Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

29th January 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital

When my husband and I tentatively presented our 2 year old daughter with a constant “runny nose” and slower than average speech to Mr Kelly, we were unsure whether we’d be taken seriously. Within a few minutes of our first consultation, Mr Kelly put us all, including my daughter, at ease by listening to and acknowledging our concerns. During the consultation, our daughter was diagnosed with glue ear in both ears and enlarged adenoids. Mr Kelly provided us with the right amount of information and guidance that empowered us to opt for surgery – an adenoidectomy and insertion of grommets. On the day of the surgery, Mr Kelly visited us both pre and post surgery, so we always knew what was going to and what had happened, which negated our worries and concerns. We now have a daughter who no longer constantly needs a tissue to her nose, whose speech has improved significantly in just the three weeks since her operation, and her breathing has become less labored - which in turn has improved her sleep. We’re grateful to Mr Kelly for his guidance, his open communication and for correctly diagnosing and treating our daughter as we believe his actions have made a significant improvement to her quality of life.

27th December 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

Mr Kelly has a very friendly and professional manner. He is knowledgeable and helpful. I felt that he listened, didn't rush me, answered all of my questions about my condition (otosclerosis) and explained possible options to assist my hearing in the future. I really appreciated the time he gave me and wouldn't hesitate to make an appointment to see him again in the future should I need to so.

5th December 2017
Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital

Fantastic surgeon and has looked after my daughter on numerous occasions. Would highly recommend.

26th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

I recently underwent an ear operation performed by Mr Gerard Kelly. Throughout my treatments, procedures and consultations I have been extremely pleased with the excellent care, consideration and respect given to me by Mr Kelly. I would highly recommend him for any ENT treatments and will happily return to his care in the future should the need arise.

6th July 2017
Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary

What can i say. He is amazing and gave me a new lense of life and been able to follow my dream and do a career ive always wanted to do. I didn't think i had the hearing ability before the operation but now wow i hear everything. I have it all and more thanks to Dr Kelly

Nearest Otolaryngologists