castle-hill-hospital
1 2 3 4 5 88,713 reviews Write a review

Castle Hill Hospital

Castle Road, Cottingham, North Humberside, England, HU16 5JQ

9th May 2019

Before I started my Chemotherapy in January I had heard of the excellent reputation the Queens Centre had. But it is only when you are going through the treatment when you realise that that reputation is totally correct. The staff are just wonderful so caring and professional and they put you at ease. I had my final session today and it was actually quite sad saying bye to them but I know that should I need further sessions then I will have no fear and shall look forward to seeing them all again. Thank you all again so much for your exceptional and outstanding care. Peter Gilman

8th May 2019

A very mixed environment on the wards with a range of surgical & clinical needs. Outstandingly good nursing & support staff, but clearly overworked with little time to engage with patients who might be struggling a bit. However I was very well cared for and had no complaints other than being over- medicated on discharge which led to a quick late- night trip to A&E in Scunthorpe to be rectified after which I picked up quickly.

4th May 2019

I went in on New Years Eve morning, released two days later and could not have had better treatment from all staff involved in my care. Even though it was New Years eve/day everyone was good natured but always professional. Cleanliness was maintained and food excellent. Thank you!

23rd April 2019

Dr Jassar is a great surgeon I had to stop smoking after 36 years to have my operation it was worth it my nose was in such a state it was broken in six places and also needed a skin graft he's an excellent plastic surgeon my operation was very successful and I've ended up with a beautiful girlfriend through it I can't thank Doctor Raad El-Jassar enough Thank you so much

Call bell

Compassion
22nd March 2019

I spent 5 nights on ward 26 post surgery,& cannot speak highly enough of the competent & compassionate staff.My experience was massively blighted by the alarm which was left to sound for very long periods totaling over 60% of the duration of my stay. I worked for over 30 years in the chemical industry,controlling an industrial herbicide plant for ICI. The industry has long been dependent on complicated instrument loop control systems,so I can speak with a little authority,when I say that an alarm that spends over 4%of time in the live (noisy) mode,it is deemed to be irritant & in need of adjustment.Any instrument poor enough to make it into double figures is no longer an alarm as it becomes universally ignored. All alarms have a huge raft of adjustable parameters,which any competent scientific & technical dpt will gladly manipulate on behalf of the operation(medical)staff.The problem is not difficult to solve. Failing to do so will perpetuate the immense stress condition on staff and patients currently being needlessly suffered. Repetitive noise has been used as torture for centuries,most controversially recently in Guantanamo Bay & Abu Graib military prisons,I am now able to empathise with the victims. I noticed several new patients asking for peace,& because the staff felt under pressure,they lied.One I heard more than once:"It's connected to someone's heart & if it stops we're in trouble!" As in much of British industry you appear to have a magnificent workforce suffering because of woeful leadership,please get this sorted.Now.

{{category}} working at Castle Hill Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Castle Hill Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3uw