Mr Dibendu Betal

Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon

« 1 2 3 4 »

10th October 2017
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

Being told you have a form of breast cancer is bad enough, even if you are told it's very small and has been caught in time to be dealt with. Ones mind always thinks of the worst scenario - suddenly life becomes very precious to you. I was nervous and to be honest a little frightened, but I found that Mr Dibendu Betal to be one of the nicest Doctors I have ever met with. When I went into Worthing hospital for my operation I was quite confident nobody regardless of NHS or private patient could have been told more of what will be done to me and I was confident I was in the best possible hands.

25th August 2017
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

Receiving a breast cancer diagnosis is scary. All the staff at Worthing Breast Care Unit were wonderful. Dr Betal saw me very quickly, combined clearly genuine concerned and caring interest with great professionalism. I felt that he was willing to spend as much time as I wanted explaining the findings, the treatment plan, and answering any questions. He welcomed my friend who accompanied me. I can't say how very much I appreciated everything about his care of me in words. His skills as a surgeon are also great, I know I scar badly from previous experience, but his careful incision and work meant a very neat job, and no need for anything more than two doses of paracetamol after. The Worthing experience was supplemented by the Macmilliam nurses who were there to follow up and add any other support and advice needed A potential nightmare turned into a wonderful experience THANKYOU

18th August 2017
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

To be greeted by Mr Betal's warm smile and quiet unassuming manner, which cannot be said of all medics, at a time of worry and distress of this unexpected diagnosis helped tremendously. No words cannot truly express my heartfelt gratitude for his excellent care given by Mr Betal and his team, in coordination with the Macmillan Breast Care Nurses who were all excellent. Mr Betal's clear reassuring explanations and options helped my family and me to make the right choice. Opting for immediate reconstruction to get the ordeal over with in one hit is one I will not regret. His kind bedside manner help me to accept this and along with his sense of humour helped me to get through this daunting procedure. His surgical skills, experience, integrity and professionalism throughout were much appreciated, so much so I was able to be discharged within 24 hours. My retired GP father, sister and I are grateful to you beyond words as to your surgical skills and professionalism. We are all delighted at the outcome and should I need such a procedure in the future, I would not hesitate in going to Mr Betal or for my sister if that were ever necessary. The procedure was a new method and has proved highly successful in terms of my recovery time and comfort. Though I was horrified at the thought of needing a mastectomy, it was comforting to know all the problem area has been removed vs having a lumpectomy instead. The multiple follow ups since my operation have been very reassuring. The Breast Care Unit as a whole is one to be proud of and we consider ourselves fortunate to have it on our doorstep. From screening, investigation, diagnosis, clinics and pre-op procedures to the operation it was 7 weeks and one cannot ask for more.

11th August 2017
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

From my first diagnoses meeting with Mr Betal and the nurses at The Breast Care Centre through the surgery and follow up consultation I was treated with utmost care and consideration. The treatment at each stage fully explained with clarity and reassurance. I cannot speak highly enough of Mr Betal and the nurses.

26th July 2017
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

Mr Betal took great care in explaining my diagnosis and proposed treatment at each stage. He also listened and gave me the opportunity to ask questions and seek clarification. I never felt rushed during any of my consultations with him. I am very grateful for his care and skill in performing both a wide local excision and mastectomy.

« 1 2 3 4 »