mr-george-spink

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
26th August 2020

I met Mr Spink after previously having seen two other Neurosurgeons. I had been left feeling very unsure and not confident in the other consultants, my experience with Mr Spink was totally different. I found him very easy to talk to and more importantly he actually listened, this is hugely important when you are making such serious decisions. I had been given two different opinions of what surgery I needed, Mr Spinks was different again but I felt confident with his diagnosis and what he suggested was my best option, ACDF surgery. I was told that the surgery might not be successful as I had suffered from a compressed nerve in my spine for a long time. I was also advised that unfortunately the surgery would not help with my chronic neck pain. I had my surgery at H.R.I in Feb 2020. The care by the staff at this hospital was the best I have ever experienced, unfortunately for me I have been in a number of hospitals. My surgery was successful, unfortunately my arm problems have not gone as the nerve had been compressed for so long. Having seen Mr Spink recently I was given reassurance that given time my arm problem could still improve. My neck pain is greatly improved. I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Spink or to see him myself again if the need arises.

Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
13th July 2020

I would just like to thank Mr Spink and the whole team at the Spire Hospital Hull for taking excellent care of me on the 6th May when l had an operation for a Spinal Decompression. Mr Spinks exceptional ability as Spinal Surgeon is second to none. He is positive, patient and extremely calm, making the whole experience personal but professional. In other words “He knows his stuff” I have no hesitation whatsoever in recommending Mr Spink for any surgery in his field as my recovery was smooth and totally supported throughout even during my stay in Hospital during the coronavirus l felt safe protected relaxed and totally reassured for my safety. Mr Spink is a lovely person and a very caring man. His patients are hugely important to him as individuals and not just another face in the system. Thank you so very much for your care and providing me with a pain free outcome.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital York
16th June 2020

I had a telephone appointment with Mr. Spink last month and he was very courteous and most helpful. He explained everything clearly and then followed up with a letter to my GP and a copy to me. In it he gave me a full explanation of my MRI scan and options as to how my condition should be dealt with. I would trust him implicitly and was sorry I couldn't meet him in person , due to the Covid 19 crisis. He also has a very kind and helpful Secretary.

Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
5th June 2020

I was firstly diagnosed by Mr Spink as a private patient at the Spire Hospital Hull where he explained in depth what my options for treatment were and what the probable outcome of each would be. After careful consideration I opted for surgery on my lower spine as this seemed to offer the greatest chance of relief. However, as a private patient the cost of this procedure would be very expensive. Mr Spink then offered to transfer me to his NHS list. After duly waiting on the list the day finally arrived and I was admitted to Hull Royal Infirmary the evening before as it was going to be a morning operation. Mr Spink visited me in the evening to explain what the plan of events would be. His calm and positive manner was very reassuring and put me at ease for the next morning. After the operation Mr Spink came to see how I was and explained how everything went. I was allowed to go home the following day after being checked by Physio. I found Mr Spink and the whole team at HRI to be very professional, pleasant and reassuring and cannot thank them all enough.

Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
3rd June 2020

Had an operation on my neck 6th May at Spire arranged by Mr. Spink after the original had been postponed because of Covid.This in its self was remarkable in thses current times .The care I received from all the staff was exceptional from Bood Tests on the Monday until the op on the Wednesday,how was that for service. The op was very successful and the after care was perfect. I had video conference with the Physio and four weeks after the op Mr. Spink rang me enquirying how I was and answering all my questions and is going to ring me in four weeks time ,which is very reassuring. Besides being a brilliant surgeon Mr Spink is a perfect gentleman ,the type you would like to out for a drink with.I cannot give a better compliment. If anyone once to contact me about the treatment I received at cuffallan@hotmail.com

« 1 2 3 4 5 »

Mr George Spink was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant Neurosurgeon specialising in the full range of degenerative and complex spinal disorders. Lead Consultant (Neurosurgery) 2012-14 Lead Consultant (Spinal surgery) 2009-2016 Honorary Senior clinical tutor, Hull York Medical school 2012- Honorary President, Hull York Undergraduate Surgical Society 2012-2019 Website: www.heyneurosurgeon.co.uk Twitter: @heyneurosurgeon

Short link to review Mr George Spink: http://iwgc.net/ee46w