lincoln-county-hospital

Lincoln County Hospital

Greetwell Road, Lincoln, England, LN2 5QY

21st September 2020

Had an appointment to visit my son in Lincoln Hospital on the 20/9/2020 having travelled many miles arranged with the ward. So pleased to see car parking was free having had a telephone conversation with a most helpful and polite person on the switchboard. As I walked in the main entrance was greeted with. "What are you doing". When I replied I had an appointment to visit my son was told "you cannot visit until 2.55pm". I explained that I had permission to visit before then and offered to phone the ward allowing the person to listen to my call. The person asked the receptionist to do so to which she replied she did not normally do so. She phoned and my story was confirmed. I then visited the ward and found the nurses most helpful. As I left I noted all people with handbags had to empty the contents and they were put into plastic bag to be collected on leaving. I have never experienced such a terrible initial response by staff in an NHS Hospital. No attempt at addressing people's anxiety re COVID-19 and concerns about a loved one. No "good afternoon madame how can I help you". No apology even The most appalling experience.

23rd August 2020

Put on a covid ward with lung cancer, isolated, no working TV, no visitors, brain won't let her concentrate enough to read or knit etc. Left there for a week coz no beds on other wards. Staff uncaring and unsympathetic of 83 yr old struggling to breathe with lung cancer. Dr ripped off her oxygen and said you don't need that anymore. Shortly afterwards the MacMillan nurse found her struggling to breathe with very low sats. And is putting in a complaint. Fluid on her lungs and waited 2 weeks of being told they'd put in a drain, and it's still not happened. When I get her home, I'll not let her go in that place again. She'll die at home holding my hand.

{{category}} working at Lincoln County Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Lincoln County Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4gn