dr-andra-negoescu

Written by a patient at Newmarket Community Hospital
16th September 2019

I have seen Dr Negoescu consistently for several years. She is thorough, personable and professional with a holistic approach. It is very helpful to receive her letter detailing the consultation and any further recommendations enabling me to manage my health and live life to the full!

• Rheumatology

I am a Consultant Rheumatologist at Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge. Having grown up in a small town in southern Romania, I qualified in Bucharest, where I started my training in Rheumatology, before moving to the UK in 2012. I joined Addenbrooke's Hospital in 2013 as a research fellow and spent 18 months working in the Rheumatology Research Unit, gaining experience in clinical trials and the use of biologics and small molecules. I am currently leading the early inflammatory arthritis service in Cambridge, and along with my colleagues in Paediatrics, I am developing a transition service for young people with chronic rheumatological conditions, aiming to improve their journey towards adult services, and helping build their confidence in managing their condition. I also do community Rheumatology clinics in Ely and Newmarket, for people who are local to these areas. Areas of interest: Early inflammatory arthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, adolescent care, small joint ultrasound, drug safety, joint injections, treatment pathways.

Nearest Rheumatologists