professor-philip-chapman-sheath

Professor Philip Chapman-Sheath

Written by a private patient at Spire Southampton Hospital
22nd July 2021

My initial xrays were explained clearly making the decision to go for total knee replacement an easy one. The operation itself was a great success. Having followed the post operative advice and exercises and attended regular visits to the physio, I was soon able to get back to my regular exercise regime. Within 5 months, I was able to visit the Lake District and do some moderate fell walking. I visited again 8 months after the operation and was able to successfully tackle the high fells. On a cosmetic side, my scar is minimal.

Written by a patient at Nuffield Health Wessex Hospital
27th August 2020

I first came across Mr Chapman-Sheath when I had an accident where reeds were embedded in my leg. This needed great skill to take out the layers of reed and the consensus at Nuffield Hospital was that "Philip" was the one who could do it best. He operated very quickly and the wound healed nicely. Recently my right knee had to be replaced due to osteo-arthritis and a defect in the knee joint which meant the leg also needed straightening. He explained in detail what was involved and myself and my husband had great faith that the operation would be successful. Due to my healing too quickly scar tissue formed but again he arranged very quickly for me to have key hole surgery to clear it before he went on holiday. I did appreciate this as each week meant the knee was stiffening although walking and standing on the leg was quite easy within days of the first operation. Throughout the whole process everything was explained and reassurance given. If you are in doubt I would have no hesitation in recommending Mr Chapman-Sheath as there is no pressure to proceed - he leaves it to you to decide when you are ready to go ahead. I wish him and his PA Suzette continued health and success.

24th January 2021
Response from Professor Philip Chapman-Sheath

Thank you very much for the feedback and wishing you all the best from the team !

27th August 2020

I am lucky enough to not just be a patient of Prof. Chapman-Sheath, but also work in the same environment as him. He was extremely kind when I approached him at work regarding my knee pain and when I was put under his care, I felt he really wanted to fix the problem without going for the easiest option. I am currently waiting for a 2 part cartilage transplant operation, and I feel totally safe in his hands.

24th January 2021
Response from Professor Philip Chapman-Sheath

Looking forward to getting the surgery performed after the COVID lockdown and pressure on the NHS reduces

Expert Specialist Knee Surgeon treating both adults and children in the premier private hospital in South Central England. Impartial advice and state of the art imaging facilities, safe surgery using evidence-based proven surgical techniques. International and national reputation for excellence - named as one of the UK's best Knee Replacement Surgeons 2018 : Daily Mail Specialist in sports knee injuries, meniscus surgery, cartilage transplantation, ACL and ligament reconstruction, anterior knee pain, patellar instability, partial knee resurfacing, primary and complex revision knee replacements, joint -preservation surgery, personalised treatment and dedicated specialist rehabilitation experts Specialist management of childrens' knee conditions in a dedicated Paediatric Private Unit Visiting Professor at the University of Southampton in the Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences working in Novel Devices in Electronics and Computer Science (ECS)

Short link to review Professor Philip Chapman-Sheath: http://iwgc.net/eq8u