king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 158,526 reviews

30th November 2021

I have cancer and told staff and was told to line up outside where the weather was -1c for 30mins before being allow inside. Was in resuscitation ward where I was left for 8 1/2 hours unable to have my CT scan reports. Was told that the department was over run but there was only me and another patient there for 8 1/2 hours. Staff chatting and left me for ages before seeing to me. Had a blood test and the Dr left the elastic band around my leg for 20 mins before the nurse removed it. Dr on duty was rude and uncooperative. Discharged myself in the end, and still won’t know if I have internal bleeding or breaks in my body due to the hospitals incompetence of not being able to send my Ct scan report. Will never come to king George’s a&e again. Newham and Barts hospital is truly a cut above to rest compared to king George’s. I truly believe that the hospital should be closed down.

More care and attention, empathy towards patients. Ct department needs to up their game and report within a few hours

30th November 2021

It was a really good experience, apart from the long wait time. Although this was made better by the provision of free tea :-) The staff were all fantastic.

Shorter wait time. I appreciate this is difficult to achieve.

30th November 2021

The staff were lovely but obviously overworked. It seemed very chaotic but the organisation must have been there as I was dealt with albeit with much waiting around. There wasn’t enough cubicles and I had a consultation in a room that was little more than a broom cupboard. I was waiting in a corridor, and my actual treatment (glueing if head injury) was done in the middle of a waiting area. I was walked to the CT scan by a lively member of staff who advised if I had waited for a porter I could have waited anywhere between 20 mins to 2 hours which is why she walked me there

I have no complaints of the staff or treatment but waiting time we’re very long, I was there a total of 8 hours. More waiting rooms and treatment cubicles, more porters and obviously more staff

Review of Children & Young People’s Assessment Unit (CYPAU),

Nothing.

freezing

Parent Dignity
Suitable Location
30th November 2021

Great staff, however a 12 hour wait in an A&E waiting room when you don’t feel well is such an awful experience. It was cold, they offered tea and coffee which was good but no food and the snack machine was broken. And you couldn’t leave for some respite without losing your place. The delay was due to staff shortages rather than an overwhelming amount of patients, as for the last 4 hours there were only 11 of us patients remaining. I could have come back at 5am as no additional patients came in after that time.

Food, drinks and blankets and pillows offered. The ability to go home and return back at an allotted time, when you know that the wait is going to be as long as 12 hours, should be offered. Instead of paying for multitudes of security to tell me which dot to stand on when queuing (something I can manage to do myself) please spend that money on hiring more medical staff who can treat patients. I feel that minors could take care of some more of the majors patients also, such as my chest infection or someone else’s butterfly stitches, I’m not sure that majors was necessary in those situations.

30th November 2021

Pathetic level of service, I had to wait 18 hrs in emergency to get seen by doctor, I mean seriously?? What's the point having to go into emergency then??

You guys know what's wrong, put more doctors than nurses

29th November 2021

I went into A&E at 3pm with severe abdominal pain. My partner wasn’t aloud in with me although I couldn’t walk and no wheelchairs were available. The security guards said they’d help me get to where I needed, they never. They were letting groups of 5 people come into the hospital for an appointment but my partner wasn’t aloud in with me when I could barely walk. Eventually they allowed him to stay with me. I then got seen by a doctor at around 5pm, he took my bloods, my urine & an ultrasound. I then wasn’t seen by another doctor until about 12am which she then told me my infection levels are very high and I’ve got a urine infection which has led to my kidneys. I then asked her about my ultrasound results & she told she that she didn’t know I had done an ultrasound and she was going to check and I was told I’d need to be admitted in as I was at high risk of sepsis. At 2am I was given antibiotics through the drip, & seen by another doctor at 2:30am which mentioned my infection hadn’t gone to my kidneys and that they were fine and I didn’t need stay in hospital. My partner had already left and gone home to which they then discharged me at 3:30am and left me stranded and I had to get a cab home and I wasn’t allowed to wait for the cab inside the hospital due to covid. The only person that helped was a lady called Vicky (I’m not if she was a nurse but she was fairly young and had ginger hair & a red tabard on) she was running around like a headless chicken making sure the Patients were being looked after and was getting anything they needed like painkillers etc. this lady needs a pay rise and the recognition she deserves!

Allow at least one person in with the patient in A&E. check patients notes properly Check the patient is okay and explain they are extremely busy at the moment and not leave the patient sitting in A&E for hours without discussing what is happening.

29th November 2021

I was treated very well, from those who helped me queue and when I booked in at A&E reception. Everyone was very kind. Even playing Magic FM helped me feel calm and being able to have a coffee free of charge when I waited up to 6 hours.

I waited 6 hours, so if the wait could have been less, it would have been better.

29th November 2021

My mum had a mini stroke and we was left in minors for 10 hours It seemed we was forgotten I had to remind the sister my mum had a suspected stroke. The doctor who helped us was brilliant, kind. Exceptional doctor. The man who looked like grant Mitchell who did mums blood test was very chatty and put our minds at rest. I understand the staff are over worked and over stretched but I do think we waited too long.

Not kept us waiting for so long seeing it was a mini stroke.

29th November 2021

it was awful the waiting was ridiculous and had to walk out

sort ur appointment system out

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev