Mr Abhiram Sharma

General and Colorectal Surgeon special interest in minimally invasive surgery including laparoscopic surgery and TEMS/TAMIS pelvic floor surgery IBD surgery including ileoanal pouch open and laparoscopic hernia surgery laparoscopic cholecystectomy

16th December 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I am delighted to be writing this 100th five star review for Mr Sharma, the Consultant Surgeon who removed my colon cancer three weeks ago. In addition to his surgical skills, he is a kind and caring man who explains things slowly, clearly and kindly, drawing diagrams while being respectful of his patient's shock and fear. He was as reassuring as the processes enabled him to be, which helped greatly. I am expected to fully recover and to say I am grateful is a huge understatement. Very many thanks Mr Sharma.

11th December 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I was referred to Mr A Sharma by another caring and compassionate consultant who I would state had the same integrity and patient care focus as his fellow colleague with the exception that he believed that Mr Sharma, an expert in the field of colorectal and pelvic floor surgery was the best physician to treat me, and I can add he wasn’t wrong! Before I met with Mr Sharma concerning my long term chronic health condition, I had always felt that I was in a ‘revolving door’ where I was prescribed the same general medication time and time again and even when I finally met with a GI doctor who carried out further investigations that found the reason for my deterioration, I was told that there was a solution but I didn’t qualify for it and therefore, I felt I was abandoned and told to see my GP should I experience anything further. At the consultation with Mr Sharma, his whole persona made me feel completely at ease. He showed me dignity and respect whilst listening to me explain my medical background, and emanated empathy by understanding that I had suffered physically and emotionally over many years, and that all I wanted was to improve my quality of life. We spoke about my condition at length, and he explained in layman’s terms that what I was experiencing was treatable. To feel that for once someone in the medical world actually wanted to help improve my quality of life was so uplifting, and upon leaving this consultation with a new prescription that included the medical aid that I was refused by the previous GI doctor made me believe that I was now being treated by the right professional who has the expertise to support my condition. Six months after my original consultation, I went back to see Mr Sharma and updated him on my health condition. We agreed at the first meeting that my health condition would always present a challenge but with his expert knowledge, and the continued support from my present GP surgery, I have an improved quality of life. At this follow up appointment, Mr Sharma and I agreed that I am now able to manage my health condition, and I am happy to be discharged back to my GP with the reassurance that should my condition change in the future, he would be very happy to see me again. Overall, being referred to Mr A Sharma by my previous colorectal consultant has been life changing for me as I now feel that I have regained control of a long standing health problem. "Mr Sharma, thank you deeply and sincerely for your time and support and for finally stopping the ‘revolving door!".

10th December 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Mr Sharma came to me in my hospital bed and explained in detail the procedure and the recovery time. That if there was to be a delay and what the reason would be, i e. An emergency came in overnight. He has a lovely bedside manner and was very caring. Lovely man.

16th November 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

Last year I have been diagnosed with a fissure, haemorrhoids and a fistula. All of this developed very fast in a few months and the pain was so unbearable. I was in so much unbelievable pain that I have booked an appointment with doctor Sharma at a private hospital as the GP was so unhelpful and would give me various creams and suppositories that would not work at all. Dr Sharma was so patient and understanding and explained what would be best for me. He assessed me in a considerate gentle way and correctly diagnosed me. Dr Sharma prescribed a really good glyceryl trinitrate cream that healed my fissure and moved me on the NHS. Initially he’s done haemorrhoids banding for me and then when I developed the fistula he operated me this year and literally fixed me! The level of professionalism was amazing! Dr Sharma, the consultant and the nurses have been very attentive, caring and altogether amazing on the day of the operation. Not only this but the operation was a success and healing fast and well. The pain after the operation was minimal and in comparison to the initial pain was nothing. All the experience was amazing and all went incredibly well considering how nervous I was. Thank you Dr Sharma I am very grateful for your help and very happy that there are doctors like yourself out there that would literally bring back one’s health. What a great health system with great caring staff!

9th November 2018
Written by a patient at Wythenshawe Hospital

I highly recommend Mr Sharma who took over my care one week prior to my surgery date due to my Consultant injuring his hand. He arranged for an immediate appointment to ensure that I understood exactly what the procedure involved in my operation for Bowel Cancer. He explained every detail and drew diagrams so I could see what he was going to do and why. Mr Sharma was happy to answer any questions that I had and alleviated any fears and concerns. He did a brilliant job of my surgery using the Laparoscopic procedure from which I have recovered well and he arranged for my follow up appointment shortly after. I am very happy and grateful to Mr Sharma for stepping in at such short notice.

Short link to review Mr Abhiram Sharma: http://iwgc.net/ef2fo