Mr George Spink

Consultant Neurosurgeon specialising in the full range of complex spinal disorders. Lead Consultant (Neurosurgery) 2012-14 Lead Consultant (Spinal surgery) 2009-2016 Honorary Senior clinical tutor, Hull York Medical school Honorary President, Hull York Undergraduate Surgical Society Website: www.heyneurosurgeon.co.uk Twitter: @heyneurosurgeon

17th July 2019
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

I have been a patient of Mr Spink for a long time now and have just undergone spinal fusion surgery in May. I have had a long history of lumbar disc problems and associated nerve issues. Mr spink has previously carried out surgery on the effect level but unfortunately the problem kept reoccurring. When Mr Spink offered me the option of a spinal fusion I was initially nervous about such a large operation but Mr spink explained the surgery and the pros and cons of the fusion in great detail that I then felt able to make a well informed decision to precede with the fusion. Mr Spink is a lovely caring gentleman and explains things in a simple manner ensuring that you fully understand your condition. I am now 7 weeks post fusion and feel amazing. The care I received before and after surgery has been faultless and the surgery so successfully that I am now fully active again and all previous leg symptoms have resolved. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend mr spink and can’t thank him enough for such a successful outcome.

9th July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

Having dealt with Mr Spink in 2012 when I needed surgery for a herniated disc, I felt very confident being referred to him last year when another issue occurred. After exploring all options, which are always fully explained by Mr Spink in a way that is easy to understand, I had surgery at the end of May and am now well on the way to full recovery. In all my dealings with Mr Spink I have found him to be not only a highly skilled, competent and very professional surgeon but also a very caring, personable and friendly individual. I had no qualms at all about a second surgery but had I needed any reassurance I was aware that I could refer to Mr Spink and ask questions at any time. I would recommend Mr Spink to anyone with a spinal problem and would like to thank him for all of his care in resolving my problems.

9th July 2019
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

Easy to speak with and very nice to deal with. Covered everything i needed to know and more. My surgery couldn’t of gone any better, bedside visit after the operation to check up and let me know how it all went. Follow up appointment was just like my pre op appointment. Covered everything and more. Would highly recommend G.Spink. Total professional and excellent neurosurgeon.

1st July 2019
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

I was admitted to Hull Royal Infirmary for emergency spinal surgery in May 2019. Throughout the initial day of my stay I was reassured by ward staff and members of Mr Spink's team that I was in very good hands and that Mr Spink was a very skilled surgeon - which turned out to be the case! I was amazed at the speed of my recovery following fairly extensive surgery, including laminectomy, foraminotomy, discectomy with pedicle screw and interbody cage fusion. I was on my feet and back home the following day, walking round the local park within 2 days and back at work in a month. 2 months later and I am completely recovered and fully active. Mr Spink is everything you could want in a surgeon - highly skilled, extremely competent, personable and friendly, with a very easy and engaging manner. I have always felt completely at ease and well-informed throughout my treatment, and feel very fortunate that I have had such a high level of care for free, courtesy of the NHS. Many thanks Mr Spink and your team!

8th June 2019
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

Mr Spink recently performed an operation on my back. At first I was very nervous about having the procedure carried out, but after speaking to him I felt I was in very good safe hands. I would highly recommend Mr Spink, he was very professional throughout. I cannot thank him enough for what he has done. Thank you Mr Spink and team for the great care provided.

Nearest Neurosurgeons