Mr Neal Jacobs

Consultant Trauma & Orthopaedic surgeon, Salisbury NHS Founation Trust. I am a UK and international fellowship trained consultant orthopaedic surgeon with specialist expertise in Foot & Ankle surgery and complex orthopaedic limb reconstruction. I have a patient-centred approach and understand how important it is for people to get back to doing what they love. I will do all I can to help my patients return to their hobbies and pursuits. I treat all surgical Foot & Ankle conditions from the simple to the very complex. My clinical interests include percutaneous minimally invasive foot and ankle surgery, bunion correction, Achilles tendon reconstruction, joint preserving ankle surgery, sports injuries, arthritis, deformity and trauma/ fractures. In addition to my Foot & ankle practice I also undertake complex limb reconstruction surgery including limb lengthening, treatment of adult bone deformity, management of problem fractures and bone infection. For more information please visit my personal website: https://www.nealjacobs.co.uk

• Orthopaedic and Trauma Surgery

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »

16th May 2019
Written by a patient at New Hall Hospital

I was recommended to see Mr Neal Jacobs after I developed problems and pain within my right ankle and feet after an accident. I contacted his secretary Yvette Holmes who was very polite also very helpful, and got me an appointment the next day. Mr Neal Jacobs listened to me and understood the complex nature of my problem, and took into account my complex medical history. He gave sound advice and explained everything to me, so I could fully understand each stage of the process. Mr Neal Jacobs organised appropriate X-Ray and MRI scans, which were carried out on site on the same day, or a few of days later in the case of the MRI. This was to help identify the key problems and allow him thoroughly and extensively to investigate and to provide me the best care and out come to suite my needs. Mr Neal Jacobs having found the best course of action, arranged an appointment soon after the results had been compiled, this was to again explain in detail the findings and to fix the problems. He in my case recommended surgery, Yvette Holmes was exceptional at catering to my requirements and ensuring I was happy with what was going on and filling out the paperwork. Yvette Holmes organised my surgery within a month of my last appointment with Mr Neal Jacobs, but due to circumstances out of my control I was unable to attend, this was not a problems and the New Hall Hospital team understood and Yvette Holmes re arranged once my circumstances changed. Yvette Holmes booked me in again very quickly for my operation, once arriving at the New Hall Hospital the staff were very polite and couldn’t do enough to help. As it was my first operation I was very nervous, and had lots of questions to which the staff, nurses, and operating team were happy to help explain. Mr Neal Jacobs came in to talk before the operation and go thought everything so I was happy! After the operation the New Hall Hospital team looked after me in my own room, attending to everything I required they were helpful and made me feel at easy. They helped me with walking equipment and medication, after monitoring me they gave me all the information if I needed help and allowed me to rest and recover at home.- I recovered for about 2 weeks after the operation, at which point Yvette Holmes arranged for me to see Mr Neal Jacobs again to have my stiches removed and consultation on to how the operation went and physiotherapy. Within the third week I was walking un-aided again, and on the road to recovery! Mr Neal Jacobs was happy to hear from me after the recovery period, and was happy to give excellent advice. He was excellent thought-out the process to write and communicate with my GP and other specialists, ensuring all parts of my care team were aware of what stage I was at as part of my operation and recovery.

19th November 2018
Written by a patient at New Hall Hospital

I was referred to Mr Jacobs by my rheumatologist who found residual damage in my ankle following a complicated fracture. I was very impressed with how quickly Mr Jacobs knew exactly what needed to be done, even though I was not expecting it to be more surgery. The operation was carried out as day surgery and I am now undertaking physiotherapy. Mr Jacobs warned me that my ankle would never be as it was when I first broke it, but it is so much better than it was. Excellent care all round.

10th August 2018
Written by a member of staff at Salisbury District Hospital

I run Harnham Physiotherapy Clinic and it is an absolute blessing to have Neal Jacobs now based here in Salisbury. Neal is a highly skilled specialist who is incredibly thorough and leaves “no stone unturned.” Our experience of Neal is also that he respects the body’s natural healing abilities given the correct approach to treatment and he will only actively intervene where absolutely indicated and necessary. Furthermore, he has a really lovely manner with people as well! I would trust Neal personally for myself and my family and have absolutely no hesitation whatsoever in recommending him to our clients suffering any stubborn acute or a chronic foot and ankle complaints.

11th April 2018
Written by a patient at New Hall Hospital

I had two procedures operated on my feet by Mr Jacobs and both were a success. I knew exactly what to expect and Mr Jacobs patiently explained everything at initial consultation followed by the two subsequent procedures and follow up. I have recommended him to others and will do in the future. His uncomplicated explanations leave you knowing what to expect and this in turn makes the experience stress free and successful.

6th January 2018
Written by a patient at New Hall Hospital

In consultation, following x-rays, Mr Jacobs thoroughly explained the procedure I was to undergo for my recent bunion operation. On the day, he visited me prior to the op allaying any concerns I might have; likewise, following the op - to reassure me the procedure went well. At my six week follow-up, a further x-ray proved the splendid improvement to my foot - I am thrilled with the result. I have every confidence in Mr Jacobs' experience in his field, plus the way he made me feel my case was important to him.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 »