professor-philip-chapman-sheath

Professor Philip Chapman-Sheath

Written by a private patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
8th November 2021

Initially very pleased with the recommendation to use vista diagnostics for mri scans - very quick, convenient and great value. When an arthroscopy was required it was available at a time to suit me. The arthroscopy ‘package’ was very complete including everything on the day of surgery and follow-up physiotherepy and review with the surgeon. Best of all was the immediacy of the recovery. Having walked to the operation on crutches, I left the hospital weight-bearing and immediately felt comfortable walking every day. I drove after 5 days. After the stitches were removed (day 10) I enjoyed walking an hour a day on the south west coast path. Returned to playing ‘walking’ tennis after 3 weeks..

Written by a private patient at Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital
19th October 2021

Having sustained a knee injury in my 20s, despite staying fit and active, by my 50s the pain had become acute and restrictive. I researched the best knee surgeons and contacted Professor Chapman Sheath. Professor Chapman Sheath explained clearly and thoroughly that the x-rays and MRIs confirmed urgent treatment was required and within two weeks of my initial consultation I was in the operating theatre. The operation was a complete success. I followed a rigorous exercise regime, including rowing daily on a concept 2 rower from day 8. I had been rowing regularly (as a non-impact sport) prior to my operation and this definitely assisted with the post-operative mobility in my knee. I was able to return to the tennis court for gentle doubles within a month. I have continued to row 6km (approx. 30 minutes) daily, which I am convinced is key for keeping mobility in my knee. On the very occasional days I have not rowed, my knee is stiff the following morning. Now, almost six months later, I am back to all my sporting activities; tennis, cycling, cold water swimming, windsurfing and walking longer distances whilst teaching my DofE groups, almost completely pain free. My knee is still a little swollen and I do know when I have overdone the amount of exercise, but the joy at being pain free after all of these years is brilliant. And my scar is minimal and very neat. I cannot thank Professor Chapman Sheath enough and have absolutely no hesitation in recommending him.

19th October 2021
Response from Professor Philip Chapman-Sheath

Thank you for the excellent and detailed feedback which really emphasises the importance of the rehabilitation phase and self directed return to sports as a critical factor in the overall success of surgery - the whole team working together is the reason for tour great results

Written by a private patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
22nd July 2021

My initial xrays were explained clearly making the decision to go for total knee replacement an easy one. The operation itself was a great success. Having followed the post operative advice and exercises and attended regular visits to the physio, I was soon able to get back to my regular exercise regime. Within 5 months, I was able to visit the Lake District and do some moderate fell walking. I visited again 8 months after the operation and was able to successfully tackle the high fells. On a cosmetic side, my scar is minimal.

Expert Specialist Knee Surgeon treating both adults and children in the premier private hospital in South Central England. Impartial advice and state of the art imaging facilities, safe surgery using evidence-based proven surgical techniques. International and national reputation for excellence - named as one of the UK's best Knee Replacement Surgeons 2018 : Daily Mail Specialist in sports knee injuries, meniscus surgery, cartilage transplantation, ACL and ligament reconstruction, anterior knee pain, patellar instability, partial knee resurfacing, primary and complex revision knee replacements, joint -preservation surgery, personalised treatment and dedicated specialist rehabilitation experts Specialist management of childrens' knee conditions in a dedicated Paediatric Private Unit Visiting Professor at the University of Southampton in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences working in Novel Devices in Electronics and Computer Science (ECS)

Short link to review Professor Philip Chapman-Sheath: http://iwgc.net/eq8u