Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

16th February 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

I had to write a review as I went to see this doctor privately because of all the great reviews, but my experience was anything but great. I found the whole experience extremely stressful because Dr Kelly blamed everything on the psychological. A complete waste of time and a huge disappointment when I have real problems. A very horrible experience.

12th December 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I was looking for an ENT Consultant to go to as a private self paying patient so looked at a few reviews to help me choose who to Consult. I decided to go to Mr Kelly based on his reviews and I have to say they are spot on. Mr Kelly is an excellent communicator, my husband and I felt very reassured by his professionalism, friendly approach and how he put his pen down and looked straight at you when you were explaining your symptoms and worries, he is a very good listener. Mr Kelly explained the findings of my CT scan and what my options were and gave me time to decide which option would be best for me. The operation went smoothly and far exceeded my expectations, the whole experience was second to none, the care from Mr Kelly, the anaesthetist and the Staff at the Nuffield in Leeds was First Class. My after care has been just as good and I was given the opportunity to see Mr Kelly anytime with any problems or worries I might have in the future and his E mail to keep in touch if it was just a query I had.

8th January 2019
Response from Mr Gerard Kelly

Thank you for this kind feedback, I try and treat people the way I would like a doctor to treat me. The key to good care is also to achieve a correct diagnosis, without this treatment is random and likely to be unsuccessful. In my first exposure to medicine at university I was told by my Professor of Medicine 'listen to what the patient is telling you, they are giving you the diagnosis'. I have always tried to follow this advice.

29th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

Really good experience. Mr Kelly was kind, competent and helpful. When he carried out an investigative procedure he was patient and encouraging. I was amazed when he asked me, ‘what do you think it is?’ as often the patient’s own opinion is not welcomed by doctors, let alone sought. What was also most helpful was an invitation for email follow up as required. You don’t feel like you are on your own once you have left his office. Could not have wished for a better experience.

8th November 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital

My teenage son had inner ear surgery to repair his damaged ear drum. Mr Kelly gave us complete confidence from the very start. He talked us through what would happen, and the results we could expect. The surgery went brilliantly despite it being a much more difficult operation that initially thought. I would not hesitate in recommending him and we plan to have my sons other ear done next year.

6th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

My son and I are both under the care of Dr. Kelly and I must say that he is our favourite doctor at Leeds Spire Hospital. He is very professional and friendly. He listens to our concerns and welcomes all our questions with sincerity and understanding. We would recommend him without any hesitation.

Nearest Otolaryngologists