Mr George Spink

Consultant Neurosurgeon specialising in the full range of complex spinal disorders. Lead Consultant (Neurosurgery) 2012-14 Lead Consultant (Spinal surgery) 2009-2016 Honorary Senior clinical tutor, Hull York Medical school Honorary President, Hull York Undergraduate Surgical Society Website: www.heyneurosurgeon.co.uk Twitter: @heyneurosurgeon

13th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

This was a very helpful consultation. Mr Spink asked all the questions that I would have expected from a consultant who had read carefully the case notes and scan. He then set out the issues involved very clearly and went through the options for treatment/surgery in a very constructive manner. I left the consultation feeling that I understood much better my spinal problems and their remedies.

12th July 2017
Written by a patient at Spire Hull and East Riding Hospital

After spending nine months in excruciating pain & being told by another specialist that nothing could be done & I had to live with my problem & nothing I said made any difference to him & he then discharged me!!!! I went to see mr George spinx & after listening to me properly then explained how he could help me & what risks were involved & gave me lots of time to think about the operation!!! I am amazed & truely grateful to him as I knew immediately after coming out of theatre that the operation was a success & now I'm on the gentle slow recovery with his help and advice THANKYOU!!!!!

11th July 2017
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

The care I have received from Mr G Spink in the pre, intra & post-operative periods have been exceptional. He has been kind, very understanding but factual throughout and the follow-up service that I have been privy to can be described as nothing other than outstanding. He has single-handedly restored my faith in "Clinical Governance and the NHS standards", within which I have nursed for 35 years. If only every Consultant could be as human and every patient could find their experience as satisfying!

6th July 2017
Written by a patient at Hull Royal Infirmary

My care from Mr Spink HAS BEEN exceptional - pre, intra and post op care were all EXCELLENT. Nothing is too much trouble for this excellent neurosurgeon. As a nurse, I would personally recommend him wholeheartedly. He is humane, caring and his bedside manner cannot be faulted. His follow-up care goes the extra mile and as a nurse of 35 years - it boosts my morale, as far as the NHS is concerned. NO CONCERNS WHATSOEVER FOLLOWING COMPLEX MAJOR NEUROSURGERY.

1st July 2017
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital York

I went for my first consultation with Mr Spink at 2.30 yesterday at York Nuffield. I received the most amazing care. I've been struggling with severe lower back pain. I saw Mr Spink who was incredibly professional, calming and reassuring. The staff at Nuffield managed to arrange an MRI for the same day and they took such amazing care of me. Mr Spink then rang me at 6pm with a clear diagnosis and options for treatment. Surgery is booked for next week. I could not have asked for more attentive or fast assistance. WOW!

Short link to review Mr George Spink: http://iwgc.net/ee46w