dr-david-rawaf

Dr David Rawaf

Written by a carer at St Helier Hospital
2nd September 2020

What an amazing and caring Doctor! My poor mum was brought in with a suspected broken hip and we did see a few doctors who were also very good but Dr Rawaf had such a lovely manor and really explained what was going on with my mum. He pushed for her to have a CT scan which confirmed what she had. He was so gentle with mum as she was in so much pain but really took care of her. He is doing the NHS proud! Many thanks again.

Written by a patient at St Helier Hospital
7th August 2020

The first part of my visit to the A&E was very underwhelming in my interaction with the first doctor (not David Rawaf) I got to speak to about my issue (a small metallic foreign body lodged under the knee cap). This first interlocutor did not seem to listen to my explanation while subsequently implying that I was making her loose time, that I was confusing and making it difficult and that neither her not my GP would take this foreign body out. (probably not the place to share this feedback for someone else but it is probably meaningful for the experience of A&E as a whole) After the X-Ray, I was directed to Dr. David Rawaf. He looked from the start more concerned, actively listening, positive in his attitude and determined to attempt to remove it. He was very thorough, confident, attentive both in his preparation and during the procedure. I really appreciated how he kept me informed of what he was doing / about to do as well as the efforts he made / concern he put in making it more than just interaction for a treatment/procedure, entertaining some warm and friendly small talk amongst the more factual informations he communicated. After the procedure his explanations of what to do next were very clear (gp, vaccination check, antibiotics, etc). Eventually, while he had to make a small incision, the wound is not painful at all and seem to be healing well. I know comments on areas to improve are important, however as much as I could experience I have been very satisfied by the care provided by Dr. David Rawaf in every aspects.

Dr David Rawaf was awarded the iWantGreatCare certificate of excellence in 2020 for delivering outstanding care.

• Emergency Medicine
  • Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery
  • Public Health

:: MBBS (MD), BSc (Hons), MSc (Orthopaedics Trauma Science, pending) :: WHO Collaborating Centre, Imperial College :: Honorary Clinical Knee Research Fellow, North Hampshire Hospitals :: A+E LAS ST3, University College London Hospitals :: Core Surgical Trainee 2019 - 2021, Epsom + St Helier University Hospitals, Kingston Hospital

Nearest Emergency medicine specialists