king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

Review of Outpatients Department, written by a patient
17th November 2019

Some of the machines were not working and out of order. Please maintain the same.

Review of Breast Radiology, written by a patient
15th November 2019

was a patient yesterday on elm breast unit cannot fault the care given was there 5 hours but had all scans done and went home with results as well fantastic service

14th November 2019

It is the worse experience of my life as my son was at the A and E for 4hrs and we had to self discharge without being seen.very very very poor service.i regret ever going at all

Review of Outpatients Department, written by a patient
13th November 2019

The Outpatient facilities at King George Hospital have greatly improved. The reception staff are efficient but could be a bit more friendly. The nursing staff are lovely. Kind and caring. The Registrar I saw was very efficient but I had a bit of difficulty understanding him due to his accent.

Review of Accident & Emergency, written by a family member
11th November 2019

I work as a specialist nurse at the Trust, and unfortunately found myself needing to spend my day off in KGH A&E with my 82yr old Dad following an unexpected cardiac event at the weekend. It is very different taking on the role of an anxious relative, and my Dad is a big ‘avoider’ of hospitals - so between us we were a bit of challenge! However we were treated throughout with the utmost compassion and consideration with smiling faces, and a dose of humour helping to ease my Dads nervousness. We were kept up to date with the various tests, and results, and the relevant referrals for follow up have been arranged. Particular thanks to lovely Nurse Lucy who made us smile and feel at ease, and the very professional and compassionate Dr Doreen who coordinated the care...and was a very good listener. We thank you all.

Doctor communication

Review of Holly, written by a patient
11th November 2019

I would like to thank the nurses and doctors in Emergency Reception Area and all the nurses (and doctors) in Holly Ward. They made me feel at ease and their care was excellent. I have sent a thank you card to Holly Ward and to the Emergency Reception Area thanking them. I wish I could say the same about the food. This, at least as far as I was concerned, was of poor quality. I can understand that this is not the fault of the hospital but is probably more likely to be lack of funding. I suspect it might be the same in all hospitals. Other patients seemed to be enjoying the food! My husband brought me sandwiches and fruit so didn't miss out. As a vegetarian, I like to know how food is produced, tend to eat free range organic. Please convey my thanks to the staff for the excellent care I received.

Review of Urology Receiving Room, written by a patient
11th November 2019

The doctors seem keen to do what is expected of them for a good review, you get the feeling they are not being genuine but simply ticking the boxes. They are also extremely sensitive to any matters that may result in litigation and as such, limit the available treatment if past procedures have been carried out by other trusts. I believe that the care of the patient should be paramount not thee fear of litigation within the NHS

Parent Dignity

Suitable Location
Review of Accident & Emergency - Children's,
10th November 2019

I only went to Queens A&E this website won't let me review that alone.

Review of Integrated Therapy Outpatients, written by a patient
9th November 2019

Aoife my hand therapist was excellent. She gave clear guidance on the exercises I should do and recommended equipment such as theraputty and weights to use. The result is that through following the programme exactly, my wrist and hand are pretty much back to normal. The only thing I could think of that might improve things is if the service were able to provide the equipment for people to borrow as some people might find the cost of acquiring theraputty, weights etc prohibitive.

Review of Outpatients Department, written by a family member
9th November 2019

Its a big hospital so we allowed time to get to the appointed place. The appointment was on time and we were dealt with efficiently and by a very friendly booking in team of admin and nursing staff. We were directed a couple of times by random uniformed staff as we were unsure which direction to go - both staff members called lifts / opened doors and were clearly on their way to somewhere else but took the time to help. Hospitals are not the best places to be, but our experience was made pleasant by such helpful people - thank you !!

Filter reviews by care type

Filter reviews by reviewer type

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev