king-george-hospital

King George Hospital

Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex England, IG3 8YB

1 2 3 4 5 153,404 reviews

23rd September 2021

The staff of King George A&E and Heather ward, I was in bay 4, amazing, so professional kind and knowledgeable. They saved me!

For my care, personally. Nothing. My treatment was first class by, and that involves every member of NHS staff I encountered during my stay. Amazing.

22nd September 2021

Because I was very worried as I had never stayed so long inside a hospital worried about my heart and the treatment I would be given when I arrived I was very scared and because there was a lot of waiting around it was making me very nervous but I knew the way I was feeling I couldn’t leave but I spoke to a few nurses who reassured me that I would be ok and I would be taken care of and that helped me so much to the point that my heart and mind settled down and I wasn’t so tense.

The security at the hospital were a bit rude demanding that we clean our hands and queue up out in the freezing cold even though a lot of us wasn’t well at all with nowhere to sit or cover up from the wind that was really unsettling as we queues for four hours .and people weren’t happy and we’re getting quite angry.

22nd September 2021

Fantastic medical care . Great nurses , kind and compassionate , and great doctors . Lovely ladies at the reception desk . Awful security guards , unkind, unprofessional with no compassion, terrible .

Less paper work for medical staff - doctors , nurses . Patients would be seen much faster which could save more lives and massively reduce queues.

22nd September 2021

Lots of security around the hospital which looks terrifying at first when you enter a hospital to seek for help , with very unwell person beside you . Security guards are very serious , unhelpful makes you feel like you have done something wrong just by entering the hospital . Security staff are very unprofessional and showing no compassion towards the sick and unwell . I spent 10 hours in the waiting room with a sick elderly person , enough to witness how they behave , absolutely terrifying. The reason I gave 4 stars is because nurses , doctors and all medical staff are absolutely amazing ! Nurses are little angels , compassionate and always happy to help . Doctors are fantastic , very polite compassionate and communicative . I can't be thankful enough for their kindness and professionalism. Ladies at the reception desk are very helpful and polite also . I would give 5* easily for this hospital , but security guards are showing poor understanding where they work and are very unkind and unprofessional.

If for any chance hospital management would reduce some paper work for medical staff ( nurses and doctors ) , patients would see doctors much quicker and potentially that could save more lives the queues would be reduced in a blink of an eye .

21st September 2021

The doctor that I was on the sunday night was very helpful, he continued to help me when I bumped into him on the Monday morning too.

The seats in the a & e waiting room are awful, I had back pain and I left with extra back pain. There are softer seats around the hosiptal so you should move these into that department. I had to return the next day for a scan, however I had to wait 3 hours for the results, bit too long just for a 5 min chat and after i waited 5 hours the night before. There was also a mental health man there, he was shouting and chucking himself on the floor, this went on for most the time that I was there. I think maybe these people to be seen with urgency as they are very disruptive and when you sick this really doesn't make you feel better, he gave me a add headache

21st September 2021

On arrival with my 90 year old mother, we were told we should not go there. 111 told us to as Queens were overflowing. Lack of communication all round. Security reprimanded for allowing people in but they had not been told to stop people. Seen by a nurse then referred to A+E.

Better communication as to why the lengthy wait. Arrived at approx 10pm and left approx 6.30am on Monday morning, a long time for a 90 year old.

Unprofessional reception , long waiting hours ,

The hospital can do better if there are more doctors. Night staff receptionist should have more knowledge of her job . Using appropriate words when dealing with patients who are suffering with there conditions and treat each and every patient with dignity and respect without forgetting that they are in pain . The reception told me that it’s my choice to come to hospital when I ask her about the waiting time .coming to hospital is not a choice it’s a need . I had to wait more than 8 hours to be treated. I am a single parent leaving my child on her own all night.

20th September 2021

Although I was informed if the next step I woujd gave like to have been communicated with during the long wait as at times I asked if they had forgotten me. Staff extremely caring.

Given sone idea of the timescale between each pricess. Eg to see Triarge. How long the wait is fir blood test. How long after the blood test could I reasonably expect to see the Doctor.

20th September 2021

The receptionists were not so kind and helpful to the patients and they were very annoyed whenever a patient would go up to enquire when they’d ask about when they’d be seen. The wait time was changed from 4 hours to 8 hours and understandably, many patients were frustrated and agitated as they weren’t being updated as to why there waiting period was being extended. As a response to a patient enquiring as to what’s going on, instead of being polite - the receptionists reply was “there’s people dying back there.”, though this is true, it made the patient feel hurt and guilty for being ill and even having the need to come to the A&E; I believe that nobody should ever have to feel that way. Similarly, another patient went to the receptionist, saying that they had been waiting to be seen for 10 hours - instead of explaining to them why the delay or when they’d be seen, the response was “well the other day people waited for 14 hours.” This reply doesn’t justify the delay of that day and nor was it appropriate to say. In a similar manner, after many hours of waiting - when I asked about if my results had come in, I was told that it didn’t matter because I haven’t waited the full 8 hours. This wasn’t very nice and I don’t think that treatment should be given to patients depending on how long they’ve waited.

I think that staff should be much kinder and more respectful to patients, considering that many of them have left sick children, infants at home and there are others who are afraid of going to the doctors alone. Receptionists should be welcoming to patients and should update them regularly if there are delays etc. which would be inevitable.

Review of Dahlia Ward,
20th September 2021

I want to mention Tim , from Japonica Ward . I was waiting for the COPE Team all day long , to change my bandage and clean the surgery area ! At 16:00 I called the Hospital again , to ask about the delay , Tim answered and told me to come to the Hospital because he will take care of my problem !! I was so happy and so relieved. I took a cab and I got there . He arrived with the wheel chair , we talked about my condition , about football matches , we had few laughters and he did a wonderful job on my hip joint !! Great human being , 7 star professionalism . Thank you Tim !!!

During the night shift….maybe you should step by the patient’s bed more often .

Communication nurse

{{category}} working at King George Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review King George Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4ev