Claremont Private Hospital

401 Sandygate Road, Sheffield, England, S10 5UB

31st August 2020

Mr Sachin Salvi is amazing. It has taken me over a year to write this review as it has been busy. That is all down to Mr Salvi. I had been suffering with recurrent dacryocystis for 8 years. Anyone who has had this will know how incredibly painful it is. My final bout was in January 2019. I’m a teacher and my year 11 classes were in the run up to their GCSE exams and as any parent of GCSE students will know, they were beginning to feel the pressure. It was a bad time for a flare up. At this time, I had finally been put on an NHS waiting list for an operation (internal DCR)to reconstruct my tear duct. I went to the GP and received my usual round of antibiotics (Augmentin)that had always worked until this point. The pain continued to worsen and I went to A&E. As my surgery was to be carried out in the ENT department, the eye clinic refused to see me however as the problem was with my tear duct, the ENT department refused to see me. A brilliant nurse shouted at the eye department and they gave in and asked me to return in 2 hours. At this point I was told I had surgery booked and there was nothing else that could be done. I was sent home. By the Sunday it was worse still and I phoned the eye ward and was told to go in. I was given more antibiotics. It did not improve. I searched on the internet and phoned around. I found that the Claremont hospital had an ocular plastic surgeon. I made an appointment on the Thursday evening. As soon as Mr Salvi saw me he knew how much pain I was in and was surprised I had been left with this for 8 years. Mr Salvi found a slot for me by doing some juggling and I had surgery (Extrenal DCR)(dacryocystorhinostory) on the following Monday. I had very little tear duct left by this point and Mr Salvi could only find enough flesh to add one stitch to try to reconstruct my tear duct. He also had to remove some of the bone from my nose as it had been affected due to the many years of infection. I stayed in overnight because it was a bit more complicated and had a bruised face. However the finished result was great and the scarring on my face is barely visible. Since the operation I have had no pain and no infection. My nose is still tingly and my eye is a bit watery. I also have a new party trick where I can blow air out of my tear duct. All of this is a small price to pay to be pain free. Mr Salvi was incredibly kind and generous. He was an incredibly skilled surgeon and was the most amazing doctor I have ever been treated by. I was back on my feet with my year 11 classes in no time. Mr Salvi is truly brilliant.

7th August 2020

Hi I have seen this consultant anaesthetist twice and both times I have been well looked after and he puts you at ease .i had a recent operation and woke with chest pains and he came straight away and checked on me regular and made sure I was ok before he went home.

22nd April 2020

my 4th time at Claremont as an Nhs patient highly satisfield with care and consultants i have had previously. To be honest i felt like my two days i was on holiday the meals were wonderful the staff never flustered all had a smile on faces choose how busy they were i enjoyed tbe experience even tho i was a little anxious about the opertion i definately will absolutely re ommend Claremont to all family and fiends. THANKYOU NHS YOU TRULY ARE ANGELS

19th March 2020

70 year old just returned home after total knee replacement operation. The pre operation assessments were exactly on time ,professional and carried out by friendly staff. The day of operation was very smooth,shown to room (rivelin) at 7-00am ,met with a smile ,explained what would happen and who would visit pre-op. The consultant,anasthesist visited separately and went through what would take place. Walked to theatre ,back in ward bed by 11-30. Nurses excellent,in fact everybody be it reception,theatre assistant,cleaners a credit to Clairmont. And don’t forget the meals and those who serve them,excellent

6th March 2020

I can't offer any guidance re improvements. The visits to Claremont were a pleasure - more or less on time and the whole place seemed slick and co-ordinated.

5th March 2020

This was my second total hip replacement, the previous one also done at the Claremont. I love this place. The care here is superb from consultant to nurses to kitchen staff...all giving their time and attention to every detail. The medical staff are wonderful ....it is how a person should be treated in hospital...with care , consideration and understanding. I have made a very quick recovery and I am sure that is thanks to a great surgical team and caring professional nursing. The wonderful and varied food didn’t hurt either! Seriously...consider a Claremont cookery book! I’d buy it and I am a cook! Thank you all so much.

1st March 2020

The care i recieved was incredible. the staff including nursing staff healthcare assistants the physiotherapist, the ladies who brought he meals, everyone was very caring i coudn't have asked for more. i would certainly recommend Claremont Private Hospital to anyone who needs surgery.The meals are delicious.

29th January 2020

I had neck surgery at this hospital in December 2019. The hospital is absolutely spotless! I had no concerns there whatsoever. The staff were so lovely and yet very professional! Nothing was too much trouble. I would highly recommend this hospital!

23rd January 2020

Fantastic place . Highly recommend

23rd January 2020

The staff at The Clairmont are all genuinely happy and that makes a really lovely experience! The nurses and ward staff were just lovely, caring, attentive, and I felt very well looked after! Everyone I came into contact with wanted to make my experience a good one! The hospital was clean and bright! The food was fantastic although I didn't feel up to eating much so the chef actually made me food sepa to make sure I eat! I'd definitely go back!

{{category}} working at Claremont Private Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Claremont Private Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb3wv