Mr Christopher Anderson

Mr Christopher Anderson is a consultant Urological surgeon with a general Urological practise as well as a specialist interest in renal and prostate cancer. In his general Urological practise he manages a wide spectrum of conditions : urinary infections, voiding and bladder problems, enlarged prostates (BPH), haematuria (blood in urine), circumcision, fertility workup, vasectomy / reversal vasectomy and erectile dysfunction. He has particular expertise in minimally invasive robotic and laparoscopic surgical approaches. Mr Anderson completed his undergraduate work at Stellenbosch and his postgraduate training in Cape Town, South Africa, before taking up a substantive consultant post at St George's Healthcare in 1999. He undertook fellowships to Cleveland, the University of Miami and Detroit in the United States before travelling to the University of Leipzig in Germany to further his training in both renal and prostate cancer surgery. Mr Anderson was one of the first to adopt laparoscopic techniques in urology surgery in the UK. In 2004 he introduced laparoscopic renal cryotherapy, also the first operation of its kind in the UK. He continued to develop this technique and has the largest series with long term follow-up in the country. He was an integral member of the team that pioneered robotic surgery in the UK, introducing the robotic surgery programme to St George's Healthcare in July 2008, and has successfully developed the service as lead robotic surgeon.

24th May 2018
Written by a patient at The Princess Grace Hospital

n/a

Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Thoroughly satisfactory experience

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

I had very bad back pain for few years and was found to have a quite large cyst on my left kidney at the end of last year. I was referral to St George Hospital and Mr Christopher Anderson has been care for me for this problem. I was in pain and a bit nervous and quite confused as what to do about this?! When I met Mr Christopher Anderson first time, he was very kind and very experienced and explained everything about kidney Cyst for me, he has a special ability to make patient relax and able to understand him, even when he was talking about medical terms! His experty and experience provide a very clam atmosphere for patient! With his help, I managed to make decision for surgery removal of my cyst. At the beginning of this year, Mr Christopher Anderson performed key hole surgery for me and successfully removed my kidney! I recovered from this operation very fast and now I don't have any back pain anymore!!! To a professional surgeon, a kidney cyst with a key hole surgery for removal may present as a small matter. However, to a patient like myself, who know nothing about Kidney cyst except that it shouldn't be hanging on my kidney and there are many choices that can be used to deal with this problem but each has up side and down side and I am super nervous for any type of surgery, from diagnose to make decision as what to do and to go through surgery can be a very exhausting journey. But with Mr Christopher Anderson's help and care, I was very lucky and I came out from this journey back pain free and healthier and happier! A very big thanks to St George Hospital and to Mr Christopher Anderson!!!

Written by a patient at St George's Hospital

Mr Anderson is caring and considerate and always makes me feel safe and cared for. This was the case when I was being treated for kidney cancer, and was very frightened, and was also true when I was recovering from the surgery he carried out. He always explained things to me, and gave the impression of having time to listen, and that it was important that he heard what I said, even when I knew he was in a hurry. Since then, I have continued to meet with him to discuss the results of scans, and have asked to see him every time, because he is so good at explaining things to me in a calm way, and recognises and acknowledges how scared I remain.

22nd May 2018
Written by a patient at Parkside Hospital

Very considerate,and professional,who has a high level of experience in his field.

Short link to review Mr Christopher Anderson: http://iwgc.net/ecnzh