good-hope-hospital

Good Hope Hospital

Rectory Road, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, England, B75 7RR

19th April 2020

My uncle was admitted to hospital yesterday with stomach pains and he kept throwing up. He has cerebral palsy and is very vulnerable due to this. My Nan was allowed to wait with him for a little while until a nurse told her that she had to leave. My uncle was unaware of this and due to his vulnerability he was worried and scared. My Nan called the ward and asked them if they could inform my uncle that she was told to go home - they didn’t do this. My Nan then asked somebody on the phone if they knew what was wrong with my uncle (they knew what was wrong with him) , but they told my Nan that they ‘couldn’t discuss it’ . My Nan was then told that my uncle had really bad constipation. They put something in his bum ( I don’t know the name of it) to make him go to the toilet , but due to his cerebral palsy he cannot walk so, he pooed himself. They left my uncle in his own feases and just changed his jeans into some leggings. My Nan picked him up today and my uncle told her that all the staff were nasty to him - he thought my Nan had left him and he was crying his eyes out. Everybody on the ward wanted to go home due to the staff being rude. I understand with everything going on right now is putting a lot of strain on the NHS and all the workers , but that is no way to treat anybody , including somebody who is disabled and vulnerable . I still appreciate all the amazing NHS workers though , you’re doing amazing! But I think some staff should really think about how they treat people.

3rd February 2020

After having stomach pains for some time I had an appointment with Dr Browse at good hope hospital, being diagnosed with gall stones during various test, he recommended a gall bladder removal to be performed at Solihull hospital on the 22nd January on ward s14. any operation is worrying however from the first consultation until the discharge i was fully informed of all the procedures and routines throughout making me feel reassured and a reasonable comfortable, the operation took place and all went according to plan, i would like to thank Dr Browse together with all the staff involved at Solihull ward s14 and Good Hope hospital for their professional competent and committed approach they deliver at all times, making me and other patients feel at ease during these anxious times. many thanks again Tina Arrowsmith.

2nd January 2020

You were all truly amazing in scabu for my family and my son that you cared for we couldn’t have done it without you all thank you so much

27th November 2019

A very poor service, minor injuries nurses with bad attitudes and just generally rude.

21st November 2019

Was on ward 7 the care i recieved by everyone was first class doctors nurses caterers could find no faults many thanks and kind regards sheila ward bed 3

19th September 2019

Mr sivaraj and his team have been brilliantin operations for cataracts in both of my eyes I am 82 and mr sivaraj has given me the best vision of my life A brilliant surgeon .........Keith gibson

3rd September 2019

I was admitted to the Day Case Unit for surgery and was treated with incredible care and skill by the nursing staff. Nurses Claire and Caroline spring to mind - and Kath who was my anaesthetist was absolutely brilliant. I came round without any heavy head or feeling bad in any way - just felt like I'd woken up from a good sleep, meaning she did her job superbly. I really don't see how things could have been improved. A very impressive example of the NHS at its best. Thank you all

22nd August 2019

All the doctors nurses and staff at The Day Care clinic were wonderful, kind and understanding. I could not have had better service and care if I had paid to go private. My treatment from consultation to operation was 6 DAYS I even had breakfast of a pot of tea, toast butter and jams brought into recovery on a tray Thanks Good Hope you are special.

10th July 2019

On May 15th I was seen by Dr Chaudry (sorry if I've got the name wrong), In the women's clinic. On the 30th I came as a day patient and was treated by Mr Honest. On that day I was looked after by about 20 members of staff, all wonderful. Mr Honest was concerned about my condition and after my surgery took the time to visit me in recovery twice and arranged a scan before I was discharged. He made time to come and find me waiting to go home to tell me that he had seen the scan and it looked ok so I shouldn't worry. Two weeks later at a follow up he gave me the results of the surgery and I was sent to City Hospital where I had further surgery on the 2nd July. I can't quite believe how amazing everyone I came into contact with during these visits was. From the volunteers who guided me through the hospital to the Royal Marine I encountered whilst in recovery who was one secondment to the health service for training. I feel that if I had had private health care it could not have been better. Thank you and please in spite of the problems within the service, carry on doing what you do for us you are appreciated though we might not always show it. This is the second time Good Hope has been involved in possibly having extended my shelf life.

{{category}} working at Good Hope Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Good Hope Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb39v