gentle when using the nasoscope. His manner was very pleasant and listened to me. I would highly recommend him and would have no hesitation in going to see him again.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
1st June 2022

My son was on a long nhs waiting list. Contact Dr Kelly who agreed he would see him and provided me with a contact number to arrange. We were seen very quickly and surgery performed a few weeks later. Dr Kelly and his secretary kept us fully informed throughout.

1st June 2022

Mr Kelly has been very helpful reviewing my complex condition and taking the time to explain an unexpected diagnosis. He has listened to my concerns and discussed these in detail with me both face to face and via email. It is likely I will need surgery in the next few months and feel very comfortable in the treatment mr Kelly will provide

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2022 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists