York Hospital

Wigginton Road, York, England, YO31 8HE

30th November 2019

Care taken by the staff is great waiting time not so great

16th October 2019

Spent a week in this hospital in orthopaedics following ankle reconstruction? Excellent care all the way from theatre through nursing care and physiotherapy. Pain control and nursing care first class.

1st October 2019

I am writing on behalf of a 56 year old gentleman that lives with us, I am Peter's carer. Pete has Down's Syndrome and severe learning disability and bar the actual time in theatre I have been with him every step of the way. He unfortunately has also been diagnosed with skin cancer. A very difficult situation for Peter to understand. From diagnosis, discussions about treatment and the subsequent surgery itself Mr Lim showed the greatest courtesy, professionalism and caring attitude towards Peter and to myself. This made a potentially difficult situation much easier and we are all very grateful and thankful to him. As a carer I had so many concerns for Pete and I am personally very grateful for the phone call Mr Lim made to me at home to reassure and but our minds at rest. He didn't need to do this and clearly cares deeply about his patients. Thank you Philip for everything you have done for Pete.

3rd August 2019

I was admitted to hospital on the 5th of May 2019 with suspected gallstones i had an infection in my gallbladder I was very poorly .... and after various test and procedures i was on ward 14 for 10 days i've got very good care well looked after and the nurses took great care of me and a great team of doctors especially Gastrointestinal surgeon Praminthra Chitz Chitsabesan...Consultant Who took such wonderful care of me and he is a credit to the NHS I am due to have my gallbladder out later in the year and I am very thankful for a wonderful hospital that looks after me when I am poorly and my daughter

28th May 2019

I was sent by my GP to the Ambulatory Care Unit last Thursday with a HB of 80, and told I may need a blood transfusion. As soon as I arrived on the unit, I was very much looked after - the staff couldn't have been kinder or more attentive. I had various tests following which I saw the Dr. who gave me the choice of either a blood transfusion, or an infusion of iron, the latter of which I decided on. I had the choice of tea, coffee, orange juice, water, biscuits, sandwiches, yoghourt etc. , as did my husband who had accompanied me, throughout the day. I am to have a further infusion of iron on Saturday. The unit is fantastic, and my care was second to none.

{{category}} working at York Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review York Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb6in