mr-neal-jacobs

24th September 2020

Mr Jacobs is professional whilst maintaining a great, personal approach. He understands why it’s so important to be able to what you love and does what he can to make that happen. Even during these strange times he has stayed true to his profession and continues to help. I might not have had the most interesting or complex requirements but he demonstrated behaviour that said it was to him.

11th September 2020

I was very happy with the care and expertise I received from Mr Jacobs and I have no hesitation in recommending him. His manner and clinical knowledge immediately put me at ease and I was very pleased with the post operative outcome. Should I ever need further surgery he would be my first choice.

Written by a patient at Salisbury District Hospital
18th April 2020

Neal Jacobs recently carried my relatively simple, elective ankle surgery entirely successfully. There had been a number of options as to how to best proceed - these he clearly and sympathetically explained before we agreed the way ahead. Post surgery follow up was straight forward and satisfactory given the lack of complications and restrictions due to social distancing requirements. His easy charm ensured that our few meetings were relaxed and constructive.

17th February 2020

My initial consultation with Mr Jacobs was mid December. He immediately put me at ease with his quiet & unassuming manner. We discussed a number of medical issues, none of which caused him the slightest concern. At my request Mr Jacobs agreed that he could fit me in for an operation before Christmas, which allowed for the immediate recovery time to be over the holiday period. My surgery was neat with no problems. Post operatively I have experienced fewer issues than what he advised could be the case. I was very happy with the whole process, his secretary was very efficient & friendly & I would not hesitate to recommend Mr Jacobs for his competence & reassuring manner.

16th October 2019

I spent 7 months trying to get to the bottom of a concerning foot issue but unfortunately to no avail. In sheer frustration, I researched a suitable foot and ankle specialist and decided to consult Mr Jacobs whom I believed would be able to help me. Within the first 5 minutes of my initial consultation, Mr Jacobs had identified the cause of my problem where other healthcare professionals had failed. I was extremely impressed by his superb oral and written communications, which revealed a comprehensive understanding of my condition, a highly detailed approach and an ability to translate complex medical terminology into simplified explanations, supported by a drawing! Whilst his approach may seem modest and slightly understated , it belies an empathetic and caring professionalism. I subsequently had an operation as a day patient to correct a plantar plate tear, a hammer toe which had subsequently developed and an existing hallux vulgus deformity. This operation was a complete success, and I was very surprised at how little pain I experienced afterwards ( a mere 2 days of modest discomfort), which can only be put down to Mr Jacobs' expertise and that of his anaesthetist. I have received excellent aftercare and attention and I cannot commend Mr Jacobs highly enough. He is very patient and importantly for me , was able to re-assure me and provide detailed and sound advice as to my rehabilitation and resumption of my sporting interests. I would strongly urge anyone reading my review to contact Mr Jacobs in preference to any other consultant in this discipline.

Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic surgeon, Salisbury NHS Founation Trust. I am a UK and international fellowship trained consultant orthopaedic surgeon with specialist expertise in Foot & Ankle surgery and complex orthopaedic limb reconstruction. I have a patient-centred approach and understand how important it is for people to get back to doing what they love. I will do all I can to help my patients return to their hobbies and pursuits. I treat all surgical Foot & Ankle conditions from the simple to the very complex. My clinical interests include percutaneous minimally invasive foot and ankle surgery, bunion correction, Achilles tendon reconstruction, joint preserving ankle surgery, sports injuries, arthritis, deformity and trauma/ fractures. In addition to my Foot & ankle practice I also undertake complex limb reconstruction surgery including limb lengthening, treatment of adult bone deformity, management of problem fractures and bone infection. For more information please visit my personal website: https://www.nealjacobs.co.uk

Short link to review Mr Neal Jacobs: http://iwgc.net/ef9hx