Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

9th January 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I can honestly say, having met Mr Anderson through a number of appointments that his work seems extremely thorough. He instilled confidence in me from day one. He was the lead surgeon for my partial nephrectomy at St. George’s and during my week’s stay in hospital, he followed up my care almost every day. I have since had a meeting with him to arrange a further check-up since my op. He seems to be highly skilled and knowledgeable gentleman and I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Anderson to anyone who requires treatment in his field of expertise.

8th January 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I have the utmost respect for Mr Anderson. He is an excellent consultant and removed a renal cancer that was diagnosed apprx 11 years ago. Since then, I have undergone check-ups and felt completely reassured with his advice. He has also been extremely caring throughout the initial operation and subsequently which has made an enormous difference. I cannot recommend him highly enough.

26th December 2018
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

Very caring, takes the time to listen & explain. Great after surgery care.

16th December 2018
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

In December 2015 I was advised that I had kidney cancer and that the kidney had to come out, unfortunatley the Christmas holidays loomed and the consultants were due to go "home" for the holidays. Mr Anderson "squeezed" me in on his list and I had my operation 3 days later apparently the last one before he flew home. I will be forever grateful to him and his team for allowing me to enjoy what was a "different" Christmas with my family. I have had regular check ups and scans and remain forever indebited to him. Nothing was and is too much trouble for this man.

14th December 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

He listened and was kind and explained matters well. The procedure was carried out in a nicely competent business like way .

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh