Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

12th December 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I was looking for an ENT Consultant to go to as a private self paying patient so looked at a few reviews to help me choose who to Consult. I decided to go to Mr Kelly based on his reviews and I have to say they are spot on. Mr Kelly is an excellent communicator, my husband and I felt very reassured by his professionalism, friendly approach and how he put his pen down and looked straight at you when you were explaining your symptoms and worries, he is a very good listener. Mr Kelly explained the findings of my CT scan and what my options were and gave me time to decide which option would be best for me. The operation went smoothly and far exceeded my expectations, the whole experience was second to none, the care from Mr Kelly, the anaesthetist and the Staff at the Nuffield in Leeds was First Class. My after care has been just as good and I was given the opportunity to see Mr Kelly anytime with any problems or worries I might have in the future and his E mail to keep in touch if it was just a query I had.

29th November 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

Really good experience. Mr Kelly was kind, competent and helpful. When he carried out an investigative procedure he was patient and encouraging. I was amazed when he asked me, ‘what do you think it is?’ as often the patient’s own opinion is not welcomed by doctors, let alone sought. What was also most helpful was an invitation for email follow up as required. You don’t feel like you are on your own once you have left his office. Could not have wished for a better experience.

8th November 2018
Written by a carer at Spire Leeds Hospital

My teenage son had inner ear surgery to repair his damaged ear drum. Mr Kelly gave us complete confidence from the very start. He talked us through what would happen, and the results we could expect. The surgery went brilliantly despite it being a much more difficult operation that initially thought. I would not hesitate in recommending him and we plan to have my sons other ear done next year.

6th September 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

My son and I are both under the care of Dr. Kelly and I must say that he is our favourite doctor at Leeds Spire Hospital. He is very professional and friendly. He listens to our concerns and welcomes all our questions with sincerity and understanding. We would recommend him without any hesitation.

24th July 2018
Written by a carer at Leeds General Infirmary

Fantastic surgeon, great manner with my child he has explained everything to him at each stage of his care. He has also explained everything to myself as well so I knew what to expect. He preformed a complex operation on my son lasting over 5 hours. My son’s operation was successful and went better than we could have hoped for and his tiny scar has almost disappeared completely. He continues to monitor my son in his out patient clinic and his follow up care has been excellent as well.

Nearest Otolaryngologists