Spire Southampton Hospital

Chalybeate Close, Southampton, England, SO16 6UY

29th October 2018

The nursing staff were uninformed about my condition and appeared scared of Mr Brooke. He spoke rudely to his registrar and was never available.

20th June 2018

27th April 2018

Excellent hospital, excellent team and although I am happy to never go again, if I had to, I would feel very reassured by the prospect of the Spire Southampton.

28th April 2017

I was admitted into the Spire Southampton in January for a Spine operation, I had successfully completed the screening process and was well and healthy, and I had even used the soap and the nutritional drink the Spire provided ahead of my operation. The spinal surgery went well but my bowel became impacted and was not treated properly by the hospital and I was subsequently sent home with an impacted bowel which required further treatment. However shortly after discharge I began to feel unwell and within 2 weeks I was readmitted into another hospital by my GP and Surgeon and was diagnosed with a massive infection and required further surgery to clean and remove a significant amount of pus from my spine, I was hospitalised for a further 2 weeks on intravenous antibiotics and was very poorly I am now taking a 6 month course of antibiotics and if they don’t eradicate the infection I am facing a lifetime on medication, if the infection becomes resistant to the antibiotics the metalwork in my spine would have to be removed which in turn could be a life changing event for me, however I remain hopeful the infection will be eradicated. The hospital has been obstructive and is now blaming me for getting an infection in their hospital, I find their response to a serious infection insulting and dismissive not only to me but to all the patients who use the Spire in Southampton, they just don’t care. A 2014 Care Quality Commission report on the Spire in Southampton, under the heading are services safe, stated “There were good infection control surveillance procedures to identify and manage infections. However, procedures for infection prevention and control were not always followed, and theand fabric of the building and the design of some areasincreased the risk of crossinfection.” http://www.cqc.org.uk/location/1-129798412/reports You have been warned 110 Days since my original surgery (6th Jan) 100 Days since my discharge from Spire Southampton (16th Jan) 78 Days since my emergency admission into the Wessex Nuffield Hospital (7th Feb) 74 Days since my emergency Debridement surgery (11th Feb) 65 Days since my discharge from the Wessex Nuffield Hospital (20th Feb) 43 Days since you started the RCA (Email 14th Mar) 14 Days (minimum) since the RCA was handed over to Spires Legal team 0 Route Cause Analysis report issued

13th April 2016

I had a spine operation in October and was sent home within a day and a half becsuse they needed the room, my bowels hadn't opened, I had a throat infection and the wound was still leaking and needed medical care when I got home. I was assured this was a one off, but a week later a colleague of mine was discharged and needed a paramedic on her arrival home. The complaint procedure is a joke and Spire deliberately are obstructive and dismissive not only towards the patient but to the ombudsman as well.

{{category}} working at Spire Southampton Hospital ({{entities.length}})

Short link to review Spire Southampton Hospital: http://iwgc.net/eb4yy