Mr. Chee-Yean Eng

Consultant ENT-Head & Neck and Thyroid & Parathyroid Surgeon. Head of Service ENT (pan-Trust) at United Lincolnshire NHS Trust Area of practice:- General adult and paediatric, elective and emergency ENT conditions. Specialist nasal surgery - Septorhinoplasty, septal surgery, FESS, Sphenopalatine artery cauterisation/clipping, cauterisation for nose bleed, turbinate surgery and Specialist otology surgery - myringoplasty/ear drum repair, grommet, mastoid surgery, pinnplasty. specialist throat surgery - adnoid and tonsil surgery, diagnostic endoscopy/pharyngoscopy/laryngoscopy +/- LASER, direct oesophagoscopy and dilatation, pharyngeal pouch surgery. Specialist neck surgery - benign and malignant neck surgery, thyroid and parathyroid surgery, salivary gland/parotid surgery. Graduated with MBChB (University of Aberdeen) 2000. Completed basic surgical training in Scotland. Underwent advance surgical training - ENT/Otolaryngology specialist training (Specialist Registrar) in Yorkshire and Humber region, UK. Professional qualitifications:- MBChB, MRCS, DOHNS, FRCS(ORL-HNS) National Head and Neck Surgical Oncology Interface Fellowship (Oct 2011 - Sept 2012). NLC (now known as NHS Leadership Academy) Clinical Leadership Fellowship (King's Fund, Manchester Business School, HSMC University of Birmingham) and PGC in Leadership and Service Improvement (University of Manchester) completed in 2012. Certificate of Completion of Health Professional Education (National University of Singapore) - completed in Nov 2014

5th October 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

I had been suffering from breathing problems due to a deviated septum for some time and I was referred to Mr Eng. As soon as I saw Mr Eng he put me at ease with his friendly, kind manner and fully explained everything regarding the operation I needed and the aftercare. The operation itself went very smoothly and Mr Eng and his team were very professional and friendly throughout. I am very pleased with the end result as not only has my septum been corrected, Mr Eng also performed some reconstructive surgery on the tip of my nose as it was drooping slightly. As a result (just a few weeks after my operation), I can not only breath better, but my nose also looks more aesthetically pleasing. I saw Mr Eng for a follow up appointment, several weeks after my operation and he was also able to assist me with a different symptom affecting the nerves inside my nose and face. I would thoroughly recommend Mr Eng as he did a marvellous job and he has changed by life for the better, after months of suffering!

2nd October 2017
Written by a patient at Lincoln County Hospital

After lengthy tests ( necessary for this condition) I was diagnosed with a parathyroid adenoma and was seen by Mr Eng at outpatients in February 2017. In error my appointment had been made to see another consultant but staff were able to locate Mr Eng in the hospital who came to see me. I had an excellent consultation were the full process and calculated waiting time were explained. The result was an operation to remove the parathyroid in July 2017. The operation went smoothly and I received great care from the surgical team. No after effects, only 24 hours in hospital and a very neat scar ! Thankyou

30th August 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Lincoln Hospital

Skilled surgeon. Friendly ,helpful and interested.

10th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

After reading the glowing reviews on Mr. Eng's website, I made an appointment to see him as I had breathing problems and I can honestly say that he lives up to his excellent reputation. His approachable and extremely kind manner put me at ease straight away as he explained that I had a deviated septum and would need septorhinoplasty and he also talked me through the other procedures needed prior to the operation (CT Scan, anterior rhinoscopy and flexible nasendoscopy etc.) On the morning of the operation he came to see me and again explained the procedure prior to going into the operating theatre and to see if I had any further questions, as did his excellent and cheerful anaesthetist Mr Ndu Okonkwo. I was able to contact him if necessary through his superb secretary Lesa Bristow, who was always available by telephone or email and who would always respond immediately. I am now able breath properly again and have a fabulous nose with thanks to Mr Eng, a truly talented and skilled professional, who I cannot speak highly enough of and would without a doubt thoroughly recommend. Lady Lynne Sykes

5th May 2017
Written by a patient at BMI The Park Hospital

Mr. Eng was very polite and always smiling. He explained my procedure fairly well although it was necessary to ask the right questions. He was very pleased with the outcome & I appear to have no lasting after effects.

Nearest Otolaryngologists