Mr Sanjay Verma

Mr Sanjay Verma completed his medical training from Cambridge and after award of a coveted TWJ fellowship carried out a year in advanced otology and paediatric ENT surgery under Professor John Rutka at the Toronto General Hospital and the Hospital for Sick Children. It was here that he gained the latest knowledge and skills in the diagnosis and treatment of hearing and balance disorders, as well as children’s ENT problems. In 2012, Mr Verma was invited to the renowned Causse clinic in Beziers, France, where he gained further experience in laser ear and hearing implant surgery, as well as cosmetic surgery for bat ears in children. Mr Verma is also interested in advanced nasal and sinus surgery. He has developed a subspecialist interest in endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) and was the first to perform Balloon Sinuplasty at the Nuffield Leeds hospital. He has undergone subsequent advanced training in Madrid in the Relieva Stratus device for relief of chronic sinusitis. He also regularly performs surgery to reshape the nose and its passages (septorhinoplasty), to improve breathing, snoring and cosmetic appearance. As an ENT consultant at the Leeds General Infirmary and Wharfedale General Hospital in Otley, Mr Verma has a dedicated general adult and paediatric NHS practise, with a special interest in ear, nose, and sinus conditions. He has private consulting rooms at the Nuffield Hospital Leeds and The BMI Huddersfield hospital. He is committed to training the next generation of surgeons. As the appointed Royal College of Surgeons Tutor for Leeds General Infirmary, Mr Verma oversees the delivery and standards of surgical training throughout the Trust. He is also Educational Lead for the Head and Neck directorate and sits on the Regional Committee for Higher training in ENT. On a national level he is a committee member for the ENT UK Global Activities Committee.

31st January 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Mr Verma is very friendly and caring. I trusted him with everything and I did not have any problem. I would recommend Mr Verma to all of my family members or friends.

11th August 2016
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Decided to make an appointment to see Mr Sanjay Verma after having nasal polyps removed 13 times over the past 30 years. Mr Verma has an excellent manner, he listens to what you have to say, he is very friendly and approachable but also very professional. Subsequent investigations prior to the op were all performed swiftly and efficiently. On the day of the op Mr Verma saw me prior to theatre, he was very informative and reassuring, 12hrs later before I was discharged there he was again checking all was ok. The operation itself went very smoothly, no post operative complications at all, 1 week after the op I could smell and taste after years of being unable to do either. There was no nasal blockage or bleeding at all afterwards. All in all the whole experience has been excellent, if anyone is thinking of seeing an ENT surgeon then I cannot recommend Mr Verma highly enough.

30th December 2015
Written by a patient at Wharfedale General Hospital

Not possible to improve on perfection. A delighted and very satisfied patient. Ronald Encell

24th July 2015
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Mr Verma, is a pleasure to be under the care of. His manner is that of a true gentleman combined with high levels of integrity, professionalism and expertise but with an open, affable approach that is reassuring. He takes time to explain the diagnosis and treatment plan in ways that are easy to understand for a layperson, but without being patronising. He goes out of his way to provide very high service levels, well above and beyond the call of duty. I have high standards but without question I would recommend him If only all medical profesionals could be like this!

23rd April 2015
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Leeds

Mr Verma was a very reassuring and knowledgeable specialist. He gave all the information I needed for my first experience of surgery in the appointment prior, and I felt very much like I was part of the decision making process on my care. The day of the surgery was very relaxed, he spoke to me before and after the procedure and gave me plenty of advice; answering my questions thoroughly. I would love to be able to give some constructive feedback, but my experience was in my eyes, as perfect as it could have been. The nursing staff and anaesthetist also provided top quality care, they all have my greatest respect.

Short link to review Mr Sanjay Verma: http://iwgc.net/efmmr