Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

26th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

I felt Mr Kelly really listened to me, and nothing was too much trouble. He is very kind, caring and showed empathy towards me and my health complaint. Also very reassuring, i felt like I was in safe hands.

25th September 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

I found Mr Kelly approachable, understanding and keen to reduce my symptoms. He was efficient and focused, just what you want and need.

30th August 2019
Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital

We went to see Mr. Kelly with our 14 month old daughter in July, as she couldn’t eat any solid food without vomiting. We had been advised by Speech and Language Therapists that it was likely to be caused by tongue tie. We had been referred to an NHS ENT doctor, who we saw, but who didn’t think the problem was caused by her tie. We decided to get a second opinion and found Mr. Kelly on the ATP website. We got an appointment within 2 weeks for a consultation. Mr. Kelly examined her and said that she was definitely tied but he was realistic about the chances that dividing the tongue tie would help her eating. We decided to go ahead and do the division, and after the procedure Mr. Kelly said that the tie was worse than it had appeared. Our daughter is now one month post op, and the difference it has made is unbelievable. She is now able to eat any food, with any texture. Mr. Kelly was very friendly, and we felt like he listened to our concerns. We can’t thank Mr. Kelly enough for helping our daughter, and finally easing our stress.

14th August 2019
Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary

I was referred to Mr Kelly by my GP after another ENT consultant at a different hospital told me the only thing that could be done about my hearing problem was to fit me with a hearing aid and dismissed any other treatment. At 33 years old, this was not what I wanted to be told. My experience with Mr Kelly could not have been more different. I found Mr Kelly to be extremely considerate, friendly and listened to my issues. Different treatment options were discussed with Mr Kelly explaining the advantages and possible side effects of them all which made the decision to go ahead with a stapedectomy an easy one. The operation was carried out at the end of June and I have just had my last aftercare appointment - Mr Kelly kept me informed of the procedure and explained everything he was doing so I knew what to expect. My last hearing test showed a great level of improvement in the operated ear; so much so it is now better than my ‘good’ ear!!! I cannot thank Mr Kelly enough, to give someone one of their senses back is just amazing!!!!

29th July 2019
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Very patient focussed and listened carefully to what I had to say about the history of my condition (chronic maxillary sinus infection) and previous treatments. Gave me options for possible resolution, with the respective pros/cons and likely outcomes of each. Gave me time to think about the options. We mutually agreed a way forward and I underwent a procedure (FESS) recently to look to resolve the condition. Gave me a follow up regime (frequent saline rinses) and so far the signs are very promising. Mr Kelly took the trouble to personally phone me the day after the operation to describe what he had found and what he had done and he stressed the importance of ongoing sinus rinsing. He also said he could be contacted any time if I had any difficulties. In summary I was/am very pleased with his approach and his genuine desire to resolve the condition.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »