Mr Gerard Kelly

Gerard Kelly is a Consultant ENT surgeon in Leeds, he specialises in otology, neuro-otology and sinus surgery and treats both adults and children. He works in Leeds General Infirmary in NHS practice. He qualified in 1990 and became a fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in 1994. He trained in Glasgow, Edinburgh, London and Manchester. He became a consultant ENT and skull base surgeon in 2001, in Leeds. In private practice her works in the Spire Hospital, Leeds and The Leeds Nuffield Hospital. He sees only private patients in the private sector (whereas some consultants see both NHS and private patients in private hospitals). He is a member of the council of the British Society of Otology (BSO, part of ENTUK) and runs the BSO balance course. He has an MD (Docorate of Medicine) and an MEd (Masters of Education degree) as well as his primary medical degree.

• Otolaryngology

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
20th November 2019

In September of this year I went into Leeds Nuffield hospital for FESS / Polypectomy, carried out by Mr Gerard Kelly. From the initial consultation, scan, tests, actual operation and two follow up appointments, I cannot fault any aspect of my treatment. My operation was done as a day case and I was home by early evening the same day. My wife commented the day after my op on how well I looked! My nose was completely blocked with polyps and I hadn't had a sense of smell at all for years. Two months on from my operation, my nose is totally clear and I have my sense of smell back - it is wonderful to be able to smell and taste my food again, I have more energy, am not breathless any more and feel generally much better. I also have Samter's Triad and Mr Kelly explained all about it and advised me how to follow a low salicylate diet in the long term. Many thanks to Mr Kelly and his team, would certainly recommend you to anyone thinking of having ENT surgery.

Written by a patient at Leeds General Infirmary
17th November 2019

I was concerned about my recent operation on all my sinuses. Dr Kelly made me feel I was in good hands which made me feel relaxed on the day. All the staff on the day ward were amazing. Thank you to you all

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds
29th October 2019

After six weeks of problems finally felt I was on the road to recovery after the care and attention of Mr Kelly

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
22nd October 2019

I was given direct access to Mr Kelly via his email should I have any concerns around my symptoms or any questions. I did have reason to make contact and his responses and feedback were great. I am really pleased with the level of care I received and consider the personal contact an absolute bonus for a concerned patient.

Written by a patient at Spire Leeds Hospital
26th September 2019

I felt Mr Kelly really listened to me, and nothing was too much trouble. He is very kind, caring and showed empathy towards me and my health complaint. Also very reassuring, i felt like I was in safe hands.

« 1 2 3 4 5 »