Dr Nicholas Shenker

• Rheumatology

16th April 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

After 7 years of illness and having being passed through 4 different hospital departments I finally ended up in front of Dr Shenker (Clinic 5 [Rheumatology], Addenbrookes, Cambridge), whom after my first consultation definitively diagnosed a rare autoimmune disease. I am convinced that I owe my continuing life to him. He is not just extremely knowledgeable of his fields and conventional/experimental treatments, but also of patient experiences and other treatment options. I feel perfectly comfortable discussing any matter with him and he always listens with interest/concern. Additionally, he is careful to include my partner in consultations and to seek their input. I am particularly appreciative of the written communication I receive that details my test results with synopses and treatment plan. I have total confidence in his care.

30th March 2018

Very helpful and informative

8th March 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I met Dr Shenker for the first time today, he is a very personable man and seemed to be very interested in his job and me as his patient. He listened to what I had to say and actually seemed genuinely interested in my problems. I would definitely recommend him to other patients.

6th March 2018
Written by a patient at Addenbrooke's Hospital

I had been a patient of Dr Osters and was put on Dr Shenkers list when he left. I have found him to be very personable; he looks at me, listens then searches for the evidence attached to my notes, to backup the reasons for his plan of treatments. He gives me time to collect myself so I can interact, query and challenge his course of action; he always seems sure of the direction best to go in. Presently he has stopped Methotrexate and Tofacitinib as my neutophil scores are very low. He appreciates the best course may not necessarily be the easiest but he assures me his long term aim, in his experience, will be the best course.

27th February 2018
Written by a patient at Nuffield Hospital Cambridge

Dr Shenker takes the time to listen , treats and understands one as an individual and most importantly cares how one actually is feeling. He has great knowledge in Rheumatology and of pain control I travel in excess of 200 miles to ensure that I receive the best treatment I can for my condition that is how much faith I have in the charming Doctor.

Nearest Rheumatologists