Queen Elizabeth Hospital

Queen Elizabeth Medical Centre, Birmingham, England, B15 2TH

« 1 2 3 4 »

16th September 2018

Amazing cover and care provided. I travel from Stoke which is a pain but QEHB are amazing to me and have helped me better than my local hospital

7th September 2018

Fantastic hospital

24th April 2018

The hospital itself is the biggest in Europe it’s newly built so consequently very fresh and clean with lots of light and gardens. Great friendly staff and easy parking.

17th March 2018

I have been in hospital many many times, and was totally blown away by the kindness and attention given to me by all members of staff. I hope you all give yourselves a pat on the back for the wonderful work and for your caring attitude toward me. I will never forget your kindness. Well done. Q.E. X

27th February 2018

My father was a patient at this hospital for 6 years until his death last year over the course of these 6 years. He was under the care of 2 consultant neurosurgeons in the department of oncology and neurosurgery. He had a meningioma in the parafalacine area of the brain. Neither of his consultants bothered to image or provide follow up aftercare during his years as their patient. He was not even informed that he had a tumour in his brain until 2016 which was showing growth according to an mri image from 2014 that was taken at another hospital. His final consultant had got hold of this scan and then decided to inform him of the findings. I am a consultant neurosurgeon myself working in london and happened to be at this outpatient appointment which was his last appointment at the hospital. So I was a little astounded when his consultant told my father he was going to discharge from his care even after I asked if there was anything else he wanted to say to his patient. He told him he was happy to discharge him from his care no mention of aftercare was discussed. The consultants attitide was that elderly care consultants could provide aftercare regarding the tumour. It was not his responsibility anymore both his neurosurgeons were only interested in him when he was candidate for surgery. There seems to be a problem with the neurosurgery training system in this dept that they are producing consultants who are clinically incompotent and lack the full clinical expertise in neurosurgery. My father's tumour was clearly producing symptoms his last 18 months of life were not pleasant he suffered with the mood swings, personallity switch, fluctuating bouts of confusion and lucidity as wells as the headaches. His GP, district nurses, and us his family were the only support he had it was not easy for me to watch knowing there wre medications that could have alleviated some his symptoms. Would I recommend this dept no I would not.

« 1 2 3 4 »