Mr George Spink

• Neurosurgery

23rd February 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

today was the first time i met with Mr G Spink and i was immediately put at ease by his politeness and caring manner, having back surgery is not something i am looking forward to but having met and discussed my condition with Mr Spink i now feel more comfortable and at ease,

19th February 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Life changing results. Mr Spink is someone who took his time to listen. I was made to feel relaxed and had total trust and faith in what he was saying. Highly recommended.

14th February 2017
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

Its hard to find the right words to express my thanks to Mr George Spink. His knowledge and skills are exceptional, and the personal care and support he always gives during consultation, and also by email when I have concerns, is amazing. I feel totally safe in his hands. He engenders trust and has real empathy for how you're feeling. You feel so vulnerable when in pain and having this trust is invaluable. I have had 2 Microdiscectomy operations with Mr Spink, one in 2015 when he arranged for me to be admitted as an emergency case, as I was in so much pain. He operated the next day. The most recent was last week. The speed with which Mr Spink arranged this latest procedure at Spire Hospital Hull was phenomenal. I had my consultation on Monday, and by Saturday I was already going home post operation, comfortable and very relieved! After both operations I felt that the exceptional care with which Mr Spink undertook the procedures led to a much more comfortable and successful post operation period. He is an exceptional neurosurgeon and a caring supportive person.

23rd January 2017
Written by a patient at Castle Hill Hospital

Had my second surgery from Mr Spink on 22 November 2016 at Castle Hill and cannot fault anything. Before the op the whole team were very nice, and told me what to expect during and after the surgery. I had no pain when I woke up, and was walking on the ward from the second day. Recovery at home was good, much easier than I had expected! I have so much praise for Mr Spink, his skill and care are exceptional! I am now having some weakness issues again with my leg/groin area when walking which I will discuss at my follow up in 2 weeks time. I would also like to add my thanks to Mr Spink who has responded to emails I have sent him which illustrates the care he shows for his patients. Anyone deciding whether to to have treatment from Mr Spink can be assured of first class treatment with excellent results. Annette Lamble.

29th October 2016
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

I have recently undergone 2 operations with Mr Spink to resolve a spinal fluid leak following discectomy (carried out by a different surgeon) and I could not recommend him more! He was extremely patient, understanding of my situation and truly listened to what I had to say. He explained my options fully without any jargon whatsoever. Thankfully the surgery has worked and I am slowing getting back on my feel feeling vaguely normal. Any patient lucky enough to be treated by Mr Spink should be completely at ease and rest assured - you will be in safe hand, he is an amazing surgeon and I would definitely recommend him the Friends and family! A credit to the NHS and to Neurosurgery!

Short link to review Mr George Spink: http://iwgc.net/ee46w