Mr Dibendu Betal

Consultant Oncoplastic Breast Surgeon

12th March 2017
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

Mr Betal and his team looked after me wonderfully after my diagnosis of breast cancer. All took time to listen to our questions, and to explain in simple terms and reassure us. The treatment from discovering the cancer to getting rid of it was so quick I hardly had time to think. After my operations, Mr Betal took the trouble of ringing my husband to let him know how things were. He was kind, attentive, reassuring. The Chanctonbury nurses and other members of staff were very caring and kind, and never rushed or impatient, especially Kathleen. The McMillan nurses took time to phone home to find outhow I was. I felt touched and grateful. All this made what could have been a traumatic experience less frightening, bearable and positive. Thank you all for all your hard work. Never let it be said that the NHS does not treat its patients well.

10th March 2017
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

From the first time I met Mr Betal, through consultations and two operations, he was kind, understanding and very easy to deal with. The original operation was supposed to be precautionary only and when the results came back showing a small cancer he could not have been nicer. He and his team made a scary situation as easy as they could under the circumstances. Mr Betal is easy to talk to, patient and explained things in a way I could understand, especially bearing in mind the shock of finding out I had breast cancer and required further treatment. I trusted him completely.

5th March 2017
Written by a patient at Worthing Hospital

I can’t speak too highly of the treatment I received from Mr. Betal and his team in the Breast Care Clinic at Worthing Hospital. From my initial diagnosis through to the operation and the subsequent follow up appointments the way he treated me was outstanding. He was kind, he was caring and he went to a great deal of trouble to explain to me at every stage of my treatment what it entailed and what my expectations might be. He was never impatient when I asked him questions, even though some of them very repetitive on my behalf, and he always gave me – and my husband who accompanied me -- comprehensive and easily understood answers. During any hands-on treatment he gave me he was concerned for my welfare and always tried to minimise any discomfort it might be causing me. I was particularly grateful for the way he took the trouble to visit me on the day of my surgery both before and after the operation. His manner and his approach were extremely helpful in reassuring me and helping me on the road to recovery. He treated me and the colleagues working with him with the greatest of respect. With Mr Betal I felt I was a human being and not just a number on a file. My treatment under him and his colleagues really exemplifies the NHS at its very best.

Short link to review Mr Dibendu Betal: http://iwgc.net/egb2d