mr-gerard-kelly

Written by a private patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
15th June 2021

I saw Mr Kelly for my BPPV - he was very positive and I felt totally confident in his care. He did the Epley Manoeuvre on me and, although not very pleasant at the time and for a couple of days afterwards, it has done the trick and the dizziness has gone (which had started nearly four months before). I would certainly go back and see Mr Kelly again, if the BPPV returns - and cannot recommend him more highly.

Written by a NHS patient at Leeds General Infirmary
13th June 2021

Very patient focussed; kind and considerate and compassionate care. Would wholly recommend.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
12th June 2021

Mr Kelly instantly put me at ease and listened to me explaining my symptoms and medication prescribed by my doctor. He explained every part of the examination and procedure he undertook. I had the opportunity to ask questions and he was very clear when informing me of the issue. I had been in discomfort for months. Mr Kelly identified the problem quickly and it was great to walk out of the consultation releaved of the issue I had experienced for such a long time.

Written by a private patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
11th June 2021

Mr Kelly made me feel very at ease and I felt as though the examination was very thorough. Having suffered with ear problems for quite some time it was great to get some advice from someone who specialized in ears. I was very impressed.

Written by a NHS patient at Leeds General Infirmary
10th June 2021

From the first time I met Mr Kelly he was professional and supportive. He listened to all my questions and answered them in a way a lay person could understand. He never rushed through the appointments I had. He would explain how things were going to move on and what he would do in the operation. Post-op meetings were exactly the same. He would go over what had been done and explain how he saw the healing process proceeding. Mr Kelly is the most approachable and understanding medical practitioner I have come across. Thank you.

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists