castle-hill-hospital

Castle Road, Cottingham, North Humberside, England, HU16 5JQ

Call bell

Compassion
22nd March 2019

I spent 5 nights on ward 26 post surgery,& cannot speak highly enough of the competent & compassionate staff.My experience was massively blighted by the alarm which was left to sound for very long periods totaling over 60% of the duration of my stay. I worked for over 30 years in the chemical industry,controlling an industrial herbicide plant for ICI. The industry has long been dependent on complicated instrument loop control systems,so I can speak with a little authority,when I say that an alarm that spends over 4%of time in the live (noisy) mode,it is deemed to be irritant & in need of adjustment.Any instrument poor enough to make it into double figures is no longer an alarm as it becomes universally ignored. All alarms have a huge raft of adjustable parameters,which any competent scientific & technical dpt will gladly manipulate on behalf of the operation(medical)staff.The problem is not difficult to solve. Failing to do so will perpetuate the immense stress condition on staff and patients currently being needlessly suffered. Repetitive noise has been used as torture for centuries,most controversially recently in Guantanamo Bay & Abu Graib military prisons,I am now able to empathise with the victims. I noticed several new patients asking for peace,& because the staff felt under pressure,they lied.One I heard more than once:"It's connected to someone's heart & if it stops we're in trouble!" As in much of British industry you appear to have a magnificent workforce suffering because of woeful leadership,please get this sorted.Now.

11th March 2019

All staff are professional, always has time for you and are very genuine in their duties. made to feel comfortable and safe. nothing was never to much and always on hand for any concerns

5th March 2019

I’ve had an operation on my wrist today and upon arrival all the staff were so lovely. Everyone that looked after me was fabulous. The nurse looking after me in recovery was amazingly nice even though I chatted to much. They was all so lovely. I would certainly recommend this unit. A massive thank you to all the team that looked after me. Day surgery unit 3 CCH. Thank you again x I would like this published for all to read.

15th December 2018

My care was excellent and I can't thank the staff enough

Call bell

Compassion
30th November 2018

First class service from start to finish

{{category}} working at Castle Hill Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Castle Hill Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3uw