dr-daniel-robert-henderson

Dr Daniel Robert Henderson

22nd October 2020

Since diagnosis and referral to Dr Henderson as a patient, I feel I have received excellent treatment, both medically and pastorally during consultation appointments. I found Dr Henderson thorough and he discussed my treatment clearly without me getting lost in terminology. I think particular mention is that when you are a cancer patient, time feels like eternity; quite often during my journey, contact with Dr Henderson was needed outside of normal appointments, and his speed of response must be commended, for example Breast Care Nurse Specialist needing to seek his approval for a course of action we needed to take; seeking advice re a break in treatment due to severe side effects. With me coming from a legal background, time is always of the essence with our clients who invariably are seeking our team's advice because something is wrong - they are grateful for speed of response and this same speed of response I have found particularly refreshing and comforting as a patient of Mr Henderson's. For me, cancer treatment is not just about the medical intervention needed but the mental support during the journey, and having such an excellent turnaround in communication was a huge relief when we came across queries or issues. Praise of service must also go to his wider team who underpin the service as a whole. A cancer journey is hell - I found I almost looked forward to consultations because his understanding of how I was feeling, my worries, my fears were discussed in a warm but factual manner. I am truly grateful for the care and specialism afforded to me so far.

Written by a patient at BMI The Priory Hospital
17th August 2020

Mr Henderson was kind and understanding and I felt completely at ease with him. He was well informed of my condition and explained his treatment plan to me fully. He has been very attentive in answering emails from me and I really cannot recommend him highly enough. I feel very fortunate to have been in his care.

27th July 2020

Dr Henderson was very kind and carefully considered and answered all my questions.

22nd June 2020

What I can I say about Dr Henderson other than I consider myself incredibly lucky to be one of his patients. I was treated for breast cancer in 2018 and have since had a couple of recurrences so when I found out that my oncologist was going on sabbatical and my care would be transferred to another I was a little apprehensive. I needn’t have been concerned as, from our first meeting, he made me feel like I’d always been one of his patients. People who work in oncology are a special breed and Dr Henderson is a prime example of just how special they are. He understands the fears of a cancer patient and gives the support and reassurance they need. His dignity, patience, understanding and calmness has made both myself, and my husband, feel ‘safe’ which is a rare quality when things seem so bleak. A cancer diagnosis is scary. You have the support from your friends and family but the relationship you have with your medical team is paramount ... these are the people that will give you a fighting chance and I couldn’t wish for anyone better than Dr Henderson to help me ‘fight my corner’.

11th May 2020

I was diagnosed with HER2 positive breast cancer November 8th 2019 , I was then appointed Dr Henderson almost immediately to discuss my treatment plan and way forward, I must say Dr Henderson was absolutely fantastic, he has a real calming nature and really put myself and my husband at ease , plotting my treatment course from day 1 gave us a massive line of sight to work to and in with combination of the nurses at little Aston facing the biggest fight of my life became easier & easier as the week progressed, I owe Dr Henderson my life and can’t thank him enough, he’s worth is weight in gold

I am a Consultant Oncologist treating patients with breast and prostate cancer. My training and research was done at the Royal Marsden Hospital, and I now work in the West Midlands. My special interests are in radiotherapy, chemotherapy, and targeted therapy and, in particular, developing personalised treatment plans for patients.

Short link to review Dr Daniel Robert Henderson: http://iwgc.net/ehmcw