mr-gerard-kelly

Written by a private patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
18th April 2021

Mr Kelly was extremely helpful and reassuring. My symptoms were quite complex with other doctors not being sure of what it might be. Mr Kelly assured me that with the symptoms presented he could find a treatment.

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
12th April 2021

Mr. G Kelly I have had several consultations and on each occasion, Mr. Kelly makes you feel relaxed and shows a lot of interest in your condition . I have every confidence in his knowledge and experience, I would have no hesitation in recommending him and have no suggestions on how to improve his great care. David Lewis

Written by a NHS patient at Leeds General Infirmary
3rd April 2021

I perforated my ear drum just over 3 years. This at first didn't cause problems but then I started to get infections all the time and it would bleed. I saw various Doctors and eventually was seen by Dr Kelly who said it needed an operation. I had to wait a while because of the Covid situation but I had my op in January with no problems. Dr Kelly always explained what was going to happen when I visited him. He had to take some skin from inside my ear to repair the hole but there is no scar. So glad its done and I can hear a lot better.

Written by a private patient at Leeds General Infirmary
28th March 2021

Dr Kelly's treatment of me was excellent clearing and thorough explaining everything he could do and giving me options. l was a bit of a detective job with not obvious simtoms which he solved . He always encouraged me to email him if I needed which felt like I had him on hand if I was anxious as I often was he did not make me feel like I was being a pest it felt very personal always a smile on his face so friendly

Written by a private patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
11th March 2021

My daughter suffered with a leaking ear from the age of 10 months. After a further 3 years of going back and forth to various NHS and private doctors, and being prescribed antibiotic after antibiotic, we thankfully found Mr Kelly through our health insurers. Mr Kelly was the first Dr we saw that performed a pressure test on her ear, and found that rather than it being a need for gromits as we had been told previously, it was in fact a case of the opposite needing to be done. My daughter had a hole that would not heal by itself and so was letting infection in. Within 2 months after initial consultation, my daughter underwent an operation to repair the hole. I believe it may have been quicker, had it not been for the covid situation. The operation was done as a day case, and it all went really smoothly. I was very happy with how thorough Mr Kelly was when he came to discuss the procedure. He was great at putting my daughter at ease too. 3 months on and I am amazed at the improvements we have seen with all her initial symptoms. The scar she's been left with is minimal, and we have had no need to visit any doctor about her ear since the op. Overall I think Mr Kelly is great at his job, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend him to anyone with an ear problem.

Mr Gerard Kelly was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

Nearest Otolaryngologists