Mr. Chee-Yean Eng

Consultant ENT-Head & Neck and Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgeon. Head of Service ENT (pan-Trust) at United Lincolnshire NHS Trust Area of practice:- General adult and paediatric, elective and emergency ENT conditions. Specialist nasal surgery - Septorhinoplasty, septal surgery, FESS, Sphenopalatine artery cauterisation/clipping, cauterisation for nose bleed, turbinate surgery and Specialist otology surgery - myringoplasty/ear drum repair, grommet, mastoid surgery, pinnplasty. specialist throat surgery - adnoid and tonsil surgery, diagnostic endoscopy/pharyngoscopy/laryngoscopy +/- LASER, direct oesophagoscopy and dilatation, pharyngeal pouch surgery. Specialist neck surgery - benign and malignant neck surgery, thyroid and parathyroid surgery, salivary gland/parotid surgery. Graduated with MBChB (University of Aberdeen) 2000. Completed basic surgical training in Scotland. Underwent advance surgical training - ENT/Otolaryngology specialist training (Specialist Registrar) in Yorkshire and Humber region, UK. Professional qualitifications:- MBChB, MRCS, DOHNS, FRCS(ORL-HNS) National Head and Neck Surgical Oncology Interface Fellowship (Oct 2011 - Sept 2012). NLC (now known as NHS Leadership Academy) Clinical Leadership Fellowship (King's Fund, Manchester Business School, HSMC University of Birmingham) and PGC in Leadership and Service Improvement (University of Manchester) completed in 2012. Certificate of Completion of Health Professional Education (National University of Singapore) - completed in Nov 2014

10th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

After reading the glowing reviews on Mr. Eng's website, I made an appointment to see him as I had breathing problems and I can honestly say that he lives up to his excellent reputation. His approachable and extremely kind manner put me at ease straight away as he explained that I had a deviated septum and would need septorhinoplasty and he also talked me through the other procedures needed prior to the operation (CT Scan, anterior rhinoscopy and flexible nasendoscopy etc.) On the morning of the operation he came to see me and again explained the procedure prior to going into the operating theatre and to see if I had any further questions, as did his excellent and cheerful anaesthetist Mr Ndu Okonkwo. I was able to contact him if necessary through his superb secretary Lesa Bristow, who was always available by telephone or email and who would always respond immediately. I am now able breath properly again and have a fabulous nose with thanks to Mr Eng, a truly talented and skilled professional, who I cannot speak highly enough of and would without a doubt thoroughly recommend. Lady Lynne Sykes

5th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

Mr. Eng was very polite and always smiling. He explained my procedure fairly well although it was necessary to ask the right questions. He was very pleased with the outcome & I appear to have no lasting after effects.

18th April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

Hi I'm john, I had a total thyroidectomy last year and I was kept informed ever step of the was, staff at the park hospital was brilliant helpful Mr eng was in contact with me in person. And over the phone I felt reassured by him it all went so smooth all the way through after the op was treated and informed that everything went well, I rested up did as I was told and was out in two days and had no issues with the recovery process at all and the scar you cant really see unless you look hard at it I would recommend this surgeon Mr eng you won't be disappointed brilliant.

1st April 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

Mr Eng has provided excellent care during the whole of the diagnosis and treatment of my condition. At every step of the way he has been friendly, very professional and informative and keen to provide reassurance when needed.

31st January 2017
Written by a carer at Lincoln County Hospital

My 92 year old father was admitted to Lincoln County Hospital in early December 2016 after the Eye Clinic at Boston Pilgrim Hospital had identified from a CT scan an infection in his sinuses which had caused his left eye to become very swollen and completely closed; my father was in considerable pain. The Eye Clinic had to transfer his case to the ENT team as a result. On admission, it was explained that my father had an abscess behind his left eye which needed to be drained. Mr Chee-Yean Eng came to see my father prior to the procedure and explained in simple and easy to follow terms what was going to happen throughout. His calm confidence at the outset was re-assuring for both my father and myself. On visiting my father next day, we found him much recovered and out of pain. My father had a follow up OP appointment at Grantham Hospital at the end of January and was pleased to see that Mr Chee-Yean Eng was in attendance, and again after checking out how matters had healed, he was reassured by what he was told by and the answers given to the questions he raised with Mr Chee-Yean Eng about his condition. His professionalism and patient care manner was second to none.

Short link to review Mr. Chee-Yean Eng: http://iwgc.net/efq6d