miss-poorna-abeysiri-mrcsed-m-med-ed-frcophth

Miss Poorna Abeysiri MRCS(Ed), M Med Ed, FRCOphth

28th June 2022

I have all ways had excellent treatment from Ms Abeysiri over a lot of years

21st June 2022

My first Ophthalmology appointment at the hospital and this doctor gave me time and explained what she was doing and why.

19th June 2022

Miss Poorna Abeysiri is an excellent skilled consultant who is very approachable & goes above and beyond to help her patients as I have experienced myself and seen to others since being placed into her clinic. As my glaucoma pressure was no longer being controlled by the combination maximum medication Miss Abeysiri advised that I needed to undergo a surgery procedure to retain my sight. The risks were explained and I agreed to the recommended trabeculectomy operation under general anaesthetic. Surgery on my left eye was on 9th May at King Georges Hospital, Miss Abeysiri and the team of nurses/anaesthetist were very caring & reassuring throughout before & after the operation & in the recovery ward. I feel very fortunate to have received such good care. I have had 4 follow-up appointments too date & my left eye pressure is at 10 units without any glaucoma medication & clear vision returns as eye heals, thank you. Nick Rickett

19th June 2022

I found Dr Abeysiri to be kind and attentive. She listened to my concerns and explained her recommended change in my treatment. She spoke clearly. I felt confident in her. She was empathetic. She arranged a follow up appointment to check the effect of the new drops.

Written by a NHS patient at King George Hospital
7th June 2022

I’m 85 and had cataract surgery yesterday - This lady was absolutely lovely very professional in her ways and very caring - she explained everything to me and said if I didn’t understand anything she would go through it again - she totally put me at ease as I was feeling a little nervous.

Miss Abeysiri is a Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon at Barking, Havering and Redbridge University Hospitals NHS Trust where she provides a general NHS ophthalmology service and specialist services in cataract and glaucoma. She has held posts with the Royal College of Ophthalmologists as College Tutor, Regional Advisor and Fellowship Examiner and is the Clinical Lead for Glaucoma. She has over 10 years of service as an NHS consultant and extensive experience in cataract and glaucoma surgery, including high-volume, phacoemulsification cataract surgery and complex cataract surgery using extra-capsular and intra-capsular techniques with very good results.She has completed fellowship training in glaucoma and cornea and cataract and has experience from Moorfields Eye Hospital and The Western Eye Hospital, UK and Dunedin University Hospital, New Zealand. She undertakes all forms of cataract surgery including complex, high-risk cataract surgery and refractive cataract surgery for reduction of spectacle dependence and all forms of glaucoma surgery including trabeculectomy filtration surgery and minimally invasive glaucoma surgery. She treats all common conditions such as dry eyes and blepharitis and undertakes minor operations of the eyelids such as surgery on lid cysts.

Nearest Ophthalmologists

Short link to review Miss Poorna Abeysiri MRCS(Ed), M Med Ed, FRCOphth: http://iwgc.net/ee8nf