Mr George Spink

Consultant Neurosurgeon specialising in the full range of complex spinal disorders. Lead Consultant (Neurosurgery) 2012-14 Lead Consultant (Spinal surgery) 2009-2016 Honorary Senior clinical tutor, Hull York Medical school Honorary President, Hull York Undergraduate Surgical Society Website: www.heyneurosurgeon.co.uk Twitter: @heyneurosurgeon

24th May 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I visited Dr Spink on Tuesday 23rd May. He greeted me with a friendly handshake and smile which was comforting. It wasn't the news I was expecting yet all whilst I was with Dr Spink he did make me feel as ease with his caring nature. All my questions were answered in great detail and felt comfortable knowing he had given me his e mail address if I wish to contact him regarding any further information.

24th May 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

after suffering back pain and sciatica for 20 years and having private physio care for just as long, i finally decided to inquire into having surgery done, i waited for a mri scan and waited to see a consultant then waited my turn on the waiting list, i had my operation done a lumbar nerve root decompression for foraminal stenosis on March 28th its now May 23rd and i am almost 100% recovered, since i woke up from the operation my sciatica pain had totally dissipated, i cannot praise consultant mr George Spink enough his care and skill and manner have been excellent.

21st May 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Saw Mr Spink at Castle Hill last Tuesday, and am glad I did! His calm but detailed description of all aspects were very encouraging to the extent that I am looking forward to the next step.

16th May 2017
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

What a pleasant consultation with Mr Spink.Everything explained in detail which we could easily understand.A very pleasant manner and gave us confidence in the operating procedure.

13th April 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

I visited Mr Spink on 4th April 2017 with my husband. We were welcomed with a smile and a handshake, which I found very reassuring from the start. He explained in full detail my 2 options regarding my severe back pain, one being pain management and painkillers and the other an operation on my spine to stablise with screws and rods. He explained all the risks involved in the operation and although frightening and came as a shock how big the operation was l did not want to spend the rest of my life dependant on painkillers so after serious consideration l decided on the operation and I am now on the waiting list. l found Mr Spink a very charming and helpful gentleman he answered all my questions honestly and with compassion l have complete trust in him and l am looking forward to putting it all behind me and concentrating on my recovery.

Short link to review Mr George Spink: http://iwgc.net/ee46w