Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

30th May 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

The clinic was extremely busy during my appointment to see Mr Anderson however he gave me his full attention, was thorough, professional and clear in his explanations, advice and feedback.

27th May 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Christopher gave me confidence in the diagnosis. He discussed with me the various options available and the risks involved. He was patient and professional.

18th May 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Chris Anderson is both a brilliant surgeon and a man who cares about his patients. He is also clearly respected and greatly liked by the nursing and auxiliary staff at the hospital. I feel incredibly lucky to have had my life saved on more than one occasion by Chris. There is also the support of Janine, his wife, who manages the administration of his office and schedule with efficiency and kindness. My only concern is that with Chris in my corner, I might live to be 126!

14th May 2019
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Good to hear two or three options to be discussed openly and at ease, so that I can make a wise decision.

11th May 2019
Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

As expected Mr Anderson was very knowledgeable and also immediately understood about my condition ( having a kidney removed). Just as important was he was friendly and approachable, able to share a quip or joke without thinking I was wasting his time. He answered all my questions and those of my wife and daughter directly and without 'varnish'. I was slightly worried when I went in to see him but came away reassured and more aware of what lay ahead for me.

Nearest Urologists