mr-gerard-kelly

1st September 2021

Having been struggling with breathing issues for close to three years, seen multiple doctors / specialists and been prescribed every nasal spray under the sun I was beginning to lose hope so I decided to go private. I am a stickler for doing my research and after narrowing down a list of five ENT consultants Mr Kelly came up trumps. Why did he? 1 - Highly specialised in the areas of ENT. One read of his background and bio would show he is extremely capable of solving my issue. Link to his website - https://www.leedsent.com/ 2 - Reviews online state he is very empathetic towards his patients and LISTENS to their needs and problems intently. Link to patient reviews -https://www.iwantgreatcare.org/doctors/mr-gerard-kelly 3 - His online videos performing surgery show a well natured professional who takes immense pride in his work. Link to surgery video (discretion advised) - https://youtu.be/RmMYPVouIiQ After my first consultation Gerard made me feel at ease straight away, he understood why I was agitated by not being able to breath and documented all my symptoms thoroughly. Might I add, out of all my appointments with previous medical professionals he was the only one who ordered allergy tests.. Unfortunately these came back negative and the next course of action was surgery! Septoplasty with turbinate reduction. Gerard answered all my concerns, made me aware of all risks associated with the surgery, healing time and what I needed to do for best recovery. Well I’m writing this one month after surgery and can say with a smile from ear to ear that I can now breath again, have zero pressure in the sides of my head and my quality of life has improved immensely. Thank you Gerard! Side note: He’s a good laugh too :)

24th August 2021

I saw Mr Kelly following a diagnosis of Bells Palsy. He has a lovely caring manner, is easy to talk to and takes the time to explain everything. I had a query following my consultation and he replied to my email very quickly. He is obviously extremely knowledgeable and I found him very reassuring.

17th August 2021

My treatment by Mr Kelly at Spire Hospital, Leeds has been exemplary. I have had the same problem with my ears for 22 years and in all of that time Mr Kelly is the first person I have encountered who is curious and interested in looking for both the cause and solution to my problem.

13th August 2021

I have seen Mr Kelly on several occasions and found him very professional and caring. He is very pleasant and easy to talk to. I have the utmost confidence in him at all times.

11th August 2021

I went under the care of Mr Kelly with an enlarged tonsil. After having an MRI scan all was clear. However the scan picked up a more sinister problem in my sphenoid, which Mr Kelly picked up on. Further scans revealed I had a cancerous inverted papilloma in my right sphenoid. Mr Kelly explained everything to me and referred me to the cancer team at LGI, where I had a successful operation to remove it. Even when I left the care of Mr Kelly, I contacted him several times with various queries. He always came back to me and put me at ease. I would recommend Mr Kelly to anyone, he is kind, caring yet very professional in his role.

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists