Dr David O'Reilly

Consultant Rheumatologist working at the West Suffolk Hospital and the BMI Hospital in Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

• Rheumatology
  • Internal (General) Medicine

13th November 2017
Written by a patient at BMI Bury St Edmunds Hospital

Dr O’Reilly was very attentive and thorough, going through my family history as well as potential symptoms, past and present. He was very informative and took time to answer my questions in considerable detail. He had an excellent bedside manner, both friendly and reassuring. I did not feel rushed in any way and completely trusted his assessment of my condition.

2nd November 2017
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

David gave impartial advice. He gave me unbiased, non-technical, information about my illness and the steps that I need to take to attempt to overcome it. He listened carefully and dealt with my concerns in a caring manner, recommending areas of the Internet where I could locate information about my condition. All the questions I asked were answered frankly and firmly. Despite this, his attitude towards me was caring and, at the end of my consultation, I felt that we had discussed my condition fully and my concerns had been fully answered. I would happily undergo a further consultation with him.

30th October 2017
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

Doctor O’Reilly is at the top of his game! He is polite, charming and considerate. He always makes the time to listen and let me explain in my own way how my condition is affecting me and my ability to carry on working/ live my life! No matter how behind-schedule his clinic may be, he still affords me as much time as I need to feel comfortable, and this makes it worth the invariable wait to be seen. He’s very thorough in his detailed explanation of how any treatment will proceed and what any side-effects are likely to be. I would be happy to recommend him to anyone who’s experiencing similar problems to myself.

27th October 2017
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

Just the time is limited so much more now

23rd September 2017
Written by a patient at West Suffolk Hospital

This doctor is - as far as I'm concerned - a genius. Having suffered pain for 5 years - which was deteriorating rather than improving - I was willing to do whatever the medical profession could suggest to get my life back to normality. I was told to rest the affected areas by other professionals - but this did not help. In fact it exacerbated matters. Dr O'Reilly turned this advice on it's head. And it worked. Thanks to this doctor I'm now back working full time and have a far better understanding of how to manage my condition. I wholeheartedly recommend the wisdom and expertise of this doctor. I cannot thank him enough!

Nearest Rheumatologists