mr-george-spink

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
18th April 2021

I can not thank Mr.Spink enough for what he has done for me, I have had 3 laminectomy operations in different areas and each one has been carried out with the utmost care, On each visit Mr.Spink has listened to me carefully and treated me with respect,

Written by a private patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
17th April 2021

The consultations were virtual but Mr Spink listened carefully to my history, answered my questions and explained my management plan carefully and clearly. An excellent experience.

Written by a NHS patient at Hull Royal Infirmary
13th April 2021

I initially saw Mr Spink via Zoom at the end of January as I was suffering from severe sciatic pain in my left leg. Mr Spink was recommended to me by my physiotherapist. The appointment was on time and Mr Spink was professional, friendly empathetic regarding my pain. He ran through my MRI results and explained what the problem was (large left L5/S1 disc prolapse with nerve root compression). He understood the amount of pain I was in and ran through in detail the different treatment options with me including medication, injections and surgery and he covered the risks, benefits and limitations of each. He also directed me to his website for further information. We agreed that surgery would be the best way forward and this was arranged very quickly due to the amount of pain I was in. Mr Spink came to see me the night before my surgery to see how I was and he put my mind at ease. He also saw me again the morning of my surgery. He was friendly, down to earth and reassured me when I was feeling nervous about having spinal surgery. The surgery itself went well and I am in less pain than before my surgery. It is still early days and I am still recovering and having physiotherapy however I am seeing progress which is good. I really appreciate what Mr Spink has done for me and would definately recommend him.

Written by a private patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
2nd April 2021

Mr Spink included a partially wrong diagnostic about a serious heart condition that I don't have in the follow up letter from my private consultation. This understandably caused me considerable distress and was untirely avoidable had the information been checked before sending. After multiple calls to his office I was told that Mr Spink wouldn't want to call me to discuss the content of my letter as he had already completed my referral. Better customer service is required to future similar disress to others.

Written by a NHS patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital
3rd March 2021

Mr Spink gave me in-depth answers to my questions, to why I am having the problems with my leg/back,following a long consultation.He also showed me my mri scan,and fully explained the results.We discussed the options,which I then received treatment.I have had a further review,and following that have decided to opt for spinal surgery.I am presently waiting for a date for this ,I feel I have been well informed about the surgery,and possible problems.I felt Mr Spink was very caring and professional.

Mr George Spink was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2021 for delivering outstanding care.

Consultant Neurosurgeon specialising in the full range of degenerative and complex spinal disorders. Lead Consultant (Neurosurgery) 2012-14 Lead Consultant (Spinal surgery) 2009-2016 Honorary Senior clinical tutor, Hull York Medical school 2012- Honorary President, Hull York Undergraduate Surgical Society 2012-2019 Website: www.heyneurosurgeon.co.uk Twitter: @heyneurosurgeon

Short link to review Mr George Spink: http://iwgc.net/ee46w