king-george-hospital

1 2 3 4 5 151,421 reviews

Review of Iris Ward, written by a patient
23rd September 2020

Satisfaction:
Because a nurse was standing over me with a hammer watching what l wrote (only Joking)Allison Pearson a columnist with the daily telegraph recently wrote after a bad hospital experience “have British nurses had the kindness trained out of them”.l don’t know which hospital she went too but it wasn’t king George barley lane where it was 5 star treatment all the way

Improvement:
Nothing.as mentioned 5 star treatment all the way. A big thank you to Mr Ballaro and his team and all on iris ward

20th September 2020

Satisfaction:
This feedback is for the Elm Ward team at King George Hospital.... Mr Ojo (consultant), Jo Dymonk, Dr Ali and Sue Whisker. As you can imagine I was thinking the worst during this experience (although still waiting for full results) and was a in complete a state of devastation. Due to covid i was by myself and the nurses were ever so lovely, kind, warm and and supportive. I could see the department was under strain on that day as the patients were all complaining but the team members remained calm and compassionate to all staff. The team mentioned inpaticular Jo, Dr Ali and Sue Whister got me through a very dark and difficult moment in my life so far on that day and they should be incredibly proud of the care and life changing support they provide.

Nothing....

11th September 2020

I have no complaints whatsoever, however it should be noted that due to the Covid19 virus I was treated in the Spire Hartswood hospital Brentwood, Essex.

11th September 2020

Satisfaction:
Very friendly staff and consultant. Explained everything to me and put my mind at ease. Lovely surroundings and very good covid-19 procedures in place.

Improvement:
Couldn't have done anything better, really good service.

Review of Rheumatology Outpatients, written by a patient
8th September 2020

Satisfaction:
Received appointment for face to face consultation in the afternoon the day before 9.30am appointment, i.e., less than 24 hours notice!! Unable to get phone answered, so advised by online form completion that I couldn't attend. Heard nothing more!! Letter received a week later saying as I failed to attend I've been discharged back to GP!! Totally unfair. Not enough notice given to be able to attend appointment, and unable to contact anyone to advise. I shall request a different hospital in future, especially as I have moved away, and don't live in the borough anymore. Terrible service. The clinical personnel I did encounter while undergoing various tests before my appointment, however, were exemplary!!! Couldn't fault them at all.

Improvement:
More notice needs to be given for appointments. You cannot expect someone to organise their family life and work commitments at such short notice. Phones need to be answered!! Online form submissions need to be actioned!! I received an email notification that the online form had been submitted, and then heard nothing more, until letter received to tell me I'd been discharged!!

7th September 2020

Satisfaction:
Everyone very nice. Good safety measures for covid.

Nothing.

Review of Accident & Emergency, written by a patient
27th August 2020

I had a fall yesterday, dislocated my shoulder and at the advice of the girl on 111 attended King George A an E at around 6pm. From the security man who helped me with the sanitiser, to the triage doctor , to the receptionist, to the nurse who gave me an initial diagnosis, to the lovely doctors who clicked my shoulder back in place, to the porters who wheeled me to X ray, to the x ray technicians I would like to say a huge thank you. This is fortunately my first visit to A and E, and hopefully my last, but these staff are a credit to the hospital and make me very proud of the NHS service to which it has been my pleasure to contribute as a taxpayer for the last 54 years. God bless each and every one of you.

Review of ITU (Intensive Care Unit), written by a patient
19th August 2020

I was admitted on the 2 July - 6 July. All the doctors surgeons I saw explained everything fully and took me through step by step the surgeon's did a fantastic job and being able to minimize the pain was a great help in my recovery. Once admitted into the ICU unit all the staff that attended to me over the day's and nights were first class their attention to me and my needs was very grateful. Big thank you to all the nurses 2nd July - 8 July. Nothing to fault.

Communication
Review of ITU (Intensive Care Unit), written by a patient
19th August 2020

Very attentive and caring. Good at keeping spirits up.

Communication

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev