Mr Andrew Morritt

Andrew Morritt is a Consultant Plastic & Reconstructive Surgeon who is on the GMC (General Medical Council) Specialist Register for Plastic Surgery in the UK. Mr Morritt works at the Royal Hallamshire Hospital (NHS), the Northern General Hospital (NHS), the Claremont Private Hospital (Private) & the BMI Thornbury Hospital (Private) in Sheffield. Mr Morritt's Specialist interests include Breast reconstruction, Microsurgery, Skin cancer surgery, Sarcoma Surgery, Trauma reconstruction (hand and lower limb) and Cosmetic Surgery. He is actively involved in training the next generation of surgeons and is Surgical Tutor for the Royal College of Surgeons of England. Mr Morritt takes patient safety very seriously and is the Lead for Audit and Clinical Effectiveness for Plastic Surgery at Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust.

23rd March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

Mr Morritt is without a shadow of a doubt one of the friendliest, caring and trusting Health Care Professionals I have ever encountered. He explained everything 100%, he has a very empathetic nature whilst having a sense of humour too. His work is impeccable and I am overjoyed with the outcome of my surgery. Thanks for everything.

20th March 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

On 31st October 2016, I underwent an operation on my breasts to remove my 15 year old silicone breast implants, and a bilateral breast uplift. I was extremely impressed by my Consultant Surgeon Mr. Andrew Morritt. I found him to be honest, approachable, professional, curteous, highly knowledgeable in answering all my questions, and explaining the procedure with diagrams, so that I could understand what to expect before and after my surgery. Mr Morritt was on hand to answer any queries I had during my recovery, and was very attentive during my stay in hospital and my aftercare. I am delighted with the outcome of my breast uplift, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend Mr. Morritt for breast surgery. I have had no problems such as infection while recovering. I felt I could trus Mr. Morritt, and that I was in safe, capable hands. Mrs. Joanne Gordon.

18th March 2017
Written by a patient at Claremont Private Hospital

From the very start when I met Mr Morritt I was put at ease and informed thoroughly about the procedure I was considering. At the second consultation I had made my mind up that I would be definately having him do my surgery. He had a professional and caring manner who didn't make me feel rushed and explained everything at every stage and reassured me over any concerns. I am very happy with the results of my surgery and from beginning to end I received excellent care with a personal touch and got a very high level of after care. I would highly recommend him to anyone considering surgery.

11th March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

After being told that I needed a mastectomy, I decided that I wanted an immediate reconstruction and was interested in having a SIEA flap reconstruction. I was referred to Mr Morritt who instantly made me feel at ease and instilled me with confidence. He was very clear about what the procedure would entail, what outcome to expect and was honest about the complications that could arise. He spent as much time with me as I needed to enable me to make the decisions about my treatment, nothing was rushed; he made me feel as if I was the only patient he had at that time, and I know how busy he is. I feel very lucky that I am in Sheffield and have access to a surgeon like Mr Morritt as not every plastic surgeon can perform this operation. I cannot speak highly enough of his dedication to getting me the best outcome I could have. He spent hours in surgery and then came back in the early hours of the morning to ensure that I was OK. The first time I looked at the results of my reconstruction I was amazed, in my head I knew that I had had a mastectomy, but my eyes were telling me I hadn't!! The result was incredible and I will be eternally grateful to Mr Morritt. I don't underestimate the psychological effects of having breast cancer and having a mastectomy, but through Mr Morritts skill and care, I still have trouble thinking that any of that happened to me. I have to mention the breast care team at the Hallamshire and say how marvelous they all were. I do think that what helps that close team working is the respect and affection that the team have for Mr Morritt, the other surgeons and each other. If you have the good fortune to have Mr Morritt as your surgeon, you could not be in better hands.

9th March 2017
Written by a patient at Royal Hallamshire Hospital

I had the pleasure of meeting Dr. Morritt when I was referred to him with a large lump on my chest after having an ultra sound and an MRI scan. When he entered the room he made you feel at ease with his friendly manner and big smile on his face. The lump turned out to be a lipo sarcoma and Dr. Morritt reassured me that he was confident it would all be removed with surgery . My surgery went ahead and even right up to me going down he explained everything they were going to do . My two follow up appointments I was reassured that all the cancer was removed. I would recommend Dr. Morritt to any one has he is a credit to his profession. I am very grateful to Dr.Morritt for what he has done for me .Yours sincerely Karen Bradshaw

Nearest Plastic surgeons