castle-hill-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 88,698 reviews Write a review

Castle Hill Hospital

Castle Road, Cottingham, North Humberside, England, HU16 5JQ

4th July 2018

I would like to thank the nurses at my appointment, kind and gentle they took care of me quickly and with care.

19th June 2018

Staff friendly and helpful, made me feel at ease. Checked on me every 10 mins after procedure. Also explained after care to me very well.

10th June 2018

I was admitted to ward 9 on June 9th 2018 for disc decompression surgery and a discectomy. From the minute i arrived the staff were absolutely wonderful. I was so well cared for. Pain relief after surgery was regularly given i didn’t have to wait or ask. All the staff from the drs to nurses to catering staff were so tentative and friendly i was very much at ease and could not be more pleased with the level of care i received. Everything was always well explained and although the staff were very busy i never felt this from them they were just brilliant. Cannot thank them enough for the outstanding care i received it makes such a difference when you are nervous and not used to hospitals.

6th June 2018

The level of care was very mixed depending on the personnel on duty and I found my stay very stressful. The ward was cold and I could not keep warm. There seemed to be a lack of good practice and leadership. The only good thing I can say is that it spurred me on to get home as quickly as possible.

Call bell

Compassion
17th May 2018

I was admitted for a one day visit for minor surgery and was located in a one bed ward which was very clean and well equipped, TV and toilet included. Support staff took my details and readied me for the operation. The consultant briefed me on what the surgery was about and answered any questions I had. Theatre staff were friendly and reassuring. (The slight sting they say you will feel for the local anaesthetic is never a slight sting.) Post op care was fine with a cup of tea and sandwich. The only negative comment I can make is the time period when I arrived 12-15pm and the departure time, 6-50pm. Given the comfortable ward I was in this was not a major concern, but would have been if I was in a waiting area.