Mr Andrew Morritt

Andrew Morritt is a Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon who trained in Plastic Surgery in the UK, Australia and Canada. He is on the GMC (General Medical Council) Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery in the UK. Mr Morritt works at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital (NHS), the Northern General Hospital (NHS), the Claremont Private Hospital (Private) & the BMI Thornbury Hospital (Private) in Sheffield. Mr Morritt's Specialist interests include Breast reconstruction, Microsurgery, Skin cancer surgery, Sarcoma Surgery, Trauma reconstruction (hand and lower limb) and Cosmetic Surgery. He is actively involved in training the next generation of surgeons and is Surgical Tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Mr Morritt takes patient safety very seriously and is the Lead for Audit and Clinical Effectiveness for Plastic Surgery at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.

2nd February 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

The care and attention I have received from Mr Morritt has been second to none, I was referred to him for my breast reduction operation and I was really scared to begin with but Mr Morritt reassured me and talked me through the procedure. I had a really successful operation and the aftercare has also been fantastic. I'm really greatful to have received the high standard of workmanship from Mr Morritt who really has changed my life.

Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I was referred to Mr Morritt with a lump on my leg by my GP. I had had this painful lump for a while and it was quite a shock when my GP said I had to be referred to Sheffield after undergoing MRI scans and told it could be cancerous. When I met Mr Morritt at my first consultation he firstly reassured me that he had reviewed my scans and was of the opinion it was not cancerous and nothing for me to worry about. He explained in detail what my options were and after a discussion he left the room for me to talk to my daughter for a few minutes to decide whether I wished to have the lump removed. I decided to have it removed and I felt immediately reassured by Mr Morritt's calm approach to the forthcoming surgery as he explained to me what it would entail. I duly returned a couple of weeks later and had the surgery. I had the surgery under local anaesthetic and the procedure was completely pain free and the result excellent. Even in the immediate post operative period I had no pain or problems and what a difference this has made to me. I returned a few weeks later to Mr Morritt's clinic where he gave me the confirmation that the biopsy was not cancerous but was a lump resting on the nerve. Again Mr Morritt fully explained the diagnosis to me and asked if I had any further questions. I was not rushed at all and my whole journey has been stress free and only by the professionalism of Mr Morritt. I have been very lucky indeed to have been treated by such a gentleman and he is a credit to his profession.

Written by a carer at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Dr/Mr Morritt is an absolutely talented, truly caring and compassionate surgeon. Having received the news of my mums breast cancer, my worse fears were lifted after the consultations. All the options and reconstruction routes were discussed very carefully, ensuring mum was happy with the outcome. All throughout the process, his professionalism, attention to details and care were second to none - I definitely feel my mum received the best possible outcome to rival private care, which was only made possible by Dr/Mr Morritt. Thank you for all you have done for my mum, she is extremely happy with her reconstruction and back to her old self again, feeling confident and happy and our family will be forever grateful.

Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Mr Morritt from the very start of me being diagnosed was not only clear and supportive but reassuring and truly cared for my individual needs, lifting my worries and completely putting me at ease like no other doctor I have experienced. His consultancy prior to my operation was clearer and more factual than I thought I would receive, his advice and experience allowed me to select the most suitable option for my condition. Throughout and after my operation, Mr Morritt attended to me and checked on me daily whilst in hospital, ensuring I was recovering well and getting the care I needed from the nursing team. I cannot thank Mr Morritt enough and my words do not do him justice, for he is not only a great surgeon but his caring approach and support is second to none. Even up on receiving my results and after care several weeks after gave me real reassurance that my reconstruction went extremely well and I personally feel my reconstruction looks absolutely amazing, I couldn't have wished for a better result. Thank you very Mr Morritt, I am truly grateful.

Nearest Plastic surgeons