Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

24th March 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Mr Kelly was an incredible help being the best surgeon that I could have hoped to have. Not only did he perform a fantastic job removing my extensive cholesteatoma mainly endoscopically, but he was always very patient, friendly and welcomed any and all questions. Post procedure I asked for some advice via email, receiving a very helpful and prompt response. I could not recommend this surgeon enough.

23rd March 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I saw Gerard on a Friday evening having travelled as a private patient from Lytham in Lancashire. Let me just say how blown away I was from arrival at the Nuffield Hospital to leaving... Gerard was extreamly thorough in his examinations and listened to everything I mentioned, his tests were very very good and interesting indeed, he told me exactly about my condition and advised and helped on the steps I needed to take for the future. He was so so friendly and was on time. I felt very at ease and in safe hands. I would definitely recommend Gerard Kelly to anyone who is looking for answers with new or ongoing ENT conditions. I hope to see Gerard soon for a follow up/check up appointment on my progress.

20th March 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

I struggled with severe nose bleeds from 8 Jan to 5 March, frequent and heavy. Several trips to A&E with input from ENT and some cautery did not cure me. I saw Mr Kelly on 22 Feb and found him extremely thorough and painstaking in his consultations and 2 bouts of cautery - the second of which on 5 March highlighted a 'hidden' blood vessel in an apparently unusual position but which he found and cauterised, finally curing the problem. Apart from his clinical expertise he was also very warm and amenable in dealing with me as his patient.

15th March 2018
Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital

Gerard epitomises what a great doctor should be. His demeanour is calming, he is clearly knowledgeable, demonstrates confidence in a non threatening way and has great interpersonal skills. His approach to patient care, in my experience, is excellent. I have complete trust and confidence in his ability and look forward to my appointments!

27th February 2018
Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary

I have suffered from Keratosis Obturanes for 30 years and other Doctors had advised my only option was surgery. I was referred to Mr Kelly and he has successfully managed the condition without surgery since he started at the LGI. Last September I had an infection and due to my being on holiday was unable to see Mr Kelly before the condition had deteriorated into an abcess resulting in my admission to hospital at the beginning of November. After a stay of four days and being bombarded with antibiotics I was discharged and saw Mr Kelly as an outpatient first fortnightly and now monthly as the condition improved. I cannot speak too highly of his care and diligence. He always puts me at ease and listens to my concerns, giving me options for treatment. I will continue to see him regularly. He is approachable and pleasant to speak to.

Nearest Otolaryngologists