The Princess Grace Hospital

42-52 Nottingham Place, London, England, W1U 5NY

4th February 2022

The staff were exceptionally good. Over two days about 15 different people knocked on my door and entered my room with a smiling face behind a mask. They were all efficient and made my stay highly enjoyable.If IU needed help they were there in a trice. The quality of food was good and I felt on leaving I was lucky to have that care.

23rd December 2021

The surgeon (Mr Haji) and his team were brilliant throughout as well as the care which I received from hospital staff before I went down for my operation however I was very disappointed with the aftercare which I received from the hospital staff following my operation. I was discharged from hospital at 10:30pm the same evening after having undergone surgery under general anaesthetic and despite still feeling very groggy from the anaesthetic, there was no suggestion or offer of letting me stay in hospital overnight to recover, I very much got the impression that they were keen to have the bed back. None of the nurses on the ward checked to see if I would be accompanied home by a friend/relative and I was left to leave the hospital on my own to catch a taxi home. The hospital didn't provide me with any aftercare literature either, just a bag containing my medication. I was very surprised and disappointed by this level of care from what is a private hospital.

8th December 2021

Staff was attentive and professional.

25th October 2021

The most awful hospital experience. Nurses didn’t care, no bedside manner, unfriendly, unhelpful. Struggled to sit up and manoeveur generally (due to undomibsl hystetectomy incisions and cannula in one hand) - in agony- no one offered assistance. Catering staff rude in general and didn’t offer help to move eating tray. I didn’t get lunch on one day. Food was horrendous. Cleaning staff unbelievably rude. I was promised physio as soon as possible after surgery. This didn’t happen. I will never recommend this hospital to anyone.

28th June 2021

I had lower jaw surgery and when I came out I could barely talk. When I woke up the asked the nurse if I could eat she refused to give me food and didn’t come back for 6 hours. They’re were other people coming in to check my heart rate and give me medication. When the nurse came back I had to ask her for food which she finally complied. She was a terrible person. The nurse was supposed help me learn how to eat with a straw since my mouth was wired shut but she left and didn’t come back for hours. So when the food was brought in l struggled but after trying for ages I finally learnt how to eat. Then the nurse was leaving she finally showed me the button to call the nurse in if I need help. So the nurse changed to these other two on the night shift and they weren’t much better. One seemed like a beginner who didn’t know anything and just made my life very difficult and blamed me for moving my hand too much that’s why the machine my hand was connected to was beeping. When the more experience nurse came she told him that was not the case it was just out of battery and needs to be charged. Then in the morning when my doctor came he said I could be discharged at 12 initially but the nurse made it to 2pm so I could eat lunch. However they did not provide with breakfast nor Lunch. As well as the doctor said they can disconnect my hand form the machine they left one tube in connected to the machine saying in case o need a higher pain medication even though my doctor said I can take my medications in liquid form and that they should disconnect me. My whole experience was awful and for as much money as you spend on staying a night at this hospital they are a disgrace and I can never recommend anyone to go to this hospital and I never would like to go back there. They have terrible service and the nurses are just awful.

14th June 2021

It was a completely unexpected medical emergency! A few years prior I had been treated in the emergency room at Princess Grace Hospital and was very impressed with the staff and facility at that time. When my family member fell sick, I had no hesitation to send her to Princess Grace. A particularly difficult time due to COVID, I am now in the situation that I am not in my home country, have no direct knowledge of the Doctors treating my loved one and I am unable to be with her. We are now convinced it was meant to be that we were in London to receive the utmost care and the brilliance of the Doctors and staff at Princess Grace. The nurses and Doctors responded to my calls and were precise and thorough with each call. Having over 45 years of reviewing medical records, my family member/patient felt she was in the hands of a competent team. The clinical team led by Dr. Ahmed Yousseif provided a vigorous path to restore her health. The nursing and support staff were a strong support physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually - all critical to obtain the strength to keep fighting. As I would deliver packages at the reception desk to be sent to my loved ones room, I was always met by Nilza who is a top notch professional and the wonderful gents in blue blazers that I named the "Ambassadors". Indeed all of them are great Ambassadors for the hospital, helpful and kind - most appreciated during this challenging time. The post COVID treatment is evolving daily and we are quite sure Princess Grace Hospital and the brilliant Doctors therein are on the cutting edge of appropriate treatment. As an American, we must admit we felt the treatment here was superior to what we may have encountered at home in the ability to diagnose and treat the condition we faced. Our thanks to all. You will never be forgotten.

8th June 2021

Great team of professionals. Very impressed with all the nurses I dealt with during the 8 days I've spent there. All extremely nice and well trained. Great to see the diversity of nationalities serving us there. (Just felt strange I needed to be locked for 3 days in a room - including a rare sunny weekend - between the Covid test and the procedure date, but at the hospital I've seen some - very few - employees (not nurses) with no mask covering the nose, or overcrowding the lift.)

Safe

{{category}} working at The Princess Grace Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review The Princess Grace Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb496