Dr David Austin

• Gastroenterology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

1st March 2018
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

I consulted Dr.Austin concerning my Undiagnosed abdominal pain and discomfort, I found Jayne my first contact very helpful and reassuring. The consultation appointment with Dr.Austin and follow up, was thorough, I felt listened to, with no rushed process at any stage. The investigation CT was accessed quickly, as were the results, and within less than two weeks from my first appointment I had a follow up appointment with the outcome of my investigation, I would recommend Dr Austin, together with Jayne to anyone who is concerned about their health. I was seen at The One Hospital in Ashford, which provides good facilities too.

22nd September 2017
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

i've been diabetic now for a very long time and my old surgery you couldn't get blood out of a stone nor was the care good, but since I've moved here by a friend that recommended them its the best surgery and doctors, and staff are first class the care they all show it 100%, I would recommend this surgery to anyone and everyone that's not here already. plus I've seen other doctors and nurse at this surgery and I've never had a phone call to see how I'm doing from my last surgery but at larwood not only do they phone you at home but also via my mobile, I can't think of anything else but to say a massive big thank you to all the staff at this surgery.

22nd March 2016
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

A trip to hospital can be very stressful at the best of times so I was not relishing investigations into an on-going gastric problem. However, I need not have worried quite so much because I felt immediately reassured by my initial appointment with Mr David Austin at St Saviours Hospital. He took time to listen to my concerns and to review my symptoms. His manner was most professional but also compassionate – I felt that I mattered. It was decided that a gastroscopy would help to provide a more accurate diagnosis and help to eliminate further anxiety. I opted for the procedure to take place in the new suite of treatment rooms at the William Harvey Hospital. I also chose to be sedated beforehand and can honestly say that I remember nothing about the whole experience apart from the nurse holding my hand at the start and Dr Austin calmly asking how I was feeling at the end. All in all, I felt that I was given the very best of care by this gastroenterologist.

8th March 2016
Written by a carer at KIMS Hospital

Dr Austin is such a wonderful doctor. Not only is he incredibly thorough with his approach to diagnosis, his caring manner sets him apart from other physicians. My son has some additional needs and Dr Austin fully appreciated my sons hesitancy with regard to investigations and consultations. A huge thank you to both Dr Austin and to Jayne for being there at the end of the phone.

2nd March 2016
Written by a patient at KIMS Hospital

I first approached Dr. Austen concerning care for my daughter. He took a lot of his own time reviewing previous investigations and notes and really took note of my comments. My own health was also discussed. I spent a lot of time talking to Jayne Austen who works closely with Dr. Austen. Although my daughter was too young to be taken on as a patient of Dr. Austen he, and Jayne, gave us a lot of advice and we now have a clear understanding of the way forward. My own health had taken a back seat up until this point but having corresponded with Dr. Austen and Jayne I realise that there are further things that could be done and got some great advice. I hope to be making an appointment with Dr. Austen for myself soon so I shall be able to update my review!

Nearest Gastroenterologists