Northern General Hospital

Herries Road, Sheffield, England, S5 7AU

19th June 2020

I was in Huntsman 5. I can't emphasise enough through the days how lovely, caring, professional and considerate all staff were on all levels of employment. But I'm sorry, could I comment on how ghastly the night staff were? I was getting better but some poorly patients were, well, abused and bullied. I witnessed things that nearly me cry. I was in B2 and in B4 and5 were women that were really ill, one had a broken hip and was shouted at 'you're 51, you're younger than me, stand up, stand, get on your feet'.She was crying and really distressed. Afterwards I went over and said 'yep, I heard all that' and stroked her hair so she knew someone cared. She was called Angela. B4. It was disgusting. Then the 'nurse?' asked me what I thought I was doing? I said 'oh some TLC'. I didn't think the night was the time to address it. Then B5, Jenny, 72, wanted a wee and some help to get to the loo. They wouldn't help her. I asked her if she just wanted a companion to be with her, she said 'yes please'. Then the nurses told me I couldn't...fair enough...but still didn't help or go with her!!! At night, the staff think they're a law to themselves. Get rid of them asap! Loud music, and ASLEEP!!!! Honestly! Some positive things...the food has massively improved! Gorgeous soup!

{{category}} working at Northern General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Northern General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4nb