king-george-hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 151,353 reviews

Review of Accident & Emergency - Children's,
27th June 2020

After leaving King georges today me and my family feel nothing but outrage as to how we were treated, after ringing 111 about seeing blood after our 3 year old wiped her privates after going to the toilet we was given an out of hours appointment at King georges and told it was important she was seen within 12 hours, with that we turn up to our appointment 20 mins early and seen after quite the wait wich is never unusual, we then get called in to see someone who point blank refused to examine our daughter claiming that she is fine and that we are lying, quite frustrated I told the doctor that isn't good enough as we have waited and this could be quite important to just ignore to wich she replied then you will have to wait for someone else to see you, so we wait finally get seen and all of a sudden this doctor goes to the very next extreme and starts asking if she feels safe at home and continues to ask more intrusive questions wich I believe could be quite damaging for a 3 year old to answer ! These questions were not ever ran by me or did I ever give consent for my daughter to have to experience this! The doctors then start to whisper between themselves how this NOW has to be treated seriously and continue to ask me and my daughter pressing and intrusive questions making us both very uncomfortable, little to my knowledge my fiancé who has been waiting in the car for us has come and asked for us and was told we was waiting on blood tests wich was never carried out, the doctor made out that my daughter was sexually abused to wich I am outraged ! I cannot believe we went from being refused to be examined to being told our daughter has been sexually assaulted ! Only after seeing my response and upset did they beleive that this wasn't the case and asked me to ask my daughter weather she had knocked herself or fallen ! We would all like answers to why this is how this hospital is treating people when they come in for help and why they find it necessary to also lie to the father about the situation!

Parent Dignity
Suitable Location
23rd June 2020

I had a nightmarish six hours of being sent from A to B to C to D to E at Queen's Hospital A&E, with absolutely no communication as to what is happening or about to happen to me. I was not treated with dignity and was only given the luxury of informed consent when I asked for it. It can be easy to forget that the patient is a human being in such a busy and stressful working environment, and that is exactly what happened to me.

9th June 2020

I was poorly with covid19, visited A&E, on 1st visit I was admitted (A&E service was good), transferred to a ward but within an hour I was discharged home. The DR said I will be comfortable in my own bed even though I was poorly with pneumonia. On my 2nd visit (week later) to A&E x-ray and blood test showed no significant changes from previous week and this time I had fluid in my lungs no medication was given and sent home. Having chronic cough, chest pain and breathing difficulties and not getting right medical help my family decided to take me to WX four days later where I had x-ray, blood test and CT scan. CT scan showed I had fluid around my heart!!! I had two lots of antibiotic from WX, I started feeling better soon. KGH sent me home to DIE!!! I am not sure why MAU discharged me home if I was told that I needed to stay 3-4 days and Medical team came to A&E to assess me!!!

Doctor communication
Review of Holly, written by a carer
30th May 2020

Have concerns about the care on this ward. Doctors are great as are some of the nurses however some nurses/care assistants are rude to patients and visitors. Weekends are particularly bad - staffing levels low. I have witnessed staff shouting at patients and showing little respect. I would like to remind them that they will be old one day and should think about how they would like to be treated themselves.

24th May 2020

Communication and empathy don't appear to be high on the agenda at this hospital in our experience with the exception of Dr Arez Mohamed. It is our experience that when the staff generally come across an elderly patient who may require a little more time and consideration, they respond with total indifference and apathy, seeing them as very much towards the end of their life rather than a much loved family member.

23rd May 2020

I have been to the A&E twice, once during the COVID 19 situation and both times I have been looked after according to tht seriousness of my illness. One even resulting in a emergency surgery. Everything was nice.

4th May 2020

I attended King George with what turned out to be a broken clavicle sustained in a fall. I was in a lot of pain and feeling very shaky. On the positive side there were very few patients and so I was seen very quickly and the nurses were polite. On the negative side, the radiology department seemed to be indifferent to the impossibility of putting on a gown without help when you have an injured shoulder. At no point did any of the staff follow the 'Hello... I am...' protocol even though there were posters up to remind them so I was unsure if I was seeing a nurse or a doctor. I was given a telephone follow up appointment that did not take place. I have spent all morning trying to contact the hospital and have been given several different numbers which remain unanswered and finally disconnect. I have not been given any indication as to the extent of the injury , how long I am likely to be incapacitated or what, if any , action I should be taking to aid recovery. I know this is a stressful time for the NHS and I regret adding to your workload by having to write this report.

30th April 2020

The hospital is ok. Dr Snooks did my fathers surgery and was excellent along with his team.

#sayThankYou

I was feeling very unwell due to my chest infection in lot of pain ,advised by Gp to go to A&Because of the Covid 19 they are not seeing patients face to face. I was amazed to see how staff is handling this stressful time in A&E .from security Guards ,Nurses, Receptionist, Doctors. They have been more compassionate, caring to calm patients. Huge thank you to all Nhs workers. I was sent to get tested for covid 19.I was really sacred but the minute i stepped in the Major A&E I wanan salute to all the staff. They were making every patient comfortable and reassuring them that everything will be fine. I was checked by very friendly Nurse and Doctor. I am so grateful that they are not scared of you because you went to them to get tested for coronavirus. Had the best,professional care . Good news was giving to me that I can go home with antibiotics. No coronavirus though. My heart melted to see them working so hard. Lots of prayers for every single one of them ,May God keep you safe and healthy that you can enjoy life with your family after all this over. Can't say thank you enough for providing high standard care to me and my family for over 2 decades.

17th April 2020
17th April 2020

I visited a&e on Wednesday the 8th April 2020 and although the set out was different due to the Coronavirus, I cannot fault the staff on how well they managed handling patients and the care given, right from the security guard who recognised I was in a lot of pain and in a bad way helping me to be comfortable wand bringing me a chair to wait in line, to a coupe of doctors who walked past and phoned through recognising I was in a lot of pain and really unwell to find out how long the wait was. All the way through to being admitted and how my treatment was handled over the course of a few days by many members of staff. They all worked tirelessly and with enthusiasm to help each and every patient. Many many thanks.

Doctor communication

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev