Mr George Spink

Consultant Neurosurgeon specialising in the full range of complex spinal disorders. Lead Consultant (Neurosurgery) 2012-14 Lead Consultant (Spinal surgery) 2009-2016 Honorary Senior clinical tutor, Hull York Medical school Honorary President, Hull York Undergraduate Surgical Society Website: www.heyneurosurgeon.co.uk Twitter: @heyneurosurgeon

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

I was a patient of dr George Spink, I had spinal fusion in the lower back.I had been suffering for a long time George was very professional and reassuring I strongly recommend him for this procedure. I am back to work just after 6 weeks and living a pain free and very active lifestyle using the gym swimming and cycling thanks again George Kind Regards Dale Clarkson

7th August 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

I have recently had a serious problem concerning the fragmentation of a lumbar disc. Having previously had surgery in the same area the prospect of achieving a good outcome was difficult. However, Mr.Spink was willing to carry out the surgery and I am happy to report a very successful outcome. Some 7 weeks after surgery I am virtually pain free and intending to return to normal activities. I am so grateful to Mr.Spink for his totally compassionate and professional attention.

13th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

This was a very helpful consultation. Mr Spink asked all the questions that I would have expected from a consultant who had read carefully the case notes and scan. He then set out the issues involved very clearly and went through the options for treatment/surgery in a very constructive manner. I left the consultation feeling that I understood much better my spinal problems and their remedies.

12th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

After spending nine months in excruciating pain & being told by another specialist that nothing could be done & I had to live with my problem & nothing I said made any difference to him & he then discharged me!!!! I went to see mr George spinx & after listening to me properly then explained how he could help me & what risks were involved & gave me lots of time to think about the operation!!! I am amazed & truely grateful to him as I knew immediately after coming out of theatre that the operation was a success & now I'm on the gentle slow recovery with his help and advice THANKYOU!!!!!

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

The care I have received from Mr G Spink in the pre, intra & post-operative periods have been exceptional. He has been kind, very understanding but factual throughout and the follow-up service that I have been privy to can be described as nothing other than outstanding. He has single-handedly restored my faith in "Clinical Governance and the NHS standards", within which I have nursed for 35 years. If only every Consultant could be as human and every patient could find their experience as satisfying!

Short link to review Mr George Spink: http://iwgc.net/ee46w