Northern General Hospital

Herries Road, Sheffield, England, S5 7AU

19th June 2020

I was in Huntsman 5. I can't emphasise enough through the days how lovely, caring, professional and considerate all staff were on all levels of employment. But I'm sorry, could I comment on how ghastly the night staff were? I was getting better but some poorly patients were, well, abused and bullied. I witnessed things that nearly me cry. I was in B2 and in B4 and5 were women that were really ill, one had a broken hip and was shouted at 'you're 51, you're younger than me, stand up, stand, get on your feet'.She was crying and really distressed. Afterwards I went over and said 'yep, I heard all that' and stroked her hair so she knew someone cared. She was called Angela. B4. It was disgusting. Then the 'nurse?' asked me what I thought I was doing? I said 'oh some TLC'. I didn't think the night was the time to address it. Then B5, Jenny, 72, wanted a wee and some help to get to the loo. They wouldn't help her. I asked her if she just wanted a companion to be with her, she said 'yes please'. Then the nurses told me I couldn't...fair enough...but still didn't help or go with her!!! At night, the staff think they're a law to themselves. Get rid of them asap! Loud music, and ASLEEP!!!! Honestly! Some positive things...the food has massively improved! Gorgeous soup!

11th April 2020

my NHS no, 450-399-4506 during this lock down for Covid19, I was informed by my daughter who lives in Mablethorp Lincs, she had received a letter from her GP and from Grimsby hospital, as her daughter has an asthma condition so has been registered at risk, she called worried about me her Dad (me being a transplant patient on immune suppressants) and her younger brother (being a patient with poly-cystic kidneys) to make sure we were registered so we could get help if needed, I called northern General (were I am an outpatient on three to four monthly check up visits) I asked regarding being sent a letter they just referred me to my GP? I find this distressing my normal main point of contact regarding the health and well being of my transplant I now have no contact as the surgery is postponed (understandably) but what I do not understand is the lack of contact from Northern general no Covid19 information or guidelines on what to do if I get any kidney problems during this time? if it is not important why have I been having to have three monthly check ups for blood tests etc since my transplant in 2003? (they just stopped everything nothing! no what to do nothing! they could not even be bothered, but my question is what do I do if I get kidney problems or infections?

{{category}} working at Northern General Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Northern General Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4nb